Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-20-2019, 04:41 PM

Everything is mapped now that is going to be mapped (I think). I have a final beta av for everyone (even you UT). And the final wording I am going to include with the takeoff instructions. I have changed the top wing a little so if it does not quite line up don't worry.

Quote:
  1. push throttle to full throttle and leave elevator in a neutral position
  2. wait 2 Mississippi. (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi) while the plane accelerates
  3. pull up elevator
  4. climb out and pull the retracts up. keeping the wings level as needed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F3F build pic 45.jpg (147.7 KB, 5 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rfx F3F Public Beta 02 b_AV.RFX (2.21 MB, 6 views)

Last edited by legoman; 05-20-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: fixed the dual rate on elevator
Old 05-20-2019, 05:35 PM

Thank`s Legoman, I just DL`d it, I`ll fly her in a little while. Gotta take care of some stuff first.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:05 PM

I just gave her shot in RF6, everything worked great on the roll out, and then, I hit the elev., and nothing, wouldn`t lift off. I hit the reset, taxied her over and checked the elev., and there`s no response, I then loaded another plane to check it out again, and everything worked fine., Might be a RF6 think,?????:confused
Old 05-20-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
I just gave her shot in RF6, everything worked great on the roll out, and then, I hit the elev., and nothing, wouldn`t lift off. I hit the reset, taxied her over and checked the elev., and there`s no response, I then loaded another plane to check it out again, and everything worked fine., Might be a RF6 think,?????:confused
oops flip the dual rates sorry. my interlink needs new gimbals because they are not centering accurately any more. and the elevator is the main offender
Old 05-20-2019, 07:47 PM

Just grabbed the latest beta, she flies great in RF-8! Nice job Legoman.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
oops flip the dual rates sorry. my interlink needs new gimbals because they are not centering accurately any more. and the elevator is the main offender
OK, flipped the dual rates, problem fixed, fly`s really good in 6.5, BUT, it leads to the question,...... on the first beta, everything is set up normally (what we`re all used too) and everything works just fine. SO, what changes did you make too this current beta,(so that we have too flip the dual rate switch for elev. operation) and why (just asking/curious), when the first beta settings worked fine, ALSO, just out of curiosity, did you try using some of the physics adjustments I mention in an earlier post on the first beta, sorry don`t recall the post#, but it`s not that far back in the thread.. OH, is the dual rates switch necessary for RF8, or, is it just a 6.5 issue for this beta???...........EDIT:, it`s post #118

Last edited by uncle twist; 05-20-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the beta Legoman, the F3F take off is perfect in RF 7.5 but still drops a wing in RF-X, once airborne the F3F fly's great in both simulators.

Here is the throttle-elevator curve mod needed to keep wings level on take off in RF-X, but I prefer physics in F3F beta 01, sure it is more of a challenge to fly but that is what gives the model "character" (more like real life), after all this is a scale model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (194.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-21-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
OK, flipped the dual rates, problem fixed, fly`s really good in 6.5, BUT, it leads to the question,...... on the first beta, everything is set up normally (what we`re all used too) and everything works just fine. SO, what changes did you make too this current beta,(so that we have too flip the dual rate switch for elev. operation) and why (just asking/curious), when the first beta settings worked fine, ALSO, just out of curiosity, did you try using some of the physics adjustments I mention in an earlier post on the first beta, sorry don`t recall the post#, but it`s not that far back in the thread.. OH, is the dual rates switch necessary for RF8, or, is it just a 6.5 issue for this beta???...........EDIT:, it`s post #118
What I changed was more aggressive throttle on takeoff and larger outputs for roll gyro. the elevator issue is my interlink with 50 or 60+ days of flight time in rf8 and the cheap gimbals in the tactic interlink are simply worn out and no long center accurately so I use the dual rates to center the sticks for tuning. And I forgot to reset the dual rates value before posting but it is fixed at this time (with a repost).

As far as what you mentioned in post 118 I tried them and it seemed like the elevator change was to cover up the overdrive on the motor killing a bunch of power and lowering the top speed. and the washout was also compensating for the drop in top speed
Old 05-21-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
Thanks for the beta Legoman, the F3F take off is perfect in RF 7.5 but still drops a wing in RF-X, once airborne the F3F fly's great in both simulators.

Here is the throttle-elevator curve mod needed to keep wings level on take off in RF-X, but I prefer physics in F3F beta 01, sure it is more of a challenge to fly but that is what gives the model "character" (more like real life), after all this is a scale model.
that looks more like a throttle-aileron curve than a throttle-elevator curve. the curve keeps the angle of attack correct for level flight the gyro keeps the wings level
Old 05-21-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
What I changed was more aggressive throttle on takeoff and larger outputs for roll gyro. the elevator issue is my interlink with 50 or 60+ days of flight time in rf8 and the cheap gimbals in the tactic interlink are simply worn out and no long center accurately so I use the dual rates to center the sticks for tuning. And I forgot to reset the dual rates value before posting but it is fixed at this time (with a repost).

As far as what you mentioned in post 118 I tried them and it seemed like the elevator change was to cover up the overdrive on the motor killing a bunch of power and lowering the top speed. and the washout was also compensating for the drop in top speed
You mention a "repost" in this post, are you referring to a repost with the dual rates issue fixed ???, Cause I don`t see one
Old 05-21-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
You mention a "repost" in this post, are you referring to a repost with the dual rates issue fixed ???, Cause I don`t see one
I edited post 136 deleting the old av and replacing it with a fixed AV with the same name
Old 05-21-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I edited post 136 deleting the old av and replacing it with a fixed AV with the same name
OK, that`s what I was thinking, just wanted to double check with you. I`ll DL`d it right after I post this, and give a shot a little later today ....I hope
Old 05-21-2019, 08:05 PM

Took her for a flight, everything worked as it should, roll out was good, went down the runway straight as an arrow, AND, no wing tipping at all. I only had to give it 2 clicks of up elev on the trim for level flight with hands off the TX. I can`t wait to see a CS on this plane,, it will really bring her to life, looking great Legoman, great work as always ,
Old Yesterday, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Everything is mapped now that is going to be mapped (I think). I have a final beta av for everyone (even you UT). And the final wording I am going to include with the takeoff instructions. I have changed the top wing a little so if it does not quite line up don't worry.
I just tried out your new AV it works great here, good stuff I can't wait for the finished plane.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: