Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 03-19-2019, 07:44 PM

I've been working on Junker today and it's nearly ready to start mapping, just a few tweaks here and there to finish it up. That's all I've been doing today just little things here and there. There doesn't seem to be much happening on the forums so I thought I'd just post something to say what I'm up to. Anyone else alive out there?
Old 03-19-2019, 08:01 PM

I`m still here Tech., I check in on the forums everyday, especially yours. I think we just need more modelers here to liven things up a bit. Unfortunately, modeling isn`t that easy too learn.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
i hear you and same i check in every day couple times and yes to uncle twist on the need more modelers
Old 03-20-2019, 03:53 AM

I check in here every day. I didn't wanna post too much in your thread unrelated to the project. I've been out flying my helis the last couple of afternoons. Today though it's supposed to be rainy and windy. I hate getting up at 3 am but do like having the time off after lunch.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:19 PM

Yes I agree it would be more fun if we had more modelers. I remember when I first started, abaser, Fly_electric, legoman, and I guess me. My models tend to be very similar so I image that gets a bit boring to watch. It's fun for me because I'm creating them but less fun to watch. And I've noticed when I model high profile models like the Jenny, Great Lakes Special, SE5, and F8F the interest level is much higher. But I'm cursed with liking plain-ole RC models so that's what I tend to model.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:30 PM

I decided to do something a bit different. I went back and grabbed the 3d Gauges I made for the SE-5 and reworked them a bit for Junker. This time I'm creating working Air Speed, RPM, and Artificial Horizon gauges. The artificial horizon is a simple plane profile that will be animated to climb, dive, and roll with the plane. It's not a full artificial horizon gauge but something to look at while flying. Here's a picture of the dashboard with the needles I made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junker 21.jpg (65.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by technoid; 03-20-2019 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling and gauge name
Old 03-20-2019, 03:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
look forward to seeing how that works sounds good
Old 03-20-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I decided to do something a bit different. I went back and grabbed the 3d Gauges I made for the SE-5 and reworked them a bit for Junker. This time I'm creating working Air Speed, RPM, and Heading gauges. The heading is a simple plane profile that will be animated to climb, dive, and roll with the plane. It's not a full heading gauge but something to look at while flying. Here's a picture of the dashboard with the needles I made.
So now I can program heavy fog in the environments and fly on gauges, awesome.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:51 PM

Wow .. next thing you know you'll have a pilot that gets flung out on a crash. Don't ever think I've seen working gauges.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I decided to do something a bit different. I went back and grabbed the 3d Gauges I made for the SE-5 and reworked them a bit for Junker. This time I'm creating working Air Speed, RPM, and Heading gauges. The heading is a simple plane profile that will be animated to climb, dive, and roll with the plane. It's not a full heading gauge but something to look at while flying. Here's a picture of the dashboard with the needles I made.
The depicted "heading gauge's" proper name is artificial horizon. a true heading gauge is a compass
Old 03-20-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Wow .. next thing you know you'll have a pilot that gets flung out on a crash. Don't ever think I've seen working gauges.
Ever fly the DC-3 or the A-1H in realflight? And I guess we could make the pilot head eject on a crash it; would not be too hard.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The depicted "heading gauge's" proper name is artificial horizon. a true heading gauge is a compass
OPPs.. Yeah my mistake and I knew that I just messed up.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:19 PM

Boy this is going to be neat, working gauges, I can't wait to fly this one, nice work Technoid!
Old 03-21-2019, 12:40 PM

A bit more work on Junker today I added a new tail gear. I always dread the mapping phase that's probably why I tweak so much before starting it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junker 22.jpg (54.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-21-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
A bit more work on Junker today I added a new tail gear. I always dread the mapping phase that's probably why I tweak so much before starting it.
I have an associate who can do that for you FAST !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: