Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip3d
At this point nothing. The question still stands: Does "original content" also apply to alterations in the physics model?
Sounds like you have something specific in mind. What is it? Content from the Internet, other users here, what?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
At this point nothing. The question still stands: Does "original content" also apply to alterations in the physics model?
He did state "PHYSICS" so it is probably an AV.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:19 PM

For some reason I misread that. I thought he was talking about the phsical (3D) model. The swaps are full of AVs.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 PM

The "Rules", if that's what you care to call them, governing the use of "original content" in many instances seem vague. Is there some reason for not considering physics models as "original content" and as such not subject to the guidelines stated in post "1"?

Personally I see no difference between an EA and an AV in this respect.

EA's for the most part are weighted towards the graphics model. AV's towards the physics model.

The bottom line is this: I would prefer to post AV's without displaying the alterations in the "Advanced Properties" of the Aircraft Editor. Is this possible? If not I feel that it should be.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:52 PM

I'm not sure but I don't believe you can block out the modifications you have made.

I believe that the designers also try to get the physics correct, not just the visible when building a EA.

What is so bad about people seeing your modifications?

TN..

Last edited by Norton; 06-26-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:54 PM

I've given flexible permission to upload the B-58 for G3/ G3.5. Since I don't own G3 he would have to import the .kex and setup the physics, create the EA, then he has every right to upload to the swaps without having to go back through me. I don't need to be a baby and get the EA from him to upload to the swaps so that people double-know I created the model.

I think anyone could think this way because once you create the .kex, it's KE's property from that point on. The modeler always deserves to get credit for the model, but if I'm doing something for free to play with in the sim and I let others have the model too, I've lost nothing by giving up control to upload EA's on behalf of me.

I'll let people have my .max, .3ds model too if they want it. Don't PM me though for it. I'll know if I should upload to my jimdo webpage by seeing requests.

Don't let physical inactivity take away your health. It's a hard lesson for those of us with desk jobs, but also for those that work at home from a PC as a second source of income. I'm lucky to still be alive.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 PM

Converting from version to version makes since, that the only way to go backwards to earlier versions.

TN..
Old 06-27-2010, 06:36 AM

The question stands: Does "original content" also apply to alterations in the physics model?

Thoughts on this will vary and for that reason I ask for a response from KE.

Personally I would like to have the option of uploading a model without displaying the "Advanced Properties" be it EA or AV.

This opens a second question: Is this possible?
Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 AM

Advanced Properties is a function of the sim, isn't it? How could a model file disable that?

Quote:
Who's to say thoughts won't vary by people at KE?

I may be different than anyone else following this thread, but I don't understand specifically what you're up to. What if the tables were turned? What if somebody else was asking these questions about your files? Would you be upset? Maybe this is just all about the Golden Rule.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to flexible Send a message via AIM to flexible
AV verses EA

When a change is made to the EA file by Swap Page users, the only changes you can make,is to physics model, and those changes then become an AV. When you get a Kex file from a modeler, in most cases you will get only the standard RF set up. You will then create the physics model, an because it is posted as G3, "the swaps treats that file as an EA, not because you made an EA, but because there is no G3 EA of record to support it being posted as an AV.
An AV does not, an EA make, no matter how you comb you're hair, hold you're mouth, or what words you put on the file when you post it.
Speaking for my self, when I post a Kex/Ea, I have no choice but to make the post as an EA at that time, but then once posted, I edit the name of poster, and change it to the Modeler who created the 3D file, that is the only person who should get credit for an EA (Entire Aircraft).

Wings 3D for dummies
Mapping in Wings 3D for Dummies
Pivots in Max for Dummies
Linking the Hierarchy in Max for Dummies
Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=jeffpn]Advanced Properties is a function of the sim, isn't it? How could a model file disable that?

Don't know and that's why I'm asking. In posting a model would it be possible to give an option of wether or not to display the entire physics properties (original content)?

[QUOTE=jeffpn]Who's to say thoughts won't vary by people at KE?

They most certainly will. Refering to post "1". Guidelines are given, guidelines are accepted. I have no problem with what is in the original post. Just a question as previously stated.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
In posting a model would it be possible to give an option of wether or not to display the entire physics properties (original content)?
What are you trying to hide?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:46 AM

Send a message via ICQ to flexible Send a message via AIM to flexible
"Don't know and that's why I'm asking. In posting a model would it be possible to give an option of wether or not to display the entire physics properties (original content)?"
If the EA physics are not required in order to have the model fly corestly, then just Delete them, and say the AV is all you're work, but if the model needs the EAs edit, then with you hideing the EA modelers work, you are giveing the impression that part of the work is you're work. Bad idea, you don't want to go there!

Wings 3D for dummies
Mapping in Wings 3D for Dummies
Pivots in Max for Dummies
Linking the Hierarchy in Max for Dummies
Old 06-27-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The question stands: Does "original content" also apply to alterations in the physics model?

Personally I would like to have the option of uploading a model without displaying the "Advanced Properties" be it EA or AV.

This opens a second question: Is this possible?
I don't understand why this question is even being discussed

Theres a reason why AV stands for Aircraft Variant. which by definition is an Alternate Physics model
KE "Built in" the option for users to make AVs . not all modelers get the physics model correct and this gives those more familiar with a particular model a chance to do it more accurately .
also not every kit built model is built "to Spec." and allows users to more closely match the physics model to the RW one that they built
or to change it to match the same type of aircraft that may be made by a different mfg. as in this example of your own **SR-71 !
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=8538
the EA 3d model Is OFF LIMITS to being altered by someone else ............AVs are fair game
jeff pn asked "what are you trying to hide"......makes me wonder to ?......not allow Advanced Properties for an uploaded EA???....sorry.......... but you almost sound like "thegibHeelyDelton"..........I MUST BE IN CONTROL
**EDIT err..............Inkys SR-71

Last edited by Maj. Numbskully; 06-27-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:20 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Do I smell fish?

Who knows, KE will be back tomorrow.

TN..

Last edited by Norton; 06-27-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: