Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 04:20 PM

Just received an email for delivery confirmation.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:31 AM

Secound Controler Broke today.........! ! ! !

I Bought RF 3.5 in Nov and the First Controler Borke on me after 21 days. I took it back to the Hobbie store I got it from. Tthey said " A lot of times the spring just pops off. " they opend it and said Nope, I is DOA " so they gave me the one off there old 3.5 demo computer because they just upgreaded to 4 . It broke tonight the same way. This time Left and Right instead of Up and down.

I know, I know , Contact support, It is 10:00 at night and I have to work all day tomarrow too, and there not going to be open on the weekend and it is a long one. Man This scares me, I have a Futaba Dx7 on order. Are the same gimbles install on that.

Is there another USB RC controler/joystick that will work with RF ???

I wonder if Futaba Cop know how many people are mad at these cheap
controlers and how many people get truned off on the Futaba brand.

I know , like I read in the other post of broken controlers, you neve hear about people wrighting in and saying, how there controler worked just fine to day with out any problems, But still 21 day for the New out of Box one and 90 day for the used one. I know it Futaba made a Car, and my first two broke I would not buy a third.

VENT ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( steam pressure back to normal ).
Old 02-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkboy999

I Bought RF 3.5 in Nov and the First Controler Borke on me after 21 days. I took it back to the Hobbie store I got it from. Tthey said " A lot of times the spring just pops off. " they opend it and said Nope, I is DOA " so they gave me the one off there old 3.5 demo computer because they just upgreaded to 4 . It broke tonight the same way. This time Left and Right instead of Up and down.

I know, I know , Contact support, It is 10:00 at night and I have to work all day tomarrow too, and there not going to be open on the weekend and it is a long one. Man This scares me, I have a Futaba Dx7 on order. Are the same gimbles install on that.

Is there another USB RC controler/joystick that will work with RF ???

I wonder if Futaba Cop know how many people are mad at these cheap
controlers and how many people get truned off on the Futaba brand.

I know , like I read in the other post of broken controlers, you neve hear about people wrighting in and saying, how there controler worked just fine to day with out any problems, But still 21 day for the New out of Box one and 90 day for the used one. I know it Futaba made a Car, and my first two broke I would not buy a third.

VENT ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( steam pressure back to normal ).
Well you could use your own controller while you wait, just plug up the G3 controller with you're personal controller and you will be all set!

-Blade
Old 02-15-2008, 01:55 PM

I don't think so...

...quote {"I have a Futaba Dx7 on order."} quote

The Dx7 is made by Spektrum ( aka JR ) therefore is not a Futaba. So it can't have the same gimbals. Sorry about your interface problem, but many users have opened up the back and fixed the broken pin with everything from a servo screw to a piece of piano wire and super glue. Good luck, from what I hear it's not that hard of a fix.

Last edited by Jimmy Newton; 02-15-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Add quote.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:36 PM

Question Shipped date is zeroed out.

When I went to Hobby services this morning, I noticed that the shipped date was 00-00-00. What is this? Thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius1
When I went to Hobby services this morning, I noticed that the shipped date was 00-00-00. What is this? Thanks
Maybe a typo?

TN..
Old 02-17-2008, 10:15 AM

Question

When it was received by hobby services, the shipped date said 02-21-08 or 02-23-08. now it's 00-00-00.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
When it was received by hobby services, the shipped date said 02-21-08 or 02-23-08. now it's 00-00-00.
This is a user forum. It's also occasionaly visited by KE personel. I've never seen a GreatPlanes person here, that I know of. My point is that nobody here can give you an accurate answer. You'll have to call tech support, and ask them. They are Great Planes, who are servicing your issue.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:01 PM

Red face Oops.

Oops, it said estimated shipped date. Now I know what my mistake was .
Old 02-22-2008, 03:26 PM

Interlink received.

I just received my interlink joystick, thanks...
Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I just received my interlink joystick, thanks...
So you can play your RealFlight game?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:27 PM

Broke again lol

I didn't know how fragile this piece of equipment is. Surely it is. I was using this while on RFG3.5, and I notice the left stick (again) was jammed to the -1 mark on the interlink (the effect on the elevators was a deflection on a small degree), I tried to fix it myself then #@$% looks like history is trying to repeat itself! Yep same situation different times. Should they reinforce (more protection, can take more knocks and bumps) the controller? I did run it a few times BEFORE it BROKE.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:20 PM

It would be nice if the casing was made of a harder plastic or lightweight metal instead of a chunk of petroleum. I'm just sick of this fragile equipment that breaks after two months.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
It would be nice if the casing was made of a harder plastic or lightweight metal instead of a chunk of petroleum. I'm just sick of this fragile equipment that breaks after two months.
Which would drive the price up another $50.00.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Banned

mobius1, contrary to common belief the Interlink Plus controller is not your typical video game controller. It is, for all intent and purpose, a seven channel Futaba radio and should be treated as such.

If that game controller in your hand cost you $250 you wouldn't be throwing it around, you wouldn't be slamming the sticks side to side or pulling them to one side and letting them go ... you probably would've been shown the proper way to treat your radio when you took you first flying lesson. Treat the Controller like a $250 Futaba radio and it might actually last. It's not a piece of crap and it's not a toy ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: