Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-18-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco
Please do not make variants for upload to any server. It is a copyright model and must remain as it is. Thank you.
Whoa partner!

A variant does not include the original plane.

It is only a physics definition.

As such, it's "copyrighted" by the creator of the variant, if anything.

Remember that the variant does not work without the original plane as well.

If someone uploads a "EA" file that may be one thing, but an "AV" file doesn't step on any toes... which is why Knife Edge tolerates them for their own "copyrighted" works.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:15 AM

Thumbs up

Keep em' coming Paul!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:23 AM

That is fine opjose but goes against what I am trying to do. If we put hours of work into a plane to make it look and fly like the real rcmodel and someone wants to make it easier to fly than what is the point of doing it in the first place.

I just don't understand what the big deal is. Anyone can change it for their own personal use.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 AM

Kmot it was my hope and wish to "keep them coming" but if all people want is easy to fly airplanes that have no relation to real life than I might have to rethink my goal.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:38 AM

Paul,

Please don't be put off by someone tinkering with the flight characteristics. I think itís a complement that somebody wants to take the time to tweak it to their taste/flying style as long as they credit you for the orginal.

regards,

Tony
Old 05-18-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco
That is fine opjose but goes against what I am trying to do. If we put hours of work into a plane to make it look and fly like the real rcmodel and someone wants to make it easier to fly than what is the point of doing it in the first place.

I just don't understand what the big deal is. Anyone can change it for their own personal use.
If they do not want to make it fly like the real thing, that's their perogative. You've given them something which is pretty close. If they ruin it, then it's up to them.

That they can post an edited physics file, is a function of G3. Something I would like to remain "open", myself...

If they package the whole thing back up, including their edits and release it as your original plane, you have grounds to be dismayed and upset, as they are working against your efforts.... Then drop that hammer on them!!!

But you are precluding them from doing this anyway, only permitting the downloads from your site and from your posts, so that circumvents this problem.

Now if I fix the physics on the folding wing to work correctly (it does need fixing!) then post it here, does this work against what you are trying to do?

We did this with the Pogo. No one complained then?

There is both good and bad in all of this...

It's funny to see the unrealistic edits, and it does not help when someone else thinks that G3 does a lousy modeling job when they have been playing with a poorly edited plane.

On the other hand, there's that great MX-400 3D model with the lousy flight model included in the add-on.... We fixed that and posted the edit.

In your shoes I would ask that the edits not be included with the original plane AT ALL, and that they be explicitly identified as a "personal" variant.

Maybe we need a seperate section just for "variants" and another for only whole planes... that would keep these things from being confused.

What do you think?
Old 05-18-2006, 11:45 AM

I am thinking--

Ok I am getting a headache.

Last edited by Teisco; 05-18-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:08 PM

Paul, keep them coming! Don't be discourage by variant edits. Your work is the original and we know that and appreciate that.

If someone wants to goof around and add 10 jet engines to your Hellcat, so what? Everyone with half their wits will realize it is a bastardization of the original work and sometimes those goofball edits are fun anyway to play with.

Look at my recordings of your Hellcat. Seriously, would anyone try that on the real model? Not if they have half their wits they wouldn't!!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:46 PM

The trick with the droptank is that you need to be going fairly fast for it to drop off as it is just a very weak fuselage part so if you are flying slow then it will not drop off unless you pull a high G manoeuver.So take off with the 3 pos switch in the middle position and when you have got some speed going then flick the switch either up or down and the tank will drop if you are going fast enough.You can get round this by reducing the strength multiplier for the drop tank,the only problem you will get then is that the drop tank will drop off by itself when pulling loops and other high G manoeuvers so it is set up for the best compromise so as it wont fall off in any manoeuver unless the switch is flicked up or down but you need a reasonable speed to start with.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:56 PM

Don't worry guys, more rcwarbirds coming and you can put 10 rockets on them and paint them pink if you want. But if you want to know how it feels to fly an expensive heavy metal rcwarbird keep it stock.

Watch for InkyOO's great looking and flying B-25 coming out very soon.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:35 PM

Kewl....

Thanks Paul and Inky00, et al.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:08 PM

The whole point of the variants is so that someone can make a plane that flies like another model. There are many different hellcats out there from large scale to small electrics. I for one would love to have a small version like the Alfa ParkFlier Hellcat and I'm sure many others would as well.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:42 PM

can the drop tank be a bomb? if it can it won't work 4 me... any suggestions?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSAVAGE
can the drop tank be a bomb? if it can it won't work 4 me... any suggestions?
The drop tank is merely a part of the fuselage which is set to be very weak.

What inky00 and Paul did was to put an airfoil in front of it, so that the part is not in the virtual airstream.

The switch lets the air flow around the "weak" part, breaking it off.

If you want to have some fun, try making the canopy of any heli, say 2% in strength.

When you load the heli, the canopy drops off and you can fly without it...
Old 05-19-2006, 02:03 PM

I am SOOOOO looking forward to the B-25!!!! I am a big fan of multi-engine aircraft and there is certainly a lack of those so far, so thank you in advance!!!

Keep the great aircraft coming!! You're giving us something for free that we can all appreciate as airplane enthusiasts. Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: