Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G4
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
jeffpn's Avatar
jeffpn jeffpn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 18,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnofreak
So they give us a free upgrade because we spent 200 on their software and now we have to buy new hardware or else it's not going to work.
I suppose what you say is technically true, but only because an upgrade would not be worth anything if you did not buy the software. However, what you bought is G4.0, You still have 4.0. Your computer with the Intel video was never designed to run 3D apps. Even RF had to do a fix to support that card. But from what KE said, it's too difficult to make 4.5 work on your (and my) computer. So you have a choice; be happy that it does run 4.0, or upgrade your hardware. Don't blame KE for the hardware YOU bought.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 AM
arachnofreak arachnofreak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
I suppose what you say is technically true, but only because an upgrade would not be worth anything if you did not buy the software. However, what you bought is G4.0, You still have 4.0. Your computer with the Intel video was never designed to run 3D apps. Even RF had to do a fix to support that card. But from what KE said, it's too difficult to make 4.5 work on your (and my) computer. So you have a choice; be happy that it does run 4.0, or upgrade your hardware. Don't blame KE for the hardware YOU bought.
A major wide spread error like this should be addressed and not ignored is my only point here. All software designers encounter issues that need to be resolved. I bought 4.0 because it was a major step up from 3.5 which I already owned. My point is 4.5 was released and given for free because of all the known glitches in 4.0. So if 4.5 needs better hardware fix 4.0 and release a fix for it. I have to reset it constantly so I usually don't even bother with it.
I only came to this forum in hopes to resolve this issue and then stated my opinion. But I guess I'm not worthy so I'll go back in my box now.

Last edited by arachnofreak; 12-04-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Josh 0987's Avatar
Josh 0987 Josh 0987 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 610
Send a message via AIM to Josh 0987 Send a message via MSN to Josh 0987
These errors have been addressed. It's just KE does not respond to every little bug.

And by the way, this is a Hardware error! Eek!!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-04-2008, 01:23 PM
jeffpn's Avatar
jeffpn jeffpn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 18,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnofreak
My point is 4.5 was released and given for free because of all the known glitches in 4.0.
KE never told me why they released 4.5 for free. I would like to know your source. I'm not sure what "glitches" in 4.0 you are referring to. It works pretty good for me. It NEVER shuts down on me.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-04-2008, 11:02 PM
ken crane ken crane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
KE never told me why they released 4.5 for free. I would like to know your source. I'm not sure what "glitches" in 4.0 you are referring to. It works pretty good for me. It NEVER shuts down on me.
some of you need to really bang your head or hit the search button to see how many people are having issues. leave this warm fuzzy site and visit rc groups,fg,dod and rcuniverse. the issue is by ke desiging software for gamming and not simulation this problem has occured. i as well have a new lap top that wont run 4.5 due to the shared graphics. it is not nessesery for real flight to have graphics so extensive that it wont run. who the hell decided we needed waterfalls,beaches and pretty mountians. we bought this from its beginning as a sim. i talked at lenghth with ke and thay are starting to understand that it needs to be adressed and is. most of us are not 15 and have the need or want for full on alien or xps gamming machines. my lptop is less than 1 1/2 years old and exceeds all specs except the graphics card and with a lap top we cant adjust those settings. i run 3.5 on my 52 inch plasma and hope i can do the same with 4.5. if not it will have to be ikures or however you spell it. we want a flight sim not some kids game and this is what needs to be adressed by ke.
now for some of you here that seem to spew non-help, get a life your sarcastic comments only help to lower our already jaded feelings towards you. grow up and offer real help or shut up. after my 1 hour discussion with ke they are working on a work around so it WILL run on shared video reguarldess of your personal thoughts. so again some advise. respond to a post if you can be of help otherwise set back and fly instead of running off at the mouth.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Josh 0987's Avatar
Josh 0987 Josh 0987 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 610
Send a message via AIM to Josh 0987 Send a message via MSN to Josh 0987
Looks who's back!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-04-2008, 11:15 PM
jeffpn's Avatar
jeffpn jeffpn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 18,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken crane
after my 1 hour discussion with ke they are working on a work around so it WILL run on shared video reguarldess of your personal thoughts.
I'm not sure why you think I'm making decisions for KE. My personal thoughts have nothing to do with it. I was referring to this post. If you spent an hour on the phone with KE, you probably know who he is. Also, you may want to check your <Shift> key, it seems to be malfunctioning.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Chris McVey's Avatar
Chris McVey Chris McVey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Corvallis Oregon
Posts: 717
If anyone is having issues running the software, they need to contact Tech support. We have a staff of people to help with any issues you might have. 217-398-8970 (Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST.)

We do not ignore any issues brought to our attention. Tech support is part of this process.

Thanks Chris McVey
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-05-2008, 12:29 AM
opjose's Avatar
opjose opjose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Third rocky planet.
Posts: 13,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
I'm not sure why you think I'm making decisions for KE. My personal thoughts have nothing to do with it. I was referring to this post. If you spent an hour on the phone with KE, you probably know who he is. Also, you may want to check your <Shift> key, it seems to be malfunctioning.
Heh...

Those cockroaches ARE hard to squash.
__________________
Quote:
Newbies please click here for important instructions about forum posts: CLICK ME!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-06-2008, 03:03 PM
lrogers lrogers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MObile, Al
Posts: 12
Okay fellows, this has me concerned. I just bought Real Flight 4.5 and all five expansion packs. I haven't installed it yet since my current computer won't support it. I am having a new machine built with the following specs:

processor:
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Motherboard CPU Bundle - AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor 2.50GHz OEM

memory:
Corsair Dual Channel XMS2 4096MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)
Available

video cards - dual:
XFX GeForce 9800 GT - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, (2) Dual Link DVI, HDTV, VGA Support

operating system:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit DSP OEM DVD with SP1

Am I going to have any problems with this?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Josh 0987's Avatar
Josh 0987 Josh 0987 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 610
Send a message via AIM to Josh 0987 Send a message via MSN to Josh 0987
That should be fine but it never hurts to be prepared for the worst!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-06-2008, 03:25 PM
jeffpn's Avatar
jeffpn jeffpn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 18,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrogers
Am I going to have any problems with this?
Only if you drool on it, like I'm doing reading about it!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-07-2008, 03:39 PM
dsbducracer dsbducracer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
I'm in the club now too. 4.5 not working

D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
DXEffect.ccp
Line 836 & 896 Loop

I updated drivers, and am currently using directx 10. I have also tried 9.0c. The G4.0 demo that i had downloaded works fine. When I get the error message while loading G4.5 the screen turns white with with some green text stating I need to calibrate my controller. Everthing freezes up, but I do get some sound between error messages when I try to close the error boxes.
Attached Files
File Type: txt system info.txt (44.0 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-07-2008, 03:51 PM
jeffpn's Avatar
jeffpn jeffpn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 18,386
dsb, your video card is not supported in G4.5. Last I heard (and search my more recent posts for the source), KE has no plans to support low end cards, due to compromising the software.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 PM
dsbducracer dsbducracer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Any video card recommendations?

Do you recommend a certain video card that I could upgrade to? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.