Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Problems connecting for online updates? Read this.

The Launcher from version .410 is now available for direct download. The file is a self-extracting setup that will copy the latest Launcher to the correct location for you.

This version of the Launcher fixes several problems that kept some customers from performing online updates. The problems affected users with a Direcway satellite internet connection and some users inside a network. The usual KEError in this case was 12228.

Of course, if you can't connect for updates in the first place, you can't download the Launcher that will fix your problem, so now you can download it here. Just save it to your local drive somewhere convenient and then run it. You won't need to change any settings during the installation.

When finished, run the Launcher and attempt online registration and updates. Please let us know your results with this version of the Launcher! If you still have problems, please tell us what happens and exactly what error messages you receive.

Last edited by jbourke; 08-16-2006 at 11:07 PM. Reason: corrected url
Old 08-31-2005, 02:31 PM

no problem connecting

I don't have a problem connecting!

I have problem with the size of the down loads, they're too big!

Make them smaller, or make them so you can down load them and then exicute them when you finally have the whole thing so it doesn't corrupt G3 during the down load if the down load fails.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Administrator

blade, I responded to your post in the proper thread. This thread is for discussing a different issue.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:30 PM

Sorry Ryan

I thought that maybe you thought my problem was related to this since you posted this after I made my post. I connect just fine as long as my fire wall is turned off. I had a connection problem when I tried to register and found out then that you can't have your fire wall enabled.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:30 PM

Radeon Graphics

I have the 7500 card, and still get the effects error, was 410 supposed to fix this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke
Our next patch adds support for the Radeon 7500.

There are some limitations (e.g. shadows).

Jim
Old 08-31-2005, 06:51 PM

Cool launchersetup ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas
The Launcher from version .410 is now available for direct download. The file is a self-extracting setup that will copy the latest Launcher to the correct location for you.

This version of the Launcher fixes several problems that kept some customers from performing online updates. The problems affected users with a Direcway satellite internet connection and some users inside a network. The usual KEError in this case was 12228.

Of course, if you can't connect for updates in the first place, you can't download the Launcher that will fix your problem, so now you can download it here. Just save it to your local drive somewhere convenient and then run it. You won't need to change any settings during the installation.

When finished, run the Launcher and attempt online registration and updates. Please let us know your results with this version of the Launcher! If you still have problems, please tell us what happens and exactly what error messages you receive.
I try to run the launcher but get this message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications,
Then down below it said: Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
(16 Bit Windows Subsystem)

Last edited by REDDFERN; 08-31-2005 at 06:57 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 08-31-2005, 07:32 PM

Thumbs up .410 launcher

Ryan
I downloaded the .410 launcher program this afternoon and ran the exe file. It works great! Twenty five minutes later .410 was working on my computer.
I have had great problems downloading on a dialup line. My primary ip is Direcway.

Many many thanks for correcting the satellite problem!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune
Ryan
I downloaded the .410 launcher program this afternoon and ran the exe file. It works great! Twenty five minutes later .410 was working on my computer.
I have had great problems downloading on a dialup line. My primary ip is Direcway.

Many many thanks for correcting the satellite problem!!!!
Excellent news! Thanks for getting back to us with your results.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDFERN
I try to run the launcher but get this message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications,
Then down below it said: Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
(16 Bit Windows Subsystem)
This is a Windows problem. Here are a couple of threads that deal with this topic:

Thread #1
Thread #2
Old 09-02-2005, 11:13 AM

Comments on 410

New member, 1st post...

I've been enjoying G3 for 8 months now. I've had only minor problems, all of which have been addressed online or via phone. Congrats on a great product. As always, $'s saved by learning on a sim far outway the minor difficulties.

I installed v410 yesterday. I thought I'd pass on some observations. I've noticed that all the airports' wind settings are now at zero instead of whatever speed they used to start out at, with the exception of the S.N. Cliff. Also, the wind direction changes direction wildly during flight (even though the wind speed isn't changing). In addition, my computer's mouse cursor seems to lag quite a bit when the photofields, and some of the other airfields are loaded.

These are not serious problems, just ones that may be of use to indicate some other issue that needs to be addressed.

Thanks again...
Old 09-05-2005, 10:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Leyline Send a message via AIM to Leyline Send a message via MSN to Leyline Send a message via Yahoo to Leyline
Update Question

I posted a few days ago but my post is missing...
I have version .387
I do not see .410 when I try to update.
I even downloaded the .410 updater in this thread....
How do I get .410 I cannot connect to my Multi player sessions now because I am "running an older version"
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 PM

Please try uninstalling the software and reinstalling.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:37 AM

not updating

I have just reinstalled my win xp and try to install G3 have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times trying to re registor and update but as yet have not been able to have downloaded the luncher update yet still no help

Thanks
Greg
Old 11-07-2005, 01:43 PM

What happens when you try to register? If you are having problems registering, you should contact Great Planes technical support. http://www.realflight.com/techsupport.html
Old 11-07-2005, 02:16 PM

not connecting

I have already registered when I first got the program at the start of the year I just wont to update it. but can't seam to connect

Thanks
Greg

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: