Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:44 PM

C++ Runtime Error upon Startup of G3

I have had G3 for a few weeks now, and it has worked perfectly up until today. Now when I startup G3 this pops up. Anyone know how to fix this?
http://img436.imageshack.us/img436/549/rfg3error9tw.png
Attached Files
File Type: txt specs.txt (715 Bytes, 13 views)
Old 10-25-2005, 01:14 PM

The first thing I would try is to restore the default settings. There is a "Restore Defaults" button in the G3 Launcher that does this.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:40 PM

Already did that.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:21 PM

'Runtime Error'

I would call them M-F 9a-8p EST at 217-398-8970, press 1.

I've had this happen twice now. First time it was before v410 when the cache file in the temp folder was an issue. 2nd time was yesterday.

Both times they ran me through several different attempts at fixes, none of which worked. Ultimately they determined that it must be uninstalled (via the Launcher), then reinstalled from the ground up. Oy.

It's a problem they know about though, so if you speak real sweet and smile when you ask they'll send you out a fresh main disc set of v410 as a potential permanent fix. Apparently it's possible that some of us who bought G3 when it first came out last November (v313, I think) may continue to have this problem at random, thus the new disc set.

I'm gonna wait for the new disc set to reinstall. Sure it's a pain, but I've never failed to get knowledgable, friendly help from that number. Despite what a lot of folks write here, they really do seem eager to satisfy their customers.

Last edited by GimbalFan; 10-25-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:03 PM

The above advice is all sound. If you want to try a quick fix, one thing you can try is to delete your "Collision" directory. It contains generated files that RF will generate again when they are found missing.

Also, please follow the directions here so that I can see if it might be something else that's wrong.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhet Stevens
The above advice is all sound. If you want to try a quick fix, one thing you can try is to delete your "Collision" directory. It contains generated files that RF will generate again when they are found missing.

Also, please follow the directions here so that I can see if it might be something else that's wrong.
Oh, I thought I did that, but I had only copied the bit on the initial tech support screen, so here is the full system information. Sorry about that. Here is the full information with the serials taken out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fullsysinfo.txt (106.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-25-2005, 09:26 PM

Japhet, for reference sake the Collision folder deletion didn't work on my particular machine. Thanks anyway.

Looks like I'll have to buy enough nitro for the week 'til the discs arrive. Poor me.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimbalFan
Japhet, for reference sake the Collision folder deletion didn't work on my particular machine. Thanks anyway.

Looks like I'll have to buy enough nitro for the week 'til the discs arrive. Poor me.
Yeah, the Collision folder deletion didnt work on mine either.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:55 PM

Well I'm stumped. I suppose a reinstallation is the best thing for you. Make sure that you don't check "Uninstall Data Files," "Remove Serial Numbers," or "Remove all cached files from the online update." As long as you don't check either of those, the reinstallation shouldn't take too long and you will still have all your custom planes/airports.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: