Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-23-2016, 03:09 PM

System
I7 6700K
16GB Ram
GTX1070

General performance seems improved, much better for 3D heli flying where frame rates of 60fps are required.

I would like to run 2560x1440 resolution (too much load to run 4k) but this drives my TV to 1440p @30 Hz. Another Sim I use (uses the Unity graphics engine) with a desktop resolution of set at 2160p, selecting 1440p in the sim results in a scaled up full screen still running at 2160p 60Hz.

When flying a heli, the model image does not seem to be well defined, the tailboom and supports look to have poor anti-aliasing. The heli image looks clearer on 7.5.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:23 PM

Yes. In a first view there are improvements in performance. No doubt about it.
I dont know there was a bug related to foreign customers like me.

With beta rfx, The asus tweak graphic about GPU use shown intensive activity. CPU and
memory in windows task manager shown system resources demand.

Interlink control input delay was reduced, FPS increased significantly.

Keyboard input show some delay yet when invoking console and input data by keypress at console.

I live in Brazil. Keyboard and windows system is PORTUGUESE language, The console is invoked
keypressing CTRL + ALT + ' (the key above key TAB). ~ does not work with my keyboard.
A similar issue has ocurred with RF 7 was relesead.

Last edited by Andre Medeiros; 11-23-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:28 PM

Someone said that flying away there is possible see a lake. When I fly in Real flight school airpórt it is not possible fly away. All flight is around rf school site. It is not possible to go far away.

How could to lly away from take off runaway?
Old 11-23-2016, 04:27 PM

Much Improved but still some issues

I was getting very low FPS with game before the beta. The updated helped with practice flying and some other modes.

I am still having issues with the racing modes with the gates. Getting shutter and very low FPS.

Also I have tried to see console commands but the command "Is" does not work for me.

I am able to use console and use show_fps 1 and 2 and a few other commands but I cant seem to find all the commands.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:56 PM

improved performane

Some performance improvements in the beta version, hopefully we see further performance improvements in the formal update, a good feature would be if RF can interrogate your PC to advise of the most appropriate settings to suit your PC.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to GregB
RF crashes when I input cyrillic symbol (by mistake) in console.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:22 PM

1.00.034 public beta feedback

Shots of my first water landing in RF-X. I can't tell for sure, however the water does not seem to be as buoyant as in RF-7.5. There is much more surface action on what I will call the south Sea Shore and with that in mind, visually it could be misleading.
The plane is Legoman's DC-3 on floats, the CS is mine and has not been posted as yet. It's a Looooong flite to get to the sea shore, an airport editor would have been a blessing!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Legoman's DC-3 On Floats, My CS.jpg (314.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg My 1st Water Landing .jpg (176.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-24-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Medeiros View Post
Someone said that flying away there is possible see a lake. When I fly in Real flight school airpórt it is not possible fly away. All flight is around rf school site. It is not possible to go far away.

How could to lly away from take off runaway?
Hit the "C" key to change cameras and fly in the cockpit or chase mode. Fly a jet to get there faster.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Bird View Post
Shots of my first water landing in RF-X. I can't tell for sure, however the water does not seem to be as buoyant as in RF-7.5. There is much more surface action on what I will call the south Sea Shore and with that in mind, visually it could be misleading.
The plane is Legoman's DC-3 on floats, the CS is mine and has not been posted as yet. It's a Looooong flite to get to the sea shore, an airport editor would have been a blessing!!!!!

What does airport/field have this lake?
Old 11-24-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Medeiros View Post
What does airport/field have this lake?
I think this may be, what you are looking for: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...2&postcount=14
Old 11-24-2016, 04:30 PM

From Flight School turn South, Fly 180 to 205 degrees until you get to South Coast Line. This location is not one of the inland lakes.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Bird View Post
From Flight School turn South, Fly 180 to 205 degrees until you get to South Coast Line. This location is not one of the inland lakes.
How long does it take to get there? I found a large lake about 9 minutes out.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:23 PM

I have not tried the water in the latest update, but in the initial version, water acted like concrete for me. I landed the x29 on it and took off from the water with the wheels. I believe that Jim mentioned that the physics for water wasn't there yet. Maybe it is now, I can tell until I get home on Sunday.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
I have not tried the water in the latest update, but in the initial version, water acted like concrete for me. I landed the x29 on it and took off from the water with the wheels. I believe that Jim mentioned that the physics for water wasn't there yet. Maybe it is now, I can tell until I get home on Sunday.
Yes Jim talked about that I remember it. I wish I had tried to land on the lake I found but I just flew over it and took a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RF-X Lake.jpg (277.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-24-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
I think this may be, what you are looking for: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...2&postcount=14
Yes, thank you. When flying with align trex 500 helicopter, it looks like heli dont go away from rc flight school runaway even heli head is setup to it away from rc flight school. It look like a a RF 7.5 photofield behavior. I will try with a rc plane.

Last edited by Andre Medeiros; 11-24-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: