Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:49 AM

I am liking the water physics. I think that the splashes from the pontoons could be toned down a little. I really thought it was neat to see wave action close to the shore. I also thought it was kind of funny when those waves took out my plane, just like it would have in real life I guess.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:22 PM

The Synergy 766 has some very strange behaviour on the ground when powering up, uncontrolled pirouettes and roll overs, does not seem to initialise correctly on startup sometimes either (RC Ranch). Once in the air it seems fine.

Wright island is a great colourful upgrade, its a shame that the current hardware cannot do it justice in VR, maybe the next round of graphics chips will be up to the task.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:55 PM

can anyone tell me how to enable V-sync?
is there a way to turn Sound on in the replay Log-Book flights? it's completely without Sound, makes no sence.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryX1001 View Post
can anyone tell me how to enable V-sync?
is there a way to turn Sound on in the replay Log-Book flights? it's completely without Sound, makes no sence.
V-sync is in the forums, but here ya go. to enable open the console. alt ctrl ~
then type video_vsync 1 enter
turn it off video_vsync 0 enter

after enable or disable make sure and type video_restart and hit enter.

not sure what you have going on with sound
Old 01-22-2018, 02:15 PM

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?p=283873#post283873

It took 6 hours over 2 days to load this on my PC. Seems like just about all the "ooxoo" files needed to be loaded again as they all popped error messages, some of them 3 or 4 times. The large files went without hitch.
I worked in the Tele Communication industry for 38 years and I can tell you that Internet Access is not the same from state to state or even from county or city to city.
I know that for someone like Legoman, trying to download this will be a absolute nightmare over many days if he can do it at all. This patch is a little much in size and if this is in fact still a RC Simulator the accessibility should be considered if everyone thinks "One Size Fits All' is the way to go for everyone with a computer. Yes you have a group who want everything instantly and for them who are so impatient a download might work however, to sit for 6 hours and keep tapping the try again, this is unacceptable. Not everyone has access to a real high speed internet service.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:26 PM

RF-X version 1.5 is absolutely amazing, colours....scenery...water physics, incredible upgrade and certainly worth the wait.
Even the small details standout, like the lighthouse rotating beam or the detail in the flowers, and the waves rolling in at the beach.
As noted by csgill75, water splashes from pontoons could be reduced.
With "depth of field" enabled in video settings, I notice blur/fuzzy look to objects, for instance, the details in rocks, flowers and other surrounding items lose definition.
First thumbnail for each below is depth of field off, second of each d.o.f on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RFX 1.5 depth of field off tables.jpg (397.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg RFX 1.5 depth of field on tables.jpg (229.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg RFX 1.5 depth of field off sea.jpg (223.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg RFX 1.5 depth of field on sea.jpg (130.9 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by asj5547; 01-22-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaMMeR991 View Post
V-sync is in the forums, but here ya go. to enable open the console. alt ctrl ~
then type video_vsync 1 enter
turn it off video_vsync 0 enter

after enable or disable make sure and type video_restart and hit enter.

not sure what you have going on with sound
thanks.

about the Sound:

when i run a replay out of the recorded log file flights there is no Sound, only Video. tried the M key for Mute but it didn't help, mute on/off makes no difference there.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:16 PM

Have you tried clicking on the screen. (to re-initiate focus on program)

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 01-22-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:22 PM

There is currently no sound playback in flight logs - this was also the case in RF-X 1.0. We expect to add it at some point in the future.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:24 PM

asj5547, thanks for the report on DOF. I would expect background objects to lose focus with that setting on (that's what it's for), but the aircraft should be in focus.

I'm filing a case in our issue tracking system.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Sebens View Post
There is currently no sound playback in flight logs - this was also the case in RF-X 1.0. We expect to add it at some point in the future.
ah ok i see, so there is no Need for me to enable logging then. if i ever want to make a Video of my flights and that is without Sound it doesn't make sense.

btw: flight log replay with heli crashes the Simulator.

flying with a glider in the 2 scenerys where the wind is strong, there is Sound for some reason.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:43 PM

Good data on the heli. Which one were you flying?

I should have been more specific. There is no vehicle sound playback in flight logs.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Sebens View Post
Good data on the heli. Which one were you flying?

I should have been more specific. There is no vehicle sound playback in flight logs.
Scenery: Harbor Dock
Thunder Tiger Raptor 90 G4 FBL
Old 01-22-2018, 07:58 PM

Wow magnificent update ✅✅✅✅✅

This is a massive upgrade.

Just a small upgrade bug as after the install it was saying I needed dx11 when I already have dx12.

I decided to restart after the installation the whole computer and RFX then ran flawlessly.

I run a windows 10 64 with 32g ram, an i7. 6700k overclocked to 4.7 ghz and a gtx 1080 TI extreme edition and 1 tb m2 ssd.

All options on and maxed out and I the graphics are so fluid I didnít even check the FPS yet as there was no point !
Old 01-23-2018, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Thanks everyone for the feedback thus far! We're very glad people seem to be enjoying the update in general. It's obviously a big one! We apologize for the issues with the online update process. We're not sure yet what's causing them. Please note that I updated the original announcement thread to contain the latest information about those issues and how to deal with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbattagi View Post
in the race, the keys to change camera do not work (this was already so in version 1.4)
This is not a bug. Each race is designed to be flown from a specific perspective, so the camera is locked in the chosen mode within that race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbattagi View Post
as I use the simulator in mode 1, I have successfully switched the channels but using the HUD they remain displayed in mode 2
Thank you for pointing that out! I've filed a case in our bug tracking system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelR View Post
The Synergy 766 has some very strange behaviour on the ground when powering up, uncontrolled pirouettes and roll overs, does not seem to initialise correctly on startup sometimes either (RC Ranch). Once in the air it seems fine.
Thanks for this report. We already had a case filed for some of this behavior, but now it should all be covered.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: