Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 9
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 08-25-2019, 05:44 PM

Well no wonder I couldn't figure it out lol
Old 08-25-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
no receiver channel 14 and in rf 8 (I don't have 9 yet) and if what ryan said id true and the channels are hard coded at 12 the Skyraider is fubar as it needs 14 channels and uses 15.

Why I ran the throttle through channel 14 is because I am using the trims as their own channels since they automatically are forced to channels 1-4 and whatever input you assign in the radio will have that trim assigned to it. On the skyraider their is no inputs in channels 1-4 so I can read the trims and make the trim tab and trim controls move in the cockpit when you interact with the trims on the interlink. thus those inputs where moved to channels 9 (aileron) 10 (elevator) 11 (rudder), and 14 (throttle) to be mixed on the airplane in the electronics section
Software Radio or Receiver Channel are the same aren't they?

Thanks for the explanation I know you had a long comment about that stuff but I just used the bare controls to fly it around some
Old 08-25-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc51dude View Post
Ill say the quality feels good on the DX, feels far more solid that the Interlink X. The gimbals and rotary knob are butter smooth. I hated the knob on my Interlink X. It was in a crap location and could not be easily spun with one finger. No it does not feel like I'm holding my DX9 in real life but its close, and that's why I figure the switches are mapped the way they are. They are the same default as my real life Spektrum. Its light weight because there is no battery pack obviously. I actually hot glued 4 oz of weight into my Interlink X to better balance it. I beat the crap out of my old Interlink Plus from RF3.5 I imagine this DX will go just as long.
Thanks I appreciate the information.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Software Radio or Receiver Channel are the same aren't they?

Thanks for the explanation I know you had a long comment about that stuff but I just used the bare controls to fly it around some
  • Input channels are the switches, knobs, and gimbals.
  • Receiver channels are what the input channels use to send the signal to the airplane from the transmitter
  • Software radio (which I could not find today any more to double check) determine whether it is direct pass through from input channel to receiver (I think)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:14 PM

Well maybe RF8 had this but I just stumbled across it myself, under the "Simulation" tab you can go to "select controller" And from there you can edit pretty easily change all your radio channels, I just put my flaps back on the knob
Old 08-25-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
  • Input channels are the switches, knobs, and gimbals.
  • Receiver channels are what the input channels use to send the signal to the airplane from the transmitter
  • Software radio (which I could not find today any more to double check) determine whether it is direct pass through from input channel to receiver (I think)
Here's a picture of why I said Software Radio or Receiver Channel is the same thing. The drop down list is titled Software Radio and that's where you create the channels you need to control the plane - So the software radio IS the receiver channels. And yeah the input channels are the actual controls and switches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Software Radio.jpg (64.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-26-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Here's a picture of why I said Software Radio or Receiver Channel is the same thing. The drop down list is titled Software Radio and that's where you create the channels you need to control the plane - So the software radio IS the receiver channels. And yeah the input channels are the actual controls and switches.
sorry I thought you were referring to the old direct pass through switch from older real flights and it was called "use software radio" with a yes or no option
Old 08-26-2019, 03:55 PM

Hello,
If I download RF9 and order the serial number, is it compatible with my radio JETI connected in USB as with Aerofly ?
else, is it compatible with the old RF7 dongle ?
thank you

Last edited by jparia; 08-26-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:15 PM

As long as Windows recognises this as a joystick you should be fine with RF8 or RF9. Should work the same as it does with Aerofly RC7 or RC8;

https://www.aerofly.com/community/fo...ith-jeti-ds16/

Probably best to find it in your windows control panel/device and printers, then check its properties and calibrate it beforehand. Then run through the RF9 calibration to map your channels.

To be honest, I think you will be a lot better off in the long run spending the extra $80 and get the DVD Interlink DX combo. If your PC does not have a DVD player you can get an external one. for ~$20.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:26 PM

Than you Tom C.
I do not think to use a radio held with the thumbs because I pilot with a desk and that's why I use a old Graupner MC18 radio and my Jeti DC14.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparia View Post
Than you Tom C.
I do not think to use a radio held with the thumbs because I pilot with a desk and that's why I use a old Graupner MC18 radio and my Jeti DC14.
Na, you just use those old controllers because you are too cheap to buy the Interlink DX controller, lol! Just kidding, use whatever makes you happy. Cheers.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:38 AM

??? you can put RF DX Radio on the table

I do not understand the thumb comment. You can lay the DX radio on the desk and fly with your fingers. The reason to use the new DX radio is that it is much better aligned with the software. Otherwise, you will be messing with the radio settings all the time. For $100, it is worth using the "radio" around which the software is designed. Of course, you are more than welcome to use any device you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparia View Post
Thank you Tom C.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 08-28-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:37 AM

Ryan, can somebody just put the issue a few of us have with RFX to rest and why you abandoned it and just put an end to the speculation. I have purchased 5 versions of Realflight and all the controllers along the way so I deserve an explanation as do a few others? Thanks
Old 09-08-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellah1z View Post
Ryan, can somebody just put the issue a few of us have with RFX to rest and why you abandoned it and just put an end to the speculation. I have purchased 5 versions of Realflight and all the controllers along the way so I deserve an explanation as do a few others? Thanks
Yes, so many are guessing that RFx is abandoned and there's no voice to the contrary. It would be great to hear it if there's something new coming.

Not everyone dissed x. Some of us saw it as a bud that could grow into something great... and we defended it as such against the complainers. Please tell us something.

Edit: Oh I didn't realize it was officially discontinued. Just caught up on that & read thru the RFx forum. Dissapointed.

Last edited by Stringfellow; 09-08-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
Yes, so many are guessing that RFx is abandoned and there's no voice to the contrary. It would be great to hear it if there's something new coming.

Not everyone dissed x. Some of us saw it as a bud that could grow into something great... and we defended it as such against the complainers. Please tell us something.

Edit: Oh I didn't realize it was officially discontinued. Just caught up on that & read thru the RFx forum. Dissapointed.
I wish Knifedge would put it onto Steam as an early access title and keep up the development... Accuflight2 have managed to create a good following and RFX is still better than Accuflight overall even as RFX in its half finished state. Cmon Knifeedge you can rehack RF 7 over and over so how about just trying some incremental development on Steam?

Last edited by Bellah1z; 09-08-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: