Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM

And another:

#1 has a very low-end PC, that he stole from Wal-Mart, and any model with a poly count greater than 4000 or a texture map bigger than 512x512 stutters and jerks. So he gives it a 1.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 PM

And yet another:

#1 flunked out of kindergarten and can't count past 1.

After this free flow of creativity, I expect to see five 1s on all of my aircraft. #1 don't fail me.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:36 PM

I like that one ....flunked out of kindergarten
I would say he does not qualify to be in the kindergarten at all, too hight level for him ..LOL
Do they have special kindergartens around here? ... I am just from different country,I am not ignorant ...

I am sure they will be more explanations later on.
It diverts the context of the thread but as it's all about fun ... so let's have fun

Andrzej
Old 10-04-2007, 12:38 PM

Should I delete the plane from the Swap pages ?

Just kidding ....

Andrzej
Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Yeah, it's all about fun. But let's keep it clean fun.

Maybe we should have another contest to see who could annoy him the most and collect the largest number of 1s? Kind of like a badge of honor.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Maybe we should have another contest to see who could annoy him the most and collect the largest number of 1s? Kind of like a badge of honor.
100% agreed, we need to keep it nice but if we are going to have a contest on the most annoying plane .... count me in That would be interesting to come up with something totally opposite to nice looking, nice flying plane .... I am going to start thinking about that.

What do you guys think ? pplace?

Andrzej
Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 PM

Well i looked and now hes got 2 ones. Maybe its that xptical guy. He got banned yesterday and I'm sure hes created another account already.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Well i looked and now hes got 2 ones. Maybe its that xptical guy. He got banned yesterday and I'm sure hes created another account already.
BigGuyJT,
It does not bother me at all, it's not the first and not the last time ... I know what is the model worth and so others ...

Andrzej
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM

I was going to give it a crap rating until I caught the comment about making sure that you were updated to the latest version. The plane flew like crap until I did, but once I did, I was as impressed with the flying as I was with the fine modelling job. Having had my hands on a SU-27, it has become one of my favorite jet fighters and the model does it justice.

I will buck the trend a little in that I don't like them so big. I bought the sim to be a sim, not a game. Since I doubt I'll ever be able to build a 30% scale SU-27, the model doesn't come out being all that useful to me. In that regard I find a lot of frustration with the models I can download, and wish that I had the talent to contribute models of a more practical size.

That doesn't effect the rating I give this model though. It's a fine model and I'm rating it as such.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I was going to give it a crap rating until I caught the comment about making sure that you were updated to the latest version. The plane flew like crap until I did, but once I did, I was as impressed with the flying as I was with the fine modelling job. Having had my hands on a SU-27, it has become one of my favorite jet fighters and the model does it justice.
Thank you for mentioning it .
I just added a note at the beginning of the description about above problem.
I have experienced the same problem on my friend's computer with older version of G3.5

Quote:
I will buck the trend a little in that I don't like them so big. I bought the sim to be a sim, not a game. Since I doubt I'll ever be able to build a 30% scale SU-27, the model doesn't come out being all that useful to me. In that regard I find a lot of frustration with the models I can download, and wish that I had the talent to contribute models of a more practical size.
I understand, we have all different preferences but you could scale it down if you wanted to using Model Editor.

Quote:
That doesn't effect the rating I give this model though. It's a fine model and I'm rating it as such.
Thank you
Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 PM

Beautiful model Andrzej,
Flies as good as it looks too.
Even more stunning that it was done in gmax, and imported via DOS based converter. You've used your tools very well, certainly should be inspiration for those holding out on creating their own content.

Cheers,
Frank...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:44 PM

Nice!! :d
Old 10-04-2007, 06:26 PM

its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:45 PM

Ensure your G3.5 is updated...!!!

twahl makes a good point... As I also discovered with a couple of dhk79's planes several months ago.

It had been a while, when I got back into flying and I downloaded a couple of his planes -- and they flew badly (but had 10s). So, I figured, it must be with my setup. After updating to the latest version, they all flew GREAT.

So, we need to put more emphasis on: "latest version", system specs, etc. -- as most probably don't think about it and just blame it on bad design.

Also, (like some else mentioned)... In some societies #1 is good and #10 is bad... maybe the 1-voters just can't READ THE INSTRUCTIONS --- or it could be something else .

In any case, glad you're not offended by the occational (stupid) voters. Keep 'em coming --- you'll get 10s from me -- unless, of course, you want to get a bunch of 1s -- just for fun.

v/r, Dave
Old 10-04-2007, 07:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rcplanefubar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk79

Oh no thats not even fair man you just took a huge head start.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: