Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbaker
As for the UltraStick, mister, the ding dang thing don't even hover!?!!?!
...let alone do a freakin' loop!

Regards,
Mr. Baker
OK, I think the problem has now been isolated. It's on your end. See how easy that was?

The UltraStick that is posted on the swaps not only hovers, but it loops like it was on rails. Now that you've caused all this hate and discontent, would you like some help to find out what your real problem is?

Most of the people on this forum are pretty nice and I think that they'll still help you.

Last edited by dhk79; 07-07-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 PM

The UltraStick that is posted on the swaps not only hovers, but it loops like it was on rails.

Yup, plane flies very nice on my end.

TN..
Old 07-07-2007, 10:33 PM

Sounds like Mr. Baker needs a re-install of G3.... and then a proper set of updates.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 AM

I thought of a couple more physics design topics - Wing Loading and Power Requirements.

I'll write something up for these and insert them into a previous post, to keep everything in a logical train of thought.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Three new topics have been added; Stall Severity, Power Requirements, and Wing Loading.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 PM

It's a shame that your wonderful tutorial got hijacked, great job! You have put a lot of effort in this. Very helpful.

Just when I thought I was getting a grip on this modeling stuff, comes the physics

This should keep me busy for a while. More learning

Thanks,

Brentg
Old 07-11-2007, 12:15 AM

I know, there's one in every crowd. Besides just being distasteful, he was all wet. Funny that nothing has been heard from him in days. He's probably too ashamed to show his face around here anymore, at least he should be.

I hope that you find the data useful in any case.

Doug
Old 07-11-2007, 12:39 AM

Doug,

I would guess he is one of the few ghost writers we have here that get a new handle and as it was put" stir the poo on the stick" All your planes fly great
Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 AM

Dam!
Am I having fun with RCPF's Interceptor or What ?

I have a new Re-Make of its Physics here, but I want to get it checked out. RCPlaneFUBAR, DHK, OP, And anyone else interested. would you all do me (And RCPF) the honors of giving this thing the once over.... (Maybe even a second over..)

I posted it here because at the moment. I have Channel 1 and 5 with 1point of Up trim to get level power off cruse, but once I apply Full power, I starts a little climb. and as of this Unit # (Unit 5) I have the weights of the wings set to stock on most of them. (I tried a Little variation of Stall Severity, and Am now thinking I should have based it on the wings Deep stall Possibilities due to under portions interfering with a good airflow at higher attacks).

Use your own judgment on how it should fly. IE I'm thinking Precise Aerobatic Extreme Sports Fighter.. PAESF Or jumble that and it would be SAPFE or PESAF
NE WAY lol. What ever with the Acronym.....

This thing has got my Imagination going

PS
Thinking back on Mr. Bakers Post. It May well do us a Benefit If we use it as a reference to the first paragraph in DHK post # 25 re You cant just say its $#!+ and just After that Post. DHK could say. Here is a Perfect Example of what would be classed as Inadequate Information. Then We could all Delete our Posts in the Middle and Make the Thread Clean. (Not the posts after eh ) or just leave it as is ?

Ne way. Reading it has helped. Though it is a Bit to Chew on. but I am Getting there... DHK Well Done. (Though I do See it Developing Further as Time Goes on, just can't think of anything else to add myself )
Attached Files
File Type: g3x Interceptor Core Brawler Unit 5_AV.G3X (25.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX3D014
Though I do See it Developing Further as Time Goes on, just can't think of anything else to add myself
If somebody could add the same type of info for Helis it would be great. I know just about enough of helicopter theory to be dangerous.

Last edited by dhk79; 07-12-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 AM

Helicopter Links

I'm Not worthy. I'm not worthy.

Plus I am a Little Confused lately... Been thinking about the Roll in helicopters in G3 as they increase in airspeed. Busting my nut over this one...

If I did it. It would
a/ take forever
b/ never be finished
c/ be out of order
e/ always be different from one day to the next (Due to second guessing myself)
and lastly
D/ Be not Entirely correct.

Oh. And be filled with an air of disscredability. due to my poor litracy skills and Bad (Atrocious) spelling
Old 07-12-2007, 09:17 AM

The last one I can help with. Get the Google tool bar. It has a good spell checker specifically for info typed into Web pages.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX3D014
I have Channel 1 and 5 with 1point of Up trim to get level power off cruse
Power OFF cruise

In any case, I'll try to look at this tonight. Generally, if you have up-trim to maintain level flight you should move the CG back slightly. If the plane is unstable with moving the CG back and just a little down-thrust.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Banned

Hey dhk79 just wanted to say thanks,my C-130 AV came out great! I followed your multi-section wing instructions and i had 3 main wing sections to the C-130 instead of just one,please take a look at it.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:31 AM

Nice work on the tutorial.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: