Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 11:35 PM

Smile Man its been a while

hey all- i havent had much time to use this awsome proggy

school has kept me busy.. not to mention i had to wipe my whole pc.. but i got bored with lil extra free time..

takin hardware certs and MCSE its a 7 month course.. but down to 9 weeks left.. whoo hoo!! i miss flyin

took like an hour to get everything installed again.. lol

so anyways.. whats new around here?? anything cool?? or am i just gona have to read up on all the fourm chat i missed hehe..
Old 06-21-2005, 06:08 PM

Mostly everyone is getting/has been excited about importing planes into G3. A couple of users have started building models and most of the new threads are based on new models. Good stuff...
Old 06-21-2005, 10:25 PM

thx joe.. wow sounds like some good stuff most defently!!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Breakstuff5050
yea i cant wait, it should be pretty sweet! In case you dont know yet, there has been plenty of paint schemes made for g3, rick delten has a bunch on his site, just go here. www.rickdelten.com
Old 06-23-2005, 11:22 PM

some impressive repaints.. and thx.. appricate the info..

i was tryin to learn how to repaint before the nightmare of school hit..

now my pro paint has expired =( ill have to figure out how to get it again hehe..

anyways thx again..

btw.. ive knowticed airports take much longer to load up now.. is there any

reason for this? not much has changed on my pc.. maybe just a new video driver

but thats about it.. and i got a pretty high end machine.. my only guess is cuse

nothing has loaded yet.. and first time around just might take longer.. but wow

main airport took like 20 mins for some odd reason.. **shrugs**
Old 06-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Which version are you running? That's definitely not normal. Does that happen each time you start up G3? What about when you switch between airports?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas
Which version are you running? That's definitely not normal. Does that happen each time you start up G3? What about when you switch between airports?
Ryan,

Just wanted to say that its also happened to me. Firing up G3 and in the process my cpu seemed to freeze up, but after about 5 minutes it finally loaded up.
I believe that maybe it might have to do with me downloading different aircraft that people posted here in this disscussion board OR it might have been a mustang that I received via email from someone I flew with in multiplayer G3.
Not sure which it was, lost track... But I know for sure that I downloaded and installed the mustang that I received via email.
But... Once G3 loaded, after that anytime I restarted G3 again it loaded in the normal fasion > "quickly".

Adlai

Last edited by Slider; 06-24-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Rick Delten

Whenever my G3 loads slowly I exit the program and delete all the files in the Realflight G3/Temp folder. After that it loads normally again everytime.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Delten
Whenever my G3 loads slowly I exit the program and delete all the files in the Realflight G3/Temp folder. After that it loads normally again everytime.
Rick...Very good info...

I just did what you suggested, fired up G3 again, not absolutely sure but I believe G3 loads up even faster after I deleted the G3 temporary Folder....

Also wanted to add for any possible computer newbies who might not be that familiar on how to get to and delete that temporary folder.

Do this: Click on START then click on RUN then click on BROWSE...then next to LOOK IN: click on the down arrow then click on the hardrive in which you installed G3 ( example> HP_Pavilion [C:] ) <click on it, then double click on PROGRAM FILES then look for and double click on REALFLIGHTG3 then look for and RIGHT mouse click on TEMP then just DELETE.

Thanks Rick,

Adlai
Old 06-27-2005, 01:10 PM

Sounds like what you're experiencing is another manifestation of the tmp-cache bug. Deleting the contents of the Temp folder is a temporary fix for that. The bug will be fixed in the next update.

One reason a "new" airport i.e. one that you got from a friend or online will take a while to load (I have had one legitimately take 4 - 5 minutes) is that the first time you load an object that you have never loaded before the collision mesh for that object is built. So if you've got a whole airport full of objects you've never loaded (or even one large, complex one) it will take a while. Likewise for the aircraft; a new aircraft will build it's collision mesh the first time you select it.

I REALIZE THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE CASE FOR MOST OF YOU SEEING THE TEN-TWENTY MINUTE LOAD TIMES! Just a for-your-information; no need to tell me I don't understand or whatever. The super-long load times are probably a tmp-cache bug that, like I said, will be fixed in the next update.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Breakstuff5050
mine use to stop when loading the objects at a certain # and just stop, but then i just reinstalled it and it worked, but that was before i knew about the tmp-cache bug.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstuff5050
mine use to stop when loading the objects at a certain # and just stop, but then i just reinstalled it and it worked, but that was before i knew about the tmp-cache bug.

yeah i use to have that problem.. like back in feb.. its possible its a cache problem.. but it also could be cuse i have everything on full blast.. clouds .. buildings shadows.. ect.. and yeah it happends between me switchin air ports..

sorry i havent responded to ya guys.. school has me going pretty ruff right now.. all this MCSE nonsence.. active directory .. blech

anyways.. ill have some time this weekend to tinker with the sim.. ill let ya know what i find out..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: