Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G4
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 PM

thank you RF

got my heli ready, took it out today for the first time, and guess what, I'm pretty happy with the result, I got it to hover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-E40rOmW5Q

I didn't think I'd come close to this the first time ever flying a heli, but lots of thanks to RF, I did it.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:57 PM

Congrats on your first flight!

I took my Super Cub out for the first time on Monday(picked it up Saturday but the weather has been uncooperative since). Flew pretty well for my first flight, only lost a little chunk of foam from the wing during a "rough" landing in some high grass when my battery died. Training on realflight for a year really helped.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011
Congrats on your first flight!

I took my Super Cub out for the first time on Monday(picked it up Saturday but the weather has been uncooperative since). Flew pretty well for my first flight, only lost a little chunk of foam from the wing during a "rough" landing in some high grass when my battery died. Training on realflight for a year really helped.

congrats to you too,, it's addicting!! can't wait to take it out again.
first flight is a big step, glad you were able to hold your own as well...
Old 04-16-2009, 03:48 PM

I'd like to add to these great experiences also. Started flying for the first time back in Dec 08 using an E-flite Apprentice. Crash a couple of times and each time I few I would get nervous. Bought RF 4.5. Could not fly the plane because of the weather for a couple of months, but spent a lot of time on RF. Went out last Sun for the first time after the layoff and had great flights with no tension at all, thanks to using RF.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bjornke Send a message via MSN to Bjornke Send a message via Yahoo to Bjornke
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10inja
congrats to you too,, it's addicting!! can't wait to take it out again.
first flight is a big step, glad you were able to hold your own as well...
Great job guys! Sadly when I first learned, I learned the hard way. Now i use RealFlight to get better, practice maneuvers before I try them out in real life, and I have to say, I have been practicing heli's now for quite some time, and I am getting better. Maybe after a year or so, I will be able to buy or borrow a heli to fly and see if RF has helped out at all. I think it will, really realistic, has helped me out in every way I used it for so far.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow
I'd like to add to these great experiences also. Started flying for the first time back in Dec 08 using an E-flite Apprentice. Crash a couple of times and each time I few I would get nervous. Bought RF 4.5. Could not fly the plane because of the weather for a couple of months, but spent a lot of time on RF. Went out last Sun for the first time after the layoff and had great flights with no tension at all, thanks to using RF.
That is encouraging news to me Scarecrow. According to the parcel post tracking system my Apprentice should arrive tomorrow or Monday.

Since there are no EFlite Apprentice models on the swap pages I was wondering which models you practiced with? How close were they to your experience with the Apprentice.

So far I have been practicing with all the 4 channel trainers I could find.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirch
That is encouraging news to me Scarecrow. According to the parcel post tracking system my Apprentice should arrive tomorrow or Monday.

Since there are no EFlite Apprentice models on the swap pages I was wondering which models you practiced with? How close were they to your experience with the Apprentice.

So far I have been practicing with all the 4 channel trainers I could find.
Hi kirch,
I started out with the Electristar Trainer. I then went to the Nexstar EP and then to the fuel powered Nexstar. Just practiced with the high wing models until I felt comfortable. Then started flying the low and mid wing planes. As to how close, I think the Electristar would be. But I believe the Apprentice is a bit more agile and more powerful. The Nexstar ep would also come close, but it seems a little faster. The biggest thing that RF did for me was to improve my finger to eye coordination with the transmitter. It also greatly helped with my landings.
Good luck with your Apprentice....you will like the way it flies.

Last edited by Scarecrow; 04-17-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: