Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-09-2006, 12:23 AM

Thumbs up Blade CP Pro Model

Great Job Remy. I got home from work and put 30 minutes on the E-Flite Blade CP Pro, then loaded your model. The wind was at about 8 MPH and gusty. I adjusted the RealFlight settings to those same values and I could tell almost no difference at all between the RealFlight and the E-Flite. It also saved me a bundle being based on the standard Dominion. I only bought RealFlight for one reason, to practice for my Blade CP.

With the E-Flite ready for the day and RealFlight for the other times, I now find that I can be doing something productive 24/7. ;-)
Old 09-09-2006, 12:58 AM

Thanks

Yer braver than I am, when I walk out the door if I feel more than the tiniest bit of air movement when standing still I turn around

I did some practice in G3 today with the basic CP version I'm working on and it IS interesting to fly in 8mph+ wind. I had it set to 100% direction variation, 8mph and 100% variation, so up to 16mph and any direction, talk about crazy. Not an instant crash but it's not something I'd do with my real one just yet. For comparison, the T-rex is MUCH more stable in those conditions, at least according to the sim. The added size and weight help a lot
Old 09-09-2006, 10:44 PM

great phyics model but u need some to do a real model of a cp would be amazing but still great job on the phyics flies like a cp
Old 09-10-2006, 03:43 AM

Thanks

Which model did you try?

On the issue of the visual, I'm not up to the actual modeling but if someone else is I'm more than happy to work with them. I'm a photographer and can easily get good 3views of a CP with and without canopy as well as any detail shots you need. I might be able to get Pro shots too, but mostly the external differences are just the canopy so...

I can't sleep tonight so I messed around with the color schemes on a heli and managed to do some basic changes to a T-rex variant. I will have to play more but I should be able to make the Blade CP's yellow and the Pro's grey... but the other stuff will still be there. I even put "Blade CP" and "Blade CP Pro" on the ones I messed with.

I've got some time free coming up in a couple days so I'll mess around then.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:26 PM

Color Scheme for CP Pro

Here's a rough color scheme that resembles the CP Pro on the Dominion bodywork. It's not great, I'm bad at this kind of stuff but it's grey, with some blue and with the lettering and stripes and such. When it's zipping by you don't have time to tell the difference anyway :P

I'll do a yellow CP next
Attached Files
File Type: g3x CPP3G_CS.g3x (705.1 KB, 152 views)
Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 PM

Yellow CP CS

Similar to the CPP I did, basically I just removed the "Pro" text and changed the grey to yellow. These are not accurate to the actual model, but at least give us grey and yellow bodies. from any kind of distance you can't tell anyway...
Attached Files
File Type: g3x CP_CS.G3X (688.3 KB, 139 views)
Old 09-11-2006, 03:58 PM

sombody had a nice BCP model but i dont think he ever relaced it but theres pics of what a model could look like if it helps http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13086
Old 09-11-2006, 04:32 PM

RealFlight CP Pro

Cool Remy,

I was going to try making that yellow. I also want to see if I can eliminate the fins on the tail boom.

I was a fixed wing flyer for many years before I ever saw RealFlight, and I have been flying some of the old planes I had. It seems just like I was there again, and can see all the resemblences in the models and the field.

But if I had been flying the simulator and then tried the real thing, I am not so certain that it would seem the same. In fact it may leave me pretty short.

So now I see what people have been saying about the value of RealFlight being in switching back and forth between a real model and a RealFlight model.

I understand that you have a job Remy, but I bet someone could make a big dollar selling that Dominion heli painted up to look like a CP Pro, it amazes me that there isn't one that I have found out there!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:51 PM

Fins

I'm gonna work on that, There's a way to dump them in the editor but I don't recall if they vanish visually or it just stops simulating their effects. I'll check it out later tonight or tomorrow since I'm off of work for the day.

I just got my T-Rex 450XL CDE kit today too, but none of the misc other parts, so I'll probably fiddle with that but mostly just work on sim stuff and flying my blade. I should have bought a fresh pair of blades for the CP but forgot in the excitement of finally picking up my T-Rex. My poor plastic blades are beat to hell and are starting to not track. It was bad enough I actually nearly crashed just hovering due to wobble it would induce at certain rpms. lol, I might just pop the 315mm woodies from the t-Rex on there and see how it does. I'm just hovering so it shouldn't pull too much juice, the plastics are heavier.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to ToodeeP2C Send a message via MSN to ToodeeP2C Send a message via Yahoo to ToodeeP2C
Remyrw, Thanks so much for the work you've put in. I'm not an authority to say what does and doesn't fly like the CP; but in my humble opinion, you can make it more visually appear like the cp with modeling and that's fine. But if you want it to FLY more like the BladeCP you're going to have to model two gremlins into the flight characteristics

Tail-Whip: There's nothing that says "Hi! I'm a blade CP!" like that mysterious 10-to-200 degree tail whip that 'just happens'...
(everyone that's flown a CP knows what I'm talking about...)

And of course

Yo-Yo Bob: That less-mysterious ocillating effect that is a terribly complex combination of head play, head binding & battery current.

If you can put those two in there to occur randomly and with random intensity, it wouldn't matter what the model looked like. Blade CP owners all over the world would honour you.... We might even build you a monument...

But seriously.

Thanks very much. Very good work.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:21 AM

Lol

I don't get that tail whip much inside, but add a touch of airflow... Not much I can do about it in the sim I don't think, though I might try turning down the gyro a lot then reducing the control override to keep the actual control input under control. That might do it for hovering but could get weird the rest of the time.

As for yo yo, lol, no clue how we'd simulate it but darned if it isn't a CP signature. It's not bad with the flat blades if you keep the headspeed up but wow, I put symetricals on and it's up and down up and down. I KNOW my headspeed's ok, any higher and I'd probably be maxing out the engine with the nimh's but it still does it. Ironically it seems to be worse when everything else is in good shape. The more stable I've got it overall the more it seems to yo yo. I'll be in a perfect hover and it'll be bobbing. *shrug* Maybe G3 needs "random physics input" as an option that we can apply to any aspect of the physics on a model.

Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it. I'm still messing with the standard cp but I might just post it as is. It's good, just got a bug or two still being annoying.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:49 PM

Standard CP

Here's the regular CP I've been working on. It SHOULD work just fine now.

I also uploaded a slightly improved CP Pro version. Nothing major, just minor tweaks but if you are downloading new, this is the version of that to get. I'm not sure, but I think the CP Stock should automatically choose the proper color scheme if you have it, but otherwise, you want to download and use the yellow one from a few posts back. That's the best we've got right now. Come on, I know there's a 3d modeler out there who wants to take on this project. I'll send you all the pics you could possibly want of it to work from.
Attached Files
File Type: g3x CP-Stock_AV.G3X (37.5 KB, 313 views)
File Type: g3x CP_Pro-V3-2_AV.g3x (36.2 KB, 328 views)
Old 09-15-2006, 05:03 PM

Climb rate

I was concerned with the slow vertical climb rate on the standard CP until this afternoon. I usually fly inside so I don't floor the throttle, and my outside flights are usually pretty restricted too, since I tend to play it conservative out there.

Well, I did some FFF and circuits today and also some physics tests. Straight up, drop and recover... how much throttle to hold altitude and accelerate forward, that kind of thing. The sim is pretty darned close I think. I'm running symetricals on my real one but with the standard nimh battery and motor, so there isn't a big difference.

I got a real laugh out of how wacky the tail wanted to get outside though, a little breeze and that thing just gives up. I'm looking forward to my T-rex for outside flight.

Luckily for me, when it's time to model my T-rex there are a few visual models already out there I'm not real satisfied with the physics work on any of the actual T-rex variants but the ground work is there already.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:59 PM

Yellow Blade CP design for Dominion

Hi guys,

Here is my Blade CP Pro based on the Dominion, in yellow. Import one of Remy's models (see post #27 above), select that aircraft in RealFlight, then select "Save color scheme" from the menu. Save name as example "YellowCP". Explode the attached zip into your realflight\colorschemes folder then rename it to whatever the name of the color scheme you saved, in this example delete the existing file YellowCP.tga and rename "BladeCPPro.tga" to YellowCP.tga
Attached Files
File Type: zip BladeCPPro.zip (51.4 KB, 219 views)
Old 09-15-2006, 08:58 PM

please get some one to do a 3D model for this. the phyics is amazing no just make it look nice

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: