Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:06 PM

Interlink Plus Controller Problems

Greetings,

This controller worked up until 4 or 5 days ago, when I unplugged it from the system to install the Bayone Extreme.

As per the recommendation offered in another thread, here are my current system settings. Taken from G3 Launcher, Assemble info button.

I have tried everything I can think of short of reinstalling XP, but still the controller becomes an unknown USB device.

The controller does not light up, and unplugging the device removes the unknown device, where plugging it back in brings back the unknown device.

Current USB devices include,

Bayone Extreme, 9 in 1 Memory card reader and 3 Port USB 1.1/2.0 compliant Hub (this plugs into my MotherBoard USB1 and USB2 jumpers),
Cicerio 4 Port 1.1/2.0 USB Hub Plugs into a hardwired 2 port Hub on the motherboard),

Following plug into the 4 Port Hub

LogiTech Cordless Mouse
Hawking Camera,
ADS DVD Xpress
HP 3970 Scanner
InterAct Cyclone Joystick

I have tried the controller here in many combinations including the setup that was working. I have tried direct to the hardwired hub. No Good

Following Plugged into the 3 Port Hub

InterLink Plus Controller (The only USB Device not Working)

I have try disconnecting all devices and plug the Controller in Stand alone and in stand alone applications using both hubs, with the same result, XP does not recognize the device.

Please advise...

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt RealFlight G3-Info.txt (74.8 KB, 113 views)
Old 01-19-2006, 12:50 PM

Does the new hardware wizard screen display?
Old 01-19-2006, 04:08 PM

Interlink Controller Problem

Hey BGMacaw.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the new device wizard does not fire. The controller automatically comes in as an unrecognized device. The USB light on the coller doesn't even light up. When I go in to try and change the driver, the only compatable device listed is the Unknown Device. Do you know if there is a driver I can point this device at? This way I can go in and force a driver.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2006, 08:20 PM

I had the same symptoms, Unknown device, no light on the controller etc...

To get mine to run I had to custom pick a file for the hardware wizard to search to find the HID driver, the file is on your C drive under I386 which is basically your operating system.

After you select I386 the wizard will search it and find the driver, the first thing you will notice is the amber controller light lighting.

You should then be on your way.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:23 PM

You should be able to get the wizard to start up by beginning at "adding new hardware" under the Control Panel.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:46 PM

It sounds like you have a driver insinuating itself into the USB chain.

Cameras are notorious for this.

They install a driver that actively listens for communication from a camera or other video deivce.

When you plug in a new device you get communications problems and the USB device will not get it's device assignments. Even though the device is talking to the computer, the computer can't figure out what it is, and you get the "unknown device".

Try deleting the entire USB hub if possible from the Device manager and reboot.

Also enable "show hidden devices" and REMOVE any device driver which appears greyed out. These are old drivers which windows still has active, for hardware that it currently does not see.

Once you've done this, power down the system and unplug it from the wall outlet.

Hit the "on" button to discharge any remaining power supply current (yes there IS a reason for this...).

Now plug the interlink directly into a port which is NOT shared with another device...

e.g. if you have four ports in the back of the computer, two by two, plug the Interlink into a port that has no other device on the other port.

Unplug all other devices (you can later plug things back in).

Then reconnect the computer and power it back up.

See if the Interlink is recognized now.

Failing all this you may have to reformat to fix the problem...

You have a lot of USB devices, and while they are all supposed to happily work together, the reality is that a lot of drivers and installers don't play "nice".

This is not really an Interlink problem (unless it is somehow damaged, check it on another system...) as the Interlink uses STOCK XP HID drivers.

That's about as generic as you can get.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: