Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 AM

new plane needed

How about some one comeing up with a OV-1B Mohawak and a Piper J3 for G3.5
Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 AM

Remember when this thread was not for requests, anyone?
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 PM

That's OK Jeff. None of the designers look here to find requests anyway
Old 10-26-2009, 11:57 AM

Smile Nemesis 52 or Nemesis Graupner ?

Hi everybody !!!

I 'm a new french user or Realflight G 4.5 and patiently i m now able to do my own CS but it s not possible for me to create my loved planes .. ( not for instance ) .

I m the happy owner of a Nemesis 52 from world models and i ' d like to fly it with my simulator and change the CS before doing it on my real plane ...

Can somebody realise it ? I know that it s not easy but these are wonderfull planes

iF this post is nt at the good place, excuse me .

Thanks at all and best regards from Paris !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Graupner Nemesis.jpg (12.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg b9b1_1_bl.JPG (15.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (57.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Delvinco; 10-26-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:25 AM

Smile E-flite Apprentice

Could anyone make this? Here are the specs

Specs
Wingspan: 58 in (1475mm)
Overall Length: 37 in (940mm)
Wing Area: 525 sq in (33.7 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 3335 oz (9101000 g) without battery; 4045 oz (11351275 g) with battery
Motor Size: 15-size brushless outrunner (included)
Radio: 4-channel (required)
Servos: Included
Prop Size: 11x7E (included)
Hardware Included: Yes
Speed Control : E-flite Pro 30A brushless (included)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3200mAh 3S Li-Po battery
Approx. Flying Duration: 1215 minutes
Approx. Assembly Time: 1 hour
Old 11-22-2009, 07:22 AM

Yes, anyone could make that. The software required is free, and many of the modelers here had no prior 3D modeling experience before RF.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 PM

Help

I need help on inserting Images on this thread. Everytime I try to post pictures and 3 views. It goes somewhere and I know not where.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 AM

This thread is not for inserting images. This thread is to let designers know what projects other designers are working on, so they don't duplicate efforts.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 PM

O.K. How do I request Aircraft?
Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 AM

USCG HH-65 Dauphin

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more model heli's!

If someone could create:

HH-65 Dauphin
AH-1 Cobra

It would be greatly appreciated!!!
THX
Old 02-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
You found this thread. Find the one called "Request Aircraft Here." Provide 3 view drawings, along with weights and measurements of the aircraft and it's components. Modelers are lazy, and they want you to do some of the legwork.
If we are so dang lazy then why do we spend days and sometimes weeks on a plane for other people to enjoy. That seems more like dedication and hardwork to me than lazy.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:19 PM

Jeffpn, please remove your lazy comment. I understand where the meaning was pointed but it has upset several of the modelers.

Jeffpn and thegibson,

Please refrain from the banter, I have asked you both. The next step is a ban for a period of time. I would suggest that you both add each other to your ignore list and move on.

Thanks Chris McVey
Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegibson
nice attempt at spin
If you don't mind me budging in:

1. jeffpn can be a very helpful guy at times.
2. thegibson is correct when he makes his comments about "speak for yourself" because most modelers are not lazy.
3. jeffpn has made a plenty number of both useless and disregardable posts that are usually just a few words long.
4. thgibson has done so too, however he does this as a reply to what jaff has said.
5. These forums are open to the public, do not make yourselves look like fools when both of you are very talented.

------

Do as Chris said, add each other to the ignore list and move on. These forums are not meant for fights.

------

I think it is a good idea top have a thread like this, since I do, and will over my time, look here for requests.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
because most modelers are not lazy.
Chris asked me to delete my comment, which I did, but since you are bringing it back up, let me explain: If you look through my posts, I've said countless times that it takes 50-200 hours to build a good model. Obviously, modelers are not lazy. My point is that it is far to easy for somebody to state the name of a model that they want somebody else to create in their spare time, but the requester won't even lift a finger to help a modeler out. There is no reason that a requester cannot find and post 3-views and specifications of the model, so that the modeler does not have to do it. That thought has been pointed out several times by different modelers. So, by calling the modelers lazy, it's a joke, a form of irony. It's the requester who is lazy if he does nothing but grunt the name of a model and expects somebody else to build it. Maybe it was a bad joke that some people didn't get. If so, I'm sorry. I did not make the comment to offend anybody. I've even seen modelers respond to some requests, stating that they have no idea what the requester is asking for, that they've never heard of the model. In that situation, 3-views and other specs would go a long way to get the attention of a modeler. Regardless of whether the modeler is familiar with a model or not, most modelers start with 3-views. If the requester provides 3-views, it shows a real sincerity in the request. I've seen some modelers say that they won't even consider a request that has no 3-views. Why not provide them? It can't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think it is a good idea top have a thread like this, since I do, and will over my time, look here for requests.
This particular thread is actually not for requests. It's for modelers to post current projects, so efforts are not overlapped. Each Designer's Corner has a 'Request Aircraft Here' thread where people make requests.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 PM

I'm still looking for that memo!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: