Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanefubar
Oh no thats not even fair man you just took a huge head start.
But I did keep it clean
Old 10-04-2007, 11:25 PM

For a little more challenge with this model, knock the wings off. It actually flies pretty well with no wings, although it takes a bit of luck to knock them off without trashing the airframe. It'll take off, land, do just about anything...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
For a little more challenge with this model, knock the wings off. It actually flies pretty well with no wings, although it takes a bit of luck to knock them off without trashing the airframe. It'll take off, land, do just about anything...
I actually experienced it too when I was testing my collisionn meshes and it is no surprise , it has large fuselage area and working elevons so ... it keeps flying.
I prefer it with the wings on though ....

Andrzej
Old 10-04-2007, 11:35 PM

Phrank wrote :
Quote:
Even more stunning that it was done in gmax, and imported via DOS based converter. You've used your tools very well, certainly should be inspiration for those holding out on creating their own content.
I would be happy to hear that SU-27 inspired some new modelers

Andrzej
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 PM

Dstreet wrote:
Quote:
So, we need to put more emphasis on: "latest version", system specs, etc. -- as most probably don't think about it and just blame it on bad design.
Dave,
Correct, that's why I added the note in the Description about upgrading to the latest vesion to avoid problems.
Quote:
Also, (like some else mentioned)... In some societies #1 is good and #10 is bad... maybe the 1-voters just can't READ THE INSTRUCTIONS --- or it could be something else .
I also suggested that posibility earlier
Quote:
In any case, glad you're not offended by the occational (stupid) voters. Keep 'em coming --- you'll get 10s from me -- unless, of course, you want to get a bunch of 1s -- just for fun.
That's definitely true, no offense and Yes, create 20 accounts and give me 20 1's
Thanks for sharing comments .
Andrzej
Old 10-05-2007, 12:21 AM

Just in case it's of any interest, here's some pictures of a visiting SU-27 I took at Langley AFB in 1992.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 AM

twahl,
Why didn't you send me these pictures couple months ago?

Just kidding .... nice pictures.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 AM

I know it's not a Sukhoi, but the Mig-29 has a similar shape. Check out this video of an RC one... make sure you watch closely...

http://www.filippo-materazzi.it/seba-mig.wmv
Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Cool Andrzej the great!

I just wanted to say this is one of my favorite planes. Even considering the Russians don't have as much money to invest on such projects as US does, they do come out with pretty damn good designs. That's for sure.

Also, imagine the complexity of the control systems for such a plane. After all, one of the main reasons for this plane being able to pull maneuvers such as the Pugachev's Cobra is attributed to the inherent instability of the design. Of course, the control systems do a number on the "instability", since these very systems allow for a smooth and expected response from the fighter.

In any case, after going on an on about the real thing, we must admit that ARB has done a fabulous job with the modeling, which is supplemented beautifully by the amazing Russian Knights texture, and a flight model that truly keeps as close to the real deal as possible. I can't stop throttling it up for a fast fly-by, only to cut the engines and do another approach flying with air-brakes on and an immensely high AOA. This is an incredibly fun aircraft to fly. Definitely one of the best additions to my collection!

Thank you for this great plane ARB!!!! I gave it a 10!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Thank you for the kind words vikbergg.
I am sure every designer likes to hear their time and effort
was noticed
I wish I had more patience to tweak the physics so Su-27 can perform the Pugachev's cobra maneuver ...
Spending many hours on the design and mapping with DOS based converter and hundreds of identical steps made over and over I just wanted to finish the whole project ...
I am sure there will be some AVs coming up so we can perform great cobras ...

Andrzej
Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 PM

Deserves 10, even without the cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb6591
I wish I had more patience to tweak the physics so Su-27 can perform the Pugachev's cobra maneuver ...
I am sure there will be some AVs coming up so we can perform great cobras ...
Andrzej
Funny, because that's the FIRST maneuver I attempted with this really super model. Couldn't get 'er done, though!
By the way, instead of giving you a ten (10) on this one, I decided to stuff the ballot boxes, so I gave you ten ones (1s). That make sense? (Hope you understand I'm just kidding? )
Someone out there in this forum thinks that way, huh? What a jerk!
I think your work is great, and appreciate each and every upload coming from your direction.
Thanks, Andrzej

Bob
aka
Old 10-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Bob wrote:
Quote:
Funny, because that's the FIRST maneuver I attempted with this really super model. Couldn't get 'er done, though!
Yes, but be patient, we still have AVs coming, it will do a beautiful cobra, it is just the matter of time fine tuning the physics model......

Quote:
By the way, instead of giving you a ten (10) on this one, I decided to stuff the ballot boxes, so I gave you ten ones (1s). That make sense?
Yes, that's what I was thinking when I got these two 1's .... you know math is tough for some people ...
Honestly , what I see is a " If I can not make one, I will destroy the ones other have" kind of attitude ...

Quote:
I think your work is great, and appreciate each and every upload coming from your direction.
Thank you Bob, makes me feel that the time I spent on design was not a waste.

Andrzej
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 PM

Wow!

I am stoked by your SU-27, what a great EA! I enjoy flying it and look forward to your future AVs! I also am a fan of your F-20! What I also really like about the SU-27, is that you made it big scale like alot of the custom jets showing up in europe! Keep setting the bar!!

ven2s
Old 10-05-2007, 10:57 PM

ven2s wrote:
Quote:
I am stoked by your SU-27, what a great EA! I enjoy flying it and look forward to your future AVs! I also am a fan of your F-20! What I also really like about the SU-27, is that you made it big scale like alot of the custom jets showing up in europe! Keep setting the bar!!
Thank you, I am glad you like it.
A little bit on the scale I have chosen ..... I have read in Forums that if you scale plane more than 1.5 it is not realistic anymore ( we know that because someone said you can not scale air .. )
I have never run on what happens when you scale plane down.
At 30% SU-27 has a wing span of 168" ... I haven't heard of anybody building model THAT big so far ...
But when you scale it down 50% you will get the wing span of 84" which is a reasonable size.
This way I could make both "schools" happy, guys who like bigger planes just for plain fun ( I do practice with the real life models on the simulator, for example GP Yak 54 which is the size I have) and guys who want to stick strictly to scale model in real life.
Of course everything is just a matter personal preference and you can not make everybody happy

Cheers

Andrzej
Old 10-06-2007, 12:36 AM

hello,

just wanted to say that the plane is great i like it and since im not posting a lot at all it a good chance to start, btw i do read a lot of post and i wish to thank Doug myself also for helping me few times i needed .

great model man

Hooah

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: