Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 10-15-2006, 07:15 PM

40%

This Is A New Av Ive Been Working On Its The Ultimate Scaled Up To A 40 Percent Balenced Out Perfect So It Flys Just Right No Floatyness Here Though It Can Stil Fly A Slow Speeds Any Way Here It Is With Custom Paint And All. :d (EDIT) OH SHOOT FORGOT THE DOWNLOADS LOL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1160954136.jpg (233.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1160856455.jpg (140.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1160954184.jpg (237.7 KB, 38 views)
Attached Files
File Type: g3x 41%scheme_CS.G3X (846.5 KB, 250 views)
File Type: g3x 41%_AV.G3X (42.8 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by rickmccourt; 10-15-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 AM

With all due respect...

The physics on this are pretty screwed up.

You should always strive to get the physics to match the visual model as much as is possible within reason. This should be the starting point.

There is no need to make the kind of rather of changes done in this plane to get a decent flight model.

As it is the way the physics are set up produces behaviour uncharacteristic of a plane this size.

I don't understand why you had to resort to oversized wings and fuselage.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:28 PM

actually op i have really no idea what im doing i made this for a friend of mine who has nothing but 40% planes and said this flew just like some of his anyway this was modeled after the yak that was the only way i could get it to fly right i just copied some of the yaks characteristics why what should i have done because when you inlarge the plane in g3 the whole thing starts bouncing across the screen like you got the wind on strong or somthing. please tell me what i should do next time.

hey the paint is sweet though
Old 10-16-2006, 01:48 PM

I'll fix it and post the changed AV file.

G3 has a problem scaling beyond 200%, but you CAN have your "cake and eat it too" thankfully.

You can scale the physics to 200% and the graphics way beyond this, then adjust the physics to match the graphic model in size, and finally adjust the weights.

It gives you far more accurate representations, as G3 will perform the physics correctly.

---

There was no need to oversize the fuselage. This actually will create an undue amount of lift, even if you were looking for additional drag instead. The lift/drag parameter can be used instead if required, though it rarely is.

If you were attempting to lower wing loading, by increasing the wing size so much, there are much better ways.

With the wide wings you're adversely affecting the plane's response to crosswinds, etc.

This is why it pays to stay within the visual framework as much as is possible...

Not that all exceptions are bad. In some cases completely throwing out the standard ways of doing things are the only way to get accuracy where the G3 code can't handle something... but this should only apply for unusual aircraft.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:34 PM

thanks op

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: