Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 09-23-2006, 02:03 AM

Parkflyer P-51 480BL 1000mAh

This is a modified version of the Reno Racer to behave like the Parkflyer P-51D.

Due to lack of specs, I equipped this plane with a 480 Outrunner Brushless motor and a 1000mAh LiPo battery.

Throws, CG and physics are as per specs, or at least as much as I could glean having not actually flown one.

Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parkflyer P-51 480BL.jpg (108.4 KB, 112 views)
Attached Files
File Type: g3x Parkflyer P-51 480 BL_EA.G3X (2.72 MB, 476 views)
Old 09-23-2006, 02:25 AM

nice opjose i had one of these (broke it) it has a smaller motor not outrunner 10.8 volt nimh battery 1000 mah battery and is three channel (no rudder) i could find out the motor size for you if you like as i have the manual in my basement just let me no if you want the specs. very nice job by the way. you were building this for someone if i remember corrrectly.

rickmccourt

Last edited by rickmccourt; 09-23-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:52 AM

The actual Parkzone P-51 uses a brushed 480 motor AFAIK.

There are no specs posted for it on the E-Flight Web page, but plenty for the 480BL.

Granted the 480BL is more powerful especially with the Lipo, but running it at 85% efficiency should give somewhat authentic results.

I may try another variant with the Mabuchi (sp?) 480 motor, but I know that this is much heavier.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:00 AM

ok thats cool just wanted to see if i could help as you have helped me so much though just in case you forgot can you respond to my question titled missing
Old 09-23-2006, 03:02 AM

I'll have a look, I know that I have one pending response I haven't gotten to, so it may be yours... heh...

BTW: Am I any where close in the flight model?

I haven't flown one, so I had to do a lot of hand calcs to get things lined up with what the specs say.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:04 AM

let me download it and see be abck in a moment
Old 09-23-2006, 03:12 AM

yes op very good maybe a tad less elavator throw as this model tends to react fairly slowly in rolls as you have already gotten it to do. and its about the same speed only thing is which i dont know if it is possible to change is that this plane has a bad tendency to fall out or go into a flatspin at to slow an airspeed but everything else is perfect great job.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:15 AM

and yes by the way the 3d setup one was it from nem o thanks alot i had used search from the beggining so it showed all post and still couldnt find it thanks again you know your on here every time i look how many hours a day are you here and can you make it fall out or stall or no
Old 09-23-2006, 04:21 AM

So does the real thing merely drift down instead of stalling out?

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:12 AM

basically it stalls out like a warbird instead of floating down nice and gentle if you lose to much airspeed it starts doin vilent spins downword (kindalike a flatspin) and you really got to turn on the speed to recover it doesnt just tip over and fall you know what i mean it just sorta freaks out forgets its a plane and starts fallin like a rock. kinda hard for me to explain been alittle while since ive flown one but trust me everything else is perfect if you cant fix this no biggie.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:11 PM

If this is attempting to recreate the Parkzone P-51 it is way, way to powerful and fast. If the only change you make is to put a GWS 400 brushed motor it flies more like the Parkzone P-51 on the Lipo but then you need to up it to a 2100mAh lipo as that is the recommended lipo for the plane.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:13 PM

Yeah the 480BL is far too much of an engine for this plane.

There were no specs available for the included engine, so I'll try either the GWS or Mabuchi which is what I believe is being used.

---

BTW: The E-Flite Ultimate FX ends up going to the field EVERY TIME, because I can pack it along with any larger plane I am taking.

Today we had 8-10 mph winds frequently gusting to 18 mph.... the Ultimate did just fine.

From what I can see, I'm getting quite a bit more power out of the motor with the 1800mAh and 2100mAh batteries that I am using with it.

I'm getting the longest run times with the 1800mAh battery.

I believe that this is due to the right balance of weight and power.

I got over 24 minutes continuous flight on a single charge with the 1800mAh battery today. The guys at the field were amazed. I was flying and they were not.

I had it dancing around on the wind, hovering nose straight up perfectly and letting the wind shove it clear accross the runway.

In contrast the 2100mAh batteries only get me about 16 minutes run time. I believe that the increased weight is causing me to run the motor at higher speed.

Lotsa fun.

Last edited by opjose; 09-23-2006 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:30 AM

Yup the Ultimate has been going to the field with me pretty much every trip as well. I know the plane is much more capable than I am but it's always fun to wow people with it's roll rate lol. I too enjoy flying it in 10-15mph winds. It makes flying it a lot more fun.

I think it's time as my number one plane is fast deminishing though. I have a GWS-38 on the way and should be here this week and I've got a XPD-8 coming as well. I don't think I'm a 3D pilot

Now the Parkzone P-51 still comes with me to the field almost every time.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:49 PM

Talking Brushed Parkzone with NiMH pack.

Here's a tweak of opjose's P-51. All I have done is modify the power system, gear ratio, battery, and a the throws a bit to get the P-51 behaving similar to my Parkzone P-51. I think it's still got a touch to much torque but speed is about right on and roll and pitch rate are really close to my real one. Now I only fly on high rates, always run 3/4 to full throttle, and have my throws maximized mechanically so even this one does not fly like a Parkzone P-51 out of the box. It matches mine as close as I could. But they are minor modifications to the version posted above.

I did not change anything else that Opjose did. He does an amazing job scaling aircraft and choosing all of the appropriate physics settings. This plane exhibits a lot of the habits that my real one does.

The Parkzone P-51 is not an "easy" plane to fly but it is certainly a fun one for a parkflier. I've made mine a complete aircraft so you don't have to have the model or opjose's color scheme and stuff. Hope you don't mind.
Attached Files
File Type: g3x Parkzone P-51 Brushed_EA.G3X (2.72 MB, 210 views)
Old 09-24-2006, 06:23 PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Exactly what was missing, the hand of an experienced flyer...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: