Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:25 PM

Modified L-39 STOL

Highly modified L-39 for very wide speed range- see description below. I tried to keep this model "semi-realistic" as far as size, weight, strength, etc. I'll post a recording to demonstrate.

Modified L-39 features an STOL (short takeoff and landing) flight mode with thrust-vectored down and gyro-stabilized spoileron roll control for stable slow flight. Also has air brakes and smoke. By Jesse

3-position switch selects flight mode:
up- normal flight
middle- standard flaps
down- STOL
note: also controls dual rates and retracts

left switch:
up - brakes off
down- wheel brakes on and cuts throttle
down AND in STOL mode- adds air brakes

right switch:
up - smoke on
Attached Files
File Type: g3x L39_STOL_AV.G3X (31.2 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by gobbleDgook; 09-16-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 AM

This plane is a kick in the pants to fly. Very cool. Thanks for the work. I might add that your reference for the left switch (STOL, Flaps etc) is reveresed from what I am seeing. The STOL is active in the full up position of the left 3 way, while normal flight is down. Middle position is normal flaps. Nonetheless, this one is cool!

Fangar
Old 09-20-2006, 01:47 AM

Glad you like it Fangar. The 3-pos switch works as described for me. Check your 'controller' -> 'channel mapping...' menu. None of the 'reverse' boxes should be checked. Otherwise check one of the standard models like the E3D- flap mixing model and make sure it works as described.
Jesse
Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbleDgook
Glad you like it Fangar. The 3-pos switch works as described for me. Check your 'controller' -> 'channel mapping...' menu. None of the 'reverse' boxes should be checked. Otherwise check one of the standard models like the E3D- flap mixing model and make sure it works as described.
Jesse

Oopsy. It appears my switch is wired backwards. I checked the E3D and it is backwards! Oh well. At least it works.

I also tweaked the strength values just a smidge too so that you can do a full throttle bank turn without ripping the wings off !

Thanks again for the plane!

Fangar
Old 09-22-2006, 10:41 PM

L-39

I Played With Jesse Some Days Ago And Saw It For The First Time And That Inspired Me To Make My Own Version Wich Took Me A Whole Weekend To Try, I Got It , It Hovers And I Use The Flap Knob To Put All The Mobile Pods Back For Fast Forward Flight, If Only The Engine Had Strentgh Multiplier Because I Land It Hovering Very Softly And The Engine Always Cuts Down Just Like When I Crash
Old 09-23-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVER FREAK
I Played With Jesse Some Days Ago And Saw It For The First Time And That Inspired Me To Make My Own Version Wich Took Me A Whole Weekend To Try, I Got It , It Hovers And I Use The Flap Knob To Put All The Mobile Pods Back For Fast Forward Flight, If Only The Engine Had Strentgh Multiplier Because I Land It Hovering Very Softly And The Engine Always Cuts Down Just Like When I Crash
I also tweaked it to my version. I put in a rolling pod with a thruster that rotates forward with the same flick of the STOL switch. The throttle of that and a 90 degree fixed down thruster I added to the bottom near the midline of the wing is controlled by the flap knob. I can bring mine to a hover and set it down without killing the engive. It also has reverse!

Fangar
Old 09-23-2006, 07:59 PM

I am having so much fun with this plane! Great job gobbleDgook!!!

Would you guy post your edits that enable hovering?? Sound like a new challenge!!

Jim
Old 09-24-2006, 01:07 PM

I got a new version last night that is amazing. I will post up some vids later.

Fangar
Old 10-01-2006, 11:03 AM

hey, can you peeps who have modified it post em up here so we can try them out? i dont really quite understand yet how to modify the a/c files yet so id like to maybe compare two differnt files or more to see what the differences do.

thanks,

adam

Last edited by umdpru; 10-01-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: