Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 9
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:52 PM

Airline travel with an Interlink controller

I have been doing a great deal of traveling lately on business and am sometimes on an engagement for several weeks at a time. I already travel with the laptop I have RealFlight installed on.

I was wondering if anyone else travels with their Interlink Controller. I have the Interlink DX, a fantastic controller by the way! Checked luggage seems like it would be inviting damage. If you travel with your interlink, how to you pack it and protect it from damage.

Thanks!

Jim
Old 02-14-2020, 12:59 AM

Google "Spektrum gimbal protector" . Here's one random example I found: https://www.brain3d.co/products/gimb...=5321728426014
If you know someone with a 3D printer, I'm sure there are several versions that can be downloaded to be printed.

With the addition of those, I'd just wrap it in all the clothes in the suitcase, and it should be just fine. If doing only carry-on, might wait do that after going through security!
Old 02-14-2020, 12:58 PM

I have traveled many time (conus and oconus) and have left the controller in my checked bag each and everytime. I wrap it in clothing and put it in the center of the bag. No problems yet.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:44 PM

Thank you for the advice! Iíll find some gimbal protectors and wrap it in clothing in my checked bag. Having the sim with me will make living in hotel rooms more bearable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: