Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 01-10-2017, 04:42 PM

Thanks guys. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen table where I was working on it and the wife wants a big breakfast but I'm tired now and will take a half hour to rest and then fix us breakfast. Yeah I know, but breakfast is good anytime and when you're retired it's even better in the afternoon.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:11 PM

I didn't feel good yesterday afternoon so I never got back to my new build, but I did this morning and things are going good so far. I've updated the BIOS, from within the BIOS, a nice feature. Then I setup what I needed in the BIOS like disabling the onboard sound since I use a Sound Blaster and turned off the Serial Port. Then I used a Windows Repair disc to boot and get a command prompt so I could remove the two partitions on my old SSD, so now everything is fresh and ready to start installing Windows. I wanted a short break and some coffee and thought I'd drop by and give an update on how it's going. I guess it's time to start installing Windows now.

Boy I always hold my breath when turning on a new system. Gotta say a prayer to get help you know.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:12 PM

I picture you like the electronic/radio guy in the movie "Down Periscope". Turning the system on with the big welding type glove.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I picture you like the electronic/radio guy in the movie "Down Periscope". Turning the system on with the big welding type glove.
Now where's my welding glove

Things are still going good I have Windows 7 Professional installed and all the drivers and have started the Windows Update process, it found 207 updates so that will take a while. Oh.. got the drivers for the M2 SSD installed too so I'm getting there. I have to say this new system is very quiet.. very quiet I love it. Of course after all the updates are installed I still have to install all of my applications and create a system image so it'll still be a while but I'm happy everything is working.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Now where's my welding glove

Things are still going good I have Windows 7 Professional installed and all the drivers and have started the Windows Update process, it found 207 updates so that will take a while. Oh.. got the drivers for the M2 SSD installed too so I'm getting there. I have to say this new system is very quiet.. very quiet I love it. Of course after all the updates are installed I still have to install all of my applications and create a system image so it'll still be a while but I'm happy everything is working.
Great. Like I said if you ever want to do the free Windows 10 upgrade I have a DVD that MS sent those of us who participated in the testing. Even though the one year is up if you have this DVD you can still get it free. It has the entire October 2016 Windows 10 OS for all the versions in both 32 and 64 bit.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Great. Like I said if you ever want to do the free Windows 10 upgrade I have a DVD that MS sent those of us who participated in the testing. Even though the one year is up if you have this DVD you can still get it free. It has the entire October 2016 Windows 10 OS for all the versions in both 32 and 64 bit.
Being honest I almost went with Windows 10 this time until I remembered that 3ds Max 2012 won't work with it, so I stayed with Windows 7. My update download just passed 197 of 207 so the download will be done soon. So cool, things are happening.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:14 PM

I'm posting this from my new system. I have Windows 7 Professional installed with all the updates and am getting ready to setup a 4TB RAID 1 Array so that will take some time I guess I've never done it on a motherboard before. I've done it at work with add-in RAID boards but not on a motherboard. I've always used external USB drives to store important stuff but this time I thought I'd use a RAID 1 built in the system. Of course I'll still store some important stuff on an external drive too. I guess I better get to it.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM

Okay I'm finally back I just finished installing 3ds Max 2012 and have almost a year left so I plan to keep working on 7.5. I'm not saying I won't work on RF-X too but for now I'm more interested in 7.5. For some reason RF-X hasn't grown on me enough to quit working on 7.5 so I have something else planned after I finish the Laser. I just did my first export on the fresh install and I think I'm ready to start mapping. I'm going to fly it a bit and look it over to see if I want to do anything else and then I'll map it. Here's a render to kick off my new install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AJ Laser 230z 73 25.jpg (230.8 KB, 8 views)
Old Today, 03:38 PM

I started mapping today. I finished the fuselage and will start on the wings next, so it's coming along. I guess no ones interested in 7.5 now.
Old Today, 04:45 PM

Looking real nice Technoid, I wouldn`t say that about 7.5. It seems like a toss up to me (in favor of 7.5). I think I`ve read more negative than positive about RF-X thus far. But hey, even the ugly duckling grew up to be a pretty swan, I `m just glad I didn`t purchase X at this point.
Old Today, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I guess no ones interested in 7.5 now.
No I prefer 7.5 to X. It is just not my type of plane. I usually "kit bash", tweak the performance, and or scale your planes up.
Old Today, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Looking real nice Technoid, I wouldn`t say that about 7.5. It seems like a toss up to me (in favor of 7.5). I think I`ve read more negative than positive about RF-X thus far. But hey, even the ugly duckling grew up to be a pretty swan, I `m just glad I didn`t purchase X at this point.
Yeah I think you're right RF-X will get there it will just take some time. But it would be nice if they would let people know what they're working on, it would generate good press for them. I'm sure they're still working on the stutter issue lots of people have said it's still there. It may be better than before but it's easy for me to see when I fly a plane around in front of me. But, yeah they'll get there.
Old Today, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No I prefer 7.5 to X. It is just not my type of plane. I usually "kit bash", tweak the performance, and or scale your planes up.
You do what to my planes (7.5 rules)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: