Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:27 AM

I have mine set to about 1/2 in. back of CG and they will snap, flip, turn, roll, with the best of them, but holding knife edge is almost impossible. I can get mine to do a knife but I am really on the controls. I have been flying both of mine for four years now, as I use them to practice maneuvers I do with my Giant Scale. Much cheaper and not bad to fly. As for the fishtail, well I really think that is a design issue for this plane. I have tried all kind of mixing, and I cannot get the fishtail problem out of this plane. I have tried putting in two degrees of left or right rudder to help stop this and it helps some but still does not stop it completely. Again thanks to all who are working and designing these planes. Your doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:13 PM

"Fish" stick

Actually, I did not find my 60 size stick to have any hunting (fishtail) problems at all. Flew mine with a Saito 100 on it and rudder and elevator servos in the tail. Also setup rudder pull-pull. Plane tracked very well and I taught Basic and Sportsman figures to folks with it.

Also, while knifedge is clearly a challenge, if setup properly, you can KE across the field. You must spend the time to setup for rudder turns and mix out the pitch and roll.

Unfortunately, I lost my stick to a receiver failure, but my thumbs still remember how it flew. i will spend a few hours with this model tonight and let you know what I thing of the original as well as the edit.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:41 PM

I have an Ultra Stik 60! It is a really great plane, lands slower than my Kadet Senior, and of course does a lot more.

I tried to use the G3 sim files contained in this thread, but my Sim says I do not have the airplane that this file is a variant of. I have GG3 with Exp #5 and G3 Exp #1.

What do I need? Any help? Thanks
Old 08-17-2006, 10:47 PM

Make sure you download the first and second of the files contained in the first post of this thread.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efinkg
Make sure you download the first and second of the files contained in the first post of this thread.
Thanks, I did download both, but only imported the second. Will import the first too.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:44 PM

Yes, you will need to do that. The first model includes the 3D model, while the second is only a varient.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:09 AM

Very nice simulation! I really like my Ultra Stik powered with a Webra 61. After working with the simulator I can get a little more brave with the real thing. Your sim modeling is very realistic!
Old 08-20-2006, 10:07 PM

Angry

When I import this plane, its totally grey. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't imagine what.. I've deleted it, re-downloaded and imported, still grey.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aidan Send a message via MSN to Aidan Send a message via Yahoo to Aidan
Smile

Heres my version with a different colour scheme

Aidan,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1156623788.jpg (119.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1156623797.jpg (137.2 KB, 34 views)
Attached Files
File Type: g3x UltraStick_EA.G3X (416.6 KB, 124 views)
Old 09-07-2006, 05:40 PM

I'm glad to see the .60 size color scheme. I was wondering if somebody could do me the favor of putting that scheme onto the quadflap version posted earlier. Plus I'd like to mention that the dividing line between the flaps and aleron on the .60 size scheme (just posted) is not actually between the flap and the aleron, it actually lies just off to the side. But this is the aircraft I've requested a couple times before. Thanks to all who contributed!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:49 PM

Jeff doing this is trivial...

I'm about to give away another "secret"...

Load up the Quadflaps plane and then "Save As" the current scheme under a new name...

E.G. "Yellow scheme" or whatever.

Now go into THIS plane and "Save As" it's scheme using whatever name you want.

Go into the C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Colorscheme directory and find the

"Yellow scheme.tga" file created by the first export.

Also find the second scheme... look at the second scheme's .TGA files name.

Duplicate the first .TGA and rename it to EXACTLY the same name as the second TGA file.... (dependant upon how "skilled" you are in Windows, you may first have to delete the second .TGA file to do this).

Done...

Now go back into G3 and load up the yellow scheme you now have available.

These planes are based upon the same 3D model, you've effectively transferred the colorscheme from one to the other this way...

Experts: Yes I know there are easier ways, such as editing the .colorscheme file directly, but this is for neophytes.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:59 PM

Good model...

Didnt like that the crow flaps were mixed with the throttle...one of my favorite things with my stick so far is crawling in high alpha with the crow flaps out and the power up...

Just a preference though, great model.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the reply, Opjose. I tried to follow your instructions, a couple of different ways, but I could net get the result of the quad flap plane to be yellow. I figured that the two planes were basically the same, and if I was 25 years younger, I would know everything there is to know about RF, editing, creating, etc. I am pretty proficient at computers, otherwise, though. It seems that I'm the person everyone calls when they have computer problems. It just seems overwhelming to create or edit an aircraft. I know that there are several threads to help people out, but it takes more patience then I have left. If I could get it right, would it solve the problem of the posted yellow plane's flap/aleron graphic dividing line being on the control surface itself?
Old 09-08-2006, 06:17 PM

I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Didnt like that the crow flaps were mixed with the throttle...one of my favorite things with my stick so far is crawling in high alpha with the crow flaps out and the power up...
I modeled the radio from the setup I use on my Futaba 9CAP radio. With that radio, crow options are a bit limited unless you use a glider option as the base plane.

When I get home today, I'll tell you what changes you need to make to enable a fixed crow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: