Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:01 PM

RF 8 Multimode combat

Are there any combat or other games available in Multimode? The advertising seems to imply that there are but nothing is available in the drop down menus. In older versions, there are posts stating that combat is for multi-user mode only. Still true for RF8? What is available for multimode except just flying around and perhaps formation practice. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:34 PM

A person has to host a Multiplayer session either locally (LAN) or over the internet. They can then select a combat game from the Host Options-Start Game on the dropdown. Others can join and fight. That is how you do combat.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:30 AM

Thanks. Real Flight 8 is an excellent simulator. I was just hoping for more options in Multimode.

I do have RF 7.5 on a laptop and RF 8 on a VR machine. I suppose I could connect them over my LAN, connect one of the video outputs to a larger display, and do the combat with my grandson that way.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensjh View Post
Thanks. Real Flight 8 is an excellent simulator. I was just hoping for more options in Multimode.

I do have RF 7.5 on a laptop and RF 8 on a VR machine. I suppose I could connect them over my LAN, connect one of the video outputs to a larger display, and do the combat with my grandson that way.
Only the same versions of Realflight can connect in any kind of multiplayer environment. You both need to be on either 7.5 or 8.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:46 AM

multiplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Only the same versions of Realflight can connect in any kind of multiplayer environment. You both need to be on either 7.5 or 8.
Is this quote correct: If so shame on you RealFlight
Old 03-14-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightrhpede View Post
Is this quote correct: If so shame on you RealFlight
It's always been this way. Nothing wrong with it as the higher versions have more features than the older versions don't have as well as physics updates. You can have multiple versions installed at the same time so you can fly with people who don't upgrade using a older version of RealFlight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: