Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose

All of this is not G3, nor the board/forum's fault, but rather those abysmal default settings which Microsoft provides us.
Not true opjose. They should've just let all the "g3x" files be uploaded as ZIP files in the 1st place, then their would be no problems or confusion.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy
Not true opjose. They should've just let all the "g3x" files be uploaded as ZIP files in the 1st place, then their would be no problems or confusion.
Heh, I doubt it.

If the import files were all suffixed .zip (which they are in effect), then we would have the problem of some people posting erroneous files.... e.g. ones not exported by G3.

So then we would see...

"I can't G3 to import the .ZIP file I downloaded".

"It's not a G3 file, it's a .zip file containing only a .pln3G file.".

And

"Unpack the .ZIP file the zip file contains".

And

"Don't extract the file first".

I think this would only increase the overall newbie confusion... forgetting the suffix renaming problem for the moment.

At least now there is some semblence of differentiation.

e.g. USUALLY .G3X files have been properly created/exported.

The problem with the download is that XP/IE looks at the file header during the download to determine what type of file is being sent, then tries (too hard) to rename it appropriately. This is not the forum software's fault.

If we could disable this on a site by site basis, then all would be well with the world, and Whirled Peas would break out.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:54 PM

Exclamation Oooooh, YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator
Great on Opjose... Very nice version...

I still feel that it flys a bit too easy for a jet, it seems to light. I have added some weight to the parts and it makes it fly really scale.

Try this one... You will need opjose sr-71, this is just a variant of his.
Not that I'm prejudiced toward Predator's or anything, but this edition is just about right for my level of competence. "opjose sr-71" with predator's changes make a slick bird. I can get it off the ground at the WPAFB Museum site, but not before a few yards of grass is behind me. I taxi back behind the runway threshold, on the grass, to let 'er spool up, then turn the throttle gain all the way up, and she lifts about 10 - 15 yards beyond the end of the pavement, but without any noticeable damage to the gear or empennage.

Great blackbird, folks. thanks for sharing with those of us who can't do it for ourselves, for whatever rea$on.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:49 PM

I have now obtained all the various iterations. Windows XP be damned!

Anyway, I like the orange enhanced smoke. Makes it seem a bit like afterburner flames.

I also like the way the heavy version flies, but it seems to have a bit of an aft CG feel to it.

Like most planes I have downloaded, I will also tweak this one to my satisfaction. Like the original version where I increased the strength multiplier and fuel tank capacity, it made for a more satisfactory model flying experience.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:53 PM

Awesome plane Inky!!! Opjose & Predator thanks for the edits!! This is one of the planes I've been looking forward to for a long time!!! Thanks again guys!

Coolhand
Old 06-29-2006, 08:38 PM

I was trying for a "string of pearls" shock wave, but there is no way to set the smoke duration low enough to make it work.

It would have looked pretty cool if I could set the smoke duration to .10 seconds or less.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
Like most planes I have downloaded, I will also tweak this one to my satisfaction. Like the original version where I increased the strength multiplier and fuel tank capacity, it made for a more satisfactory model flying experience.
I prefer to have weaker surfaces, after all you can'y fly a jet at full power, apply suddenly full up elevator and expect nothing to happen. The same thing with landing gears. But htis is just my preference, the nice thing about simulators and edits is that everyone can have the plane to it's needs.

By the way, brakes in my version are in the down elevator stick, as normally used.

Thanks to everyone who likes the edits that we all do, it is really good to know that you guys like them.

Know if someone would do an F-18F Super Hornet...
Old 07-04-2006, 12:36 PM

I have the SR-71 version posted 6/28/2006 by opjuse. All files were deleted first so this is now a clean install. Fun airplane to fly! My question is how do I get the orange smoke (afterburner flames) to work?

Garry
Old 07-04-2006, 02:53 PM

They should come on at full throttle.

Do you normally see the particle effects (smoke) in G3?
Old 07-04-2006, 09:09 PM

That was it. Don't know why particles were turned off but they were.

Thanks,

Garry
Old 07-05-2006, 10:53 PM

Very nice work, everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR-71.jpg (298.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg SR71_Small.jpg (283.5 KB, 59 views)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike

Click on sub albums at right sidebar.

Last edited by r1derbike; 07-05-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: