Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJKimball
Hello Guys! Glad you guys like my airplane! I think it is cool as well. If we get G3.5, what else will we need in the way of add ons, etc to use the python file offered here?

Thanks,

Kevin Kimball

PS, if you are interested in learing more about the python as well as the other special airshow Pitts we are building, let me know through this forum and I will share more info with you.
I know the folks over at QQ's Aircraft Co. have been a bit secretive regarding changes made "to make the Python fly better in competetion"... It would be great if we could get a QQ version simulated in G3.5...

I'm sure any input from Kimball et. al. regarding the flight model and characteristics of Inky's Python model would be VERY welcome.

As was stated, the Python here is an Entire Aircraft, so as long as you're running the current version of G3.5, it ought to work just fine. No add ons needed!

-Case

PS: I hope you also noticed the Foamy version of the Python that got all of this started... seems to be quite a "like-able" aircraft. I know it's quickly becoming my favorite. (Dare I say it's the "ULTIMATE" in aerobatic biplanes? Nah, better not poke at Op too much!)

Last edited by CanCanCase; 01-10-2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I can't comment on the characteristics of the qq python as qq is the only one to fly it so far. He says it has zero coupling in all attitudes and no computer trim is needed to fly it.

Once the airplane is a bit more mainstream, I am sure he will provide some feedback on it so that the sims can be adjusted to match.

Our python, the full size one, now lives in sweden. However, if you have questions on how the full size flies, I may be able to help.

Kevin
www.jimkimballeterprises.com
www.pittsmodel12.com
www.pittspython.com
Old 01-11-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCanCase
(Dare I say it's the "ULTIMATE" in aerobatic biplanes? Nah, better not poke at Op too much!)

Bite thy tongue!

NEVER besmirch the ULTIMATE!

I do have a .40 Pitts though...
Old 01-11-2007, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCanCase
IPS: I hope you also noticed the Foamy version of the Python that got all of this started... seems to be quite a "like-able" aircraft. I know it's quickly becoming my favorite. (Dare I say it's the "ULTIMATE" in aerobatic biplanes? Nah, better not poke at Op too much!)
Thanks for the kudos! I really like the foamy too. I trashed my proto and I need to get my new one flying. Inky did a GREAT job on the sim model. I actually recieved permission from the Kimballs (thank you!!!!) to do the foamy Version, call it the Python, and use the logos. Many hours were spent on the Python logo alone. I haven't had much time to try out the larger version as I've been flying my rear end off this week (we're desperately short of pilots, so it's overtime city) Anyone looking for a pilot job?. Once again, Inky did an outstanding job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJKimball
However, if you have questions on how the full size flies, I may be able to help:
5500+TT, 3000PIC Turbine... Can I fly the next one off the line... Pretty Pleeeeeeeze??? LOL

Tim H.

Last edited by Tim H.; 01-11-2007 at 01:24 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: