Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 08:21 PM

2 weeks and no reply? Did you even look at the error msg?

Just currious.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:03 PM

Dave, just so you know, you're not the only one getting that error. I just started getting it. Very strange. I know I tried a week or two ago and didn't get it. I wonder if it is a timing issue or if their server is flakey?
Old 06-02-2006, 04:14 PM

Hey Ryan or whomever,

A machine I use for G3 the most is at work behind a corp firewall that won't allow me to update via the web... and we don't have modem lines inside.

It's a PITA as without a downloadable update the only way to do it is for me to haul my machine home & use my DSL.

Seems like now and then an update will make its way to a downloadable. How come all the updates aren't offered as downloadables? The code isn't much good without an Interlink anyway...

Thanks,

Ted

Last edited by foxflier; 06-05-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_r2ese
Here is the error I get when I try to DL the update.
That's not a G3 error per-se.

It's your proxy firewall which is basically telling you that the client cannot authenticate to the proxy.

You'll need to use something that removes the onus from the applications directly supporting proxies (which for the most part "breaks" a lot of programs and conventions... I bet you have a lot of problems with internet aware software as a result...).

One way would be to tunnel out, a VPN setup, etc, to get past the firewall or to move the TCP handling to an intermediate level, e.g. a socks type arrangement handled by the stack instead of the application...

But this is all I.T. stuff and not really related to G3.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:24 PM

Bad URL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas
The Launcher from version .410 is now available for direct download. The file is a self-extracting setup that will copy the latest Launcher to the correct location for you.

This version of the Launcher fixes several problems that kept some customers from performing online updates. The problems affected users with a Direcway satellite internet connection and some users inside a network. The usual KEError in this case was 12228.

Of course, if you can't connect for updates in the first place, you can't download the Launcher that will fix your problem, so now you can download it here. Just save it to your local drive somewhere convenient and then run it. You won't need to change any settings during the installation.

When finished, run the Launcher and attempt online registration and updates. Please let us know your results with this version of the Launcher! If you still have problems, please tell us what happens and exactly what error messages you receive.
I am reinstalling G3 on my machine (My install disks are v.366). After receiving the 12228 error, I found the link above for a new lancher that's supposed to work. However, I am unable to get to the launcher via the link above. Substituting this for the URL above causes it to work. Is connecting this way going to get me the correct Launcher? Is there a way to get the launcher from the .430 update instead?

Last edited by HighAlpha; 07-17-2006 at 12:44 PM. Reason: unintended formatting
Old 07-18-2006, 03:41 AM

Help

when i try to update I got this error:

KEError 21010: Version check failed: Server response is missing required information.

also sometimes I got same 3 errors that was mentioned in post 17 by (spoons).

My internet connection is wireless(512kb).

I updated this software about 2 months ago, and it updated nicely but today I don't know what to do.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt info.txt (87.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-18-2006, 06:22 AM

At least last night there seem to have been some server problems, see one of the last threads. Don't know if they are up again.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 AM

help me too

I am having the same probs as goldenboy is there a fix

Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to 50%plane Send a message via MSN to 50%plane
I had trouble yesterday as well, but I'm up and hosting right now.

Thucydides
Old 07-18-2006, 01:28 PM

Itīs 5.30pm GMT and I canīt host, I see 4 online sessions with names Iīve never seen and I canīt connect to any of them ?!?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy
when i try to update I got this error:

KEError 21010: Version check failed: Server response is missing required information.
Re-register the software. You'll need to use the same password as when you originally registered. Then it should work for you.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:17 PM

Help!

Only had this since Thursday and fed up with it already

Trying to register and update I get
Keerror 12218 Error reading from socket etc
12228 HTTP response missing expected header
21023 unable to register

I've enabled the launcher and the main program in my firewall program and also tried turning firewall and virus protection all off without result (except exposing my PC to infection/ attack).

I've downloaded and installed the new launcher without result

I've e-mailed support without result

This is an expensive piece of software to be unregisterable and incapable of up upgrade. Looking on this board I'm not alone in having these problems and although the comments about people using their Pc on a network (gasp) or a firewall(two gasps) might have been tenable in 1999 they really don't fly today.

Can anyone throw light on this issue, provide a work aroud to register/download the latest version or do I take it back and warn everyone I know?

B
Old 08-16-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas
The Launcher from version .410 is now available for direct download. The file is a self-extracting setup that will copy the latest Launcher to the correct location for you.

This version of the Launcher fixes several problems that kept some customers from performing online updates. The problems affected users with a Direcway satellite internet connection and some users inside a network. The usual KEError in this case was 12228.

Of course, if you can't connect for updates in the first place, you can't download the Launcher that will fix your problem, so now you can download it here. Just save it to your local drive somewhere convenient and then run it. You won't need to change any settings during the installation.

When finished, run the Launcher and attempt online registration and updates. Please let us know your results with this version of the Launcher! If you still have problems, please tell us what happens and exactly what error messages you receive.
Ryan is there a reason I can never connect to your server? http://12.156.2.54/downloads/LauncherSetup.exe I've tried at different times and it always says server is down on your end.

Can I get this somewhere else?

Thanks,

Ken
kctrading

BTW I use cable internet with the firewall off

Last edited by kctrading; 08-16-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:03 PM

The IP address of the server changed a while back. You should be able to get that same file here.

Travis
Old 08-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Knife Edge Software Owner

I've just updated the URL in the first post. Sorry about that.

Jim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: