Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-24-2018, 06:51 AM

Can we have the same graphics as Acro please

I don't know why but the Graphics in Acro seem much better than RFX, is it a later Graphics Engine in Acro and if it is, can we get RFX on the same level please?
Old 05-24-2018, 07:02 PM

What is Acro?
Old 05-24-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneiderman View Post
What is Acro?
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118
Old 05-24-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellah1z View Post
I don't know why but the Graphics in Acro seem much better than RFX, is it a later Graphics Engine in Acro and if it is, can we get RFX on the same level please?
I think this is the answer you're looking for. I ask what engine it was using and here's the answer I got, it's the same graphics engine and physics engine as RF-X. Now the RF-X beta is a newer version of the graphics engine used in RF-X. I don't think it looks better than the RF-X beta in fact it doesn't look nearly as good to me as the RF-X beta. It is MUCH easier on the graphics card but look at what's being rendered, very little so the demand on the graphics card isn't much. To me the best graphics yet is the RF-X beta. But see this post Jeremy answers your question there.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...30&postcount=6
Old 05-25-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I think this is the answer you're looking for. I ask what engine it was using and here's the answer I got, it's the same graphics engine and physics engine as RF-X. Now the RF-X beta is a newer version of the graphics engine used in RF-X. I don't think it looks better than the RF-X beta in fact it doesn't look nearly as good to me as the RF-X beta. It is MUCH easier on the graphics card but look at what's being rendered, very little so the demand on the graphics card isn't much. To me the best graphics yet is the RF-X beta. But see this post Jeremy answers your question there.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...30&postcount=6
Thanks but in my view I have been doing the races and I just felt it looked better so it may just be a perception thing but then Jeremy did mention it has a precompiled shader package that RFX beta does not have.

"Acro FS is very smooth right out of the gate, thanks to a precompiled shader cache that we supply with the game. "

Maybe that changed my perception as well as the fact it (Acro) is a much more stable program in VR as RFX beta looks good but it always crashes on exit and sometimes takes a couple of tries to RFX beta running.

My comment that Acro looked better was purely in VR as I did not spend long on the flat screen as its just so much better in VR. I am hoping now RFX in VR will be brought to the same standard.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellah1z View Post
Thanks but in my view I have been doing the races and I just felt it looked better so it may just be a perception thing but then Jeremy did mention it has a precompiled shader package that RFX beta does not have.

"Acro FS is very smooth right out of the gate, thanks to a precompiled shader cache that we supply with the game. "

Maybe that changed my perception as well as the fact it (Acro) is a much more stable program in VR as RFX beta looks good but it always crashes on exit and sometimes takes a couple of tries to RFX beta running.

My comment that Acro looked better was purely in VR as I did not spend long on the flat screen as its just so much better in VR. I am hoping now RFX in VR will be brought to the same standard.
Sure no sweat. You can have precompiled shaders in the RF-X beta too you just have to setup some settings, but it takes a while to precompile them realtime but Acro FS has them included in the build. But I have my RF-X beta setup to use the precompiled shaders but they affect the rendering speed not the looks of the sim. I'm glad you like it I've tried it and it is very nice I guess I should try out the racing part but I'm just not a racer.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:04 AM

I agree with Mr B, VR with Acro FS is way smoother and looks better. It really becomes apparent in the racing scenarios. I just wish you could adjust the size of the plane itself. If you could make it ~50-75% its current size it would be a lot easier to squeeze through those darn gates, lol!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: