Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 08-20-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky00
Thanks for your nice comments,It makes it all worth the effort.
Yes. Yes it does. lol..........
Old 08-20-2006, 04:56 PM

Smile Navy UFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylo
Anyway, since I've seen some interesting approaches with VTOL I decided to post my version. This version is much more stable through the use of Gyros and AFS. I hope you (or anyone) don' t mind this variant.
lylo
A bit too unrealistic for my personal taste, but it DOES allow the F-14 to do hover-combat with the UFO. Actually, I think the diversity of imagination in this forum is SUPER, and should not be discouraged by personal preferences. Keep the ideas and innovations coming. I, for one, really appreciate them all (I think the flying milk-carton was the only exception, and even THAT showed some creativity that I'm unable to express with my own limited tool set and design capabilities).

After all, no-one forces anyone to KEEP those they don't like ... right?

So, thank you, lylo.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:09 PM

I can't beleive it, you did not like my flying milk carton . Just fooling with you, that was a KE made model, not a user made model.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:31 PM

If I had the money. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
A bit too unrealistic for my personal taste, but it DOES allow the F-14 to do hover-combat with the UFO. Actually, I think the diversity of imagination in this forum is SUPER, and should not be discouraged by personal preferences. Keep the ideas and innovations coming. I, for one, really appreciate them all (I think the flying milk-carton was the only exception, and even THAT showed some creativity that I'm unable to express with my own limited tool set and design capabilities).

After all, no-one forces anyone to KEEP those they don't like ... right?

So, thank you, lylo.
Right.

The F-14 is a great looking aircraft and I used this chassis to proof yet another concept in my head. I'm a tinkerer by nature and G3 gives me this ability without really spending any money. However, If I had the money, I would probably try to build this for real. That is if G3 is simulates the theory accurately.

I could make a hovering flying milk carton next. It may be easier to build for real.

Thanks for the feedback.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: