Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:17 AM

All done, it's heading for the swaps. Two days - from start to finish (even with my wife bugging me to do things around the house), a new personal best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image12.jpg (97.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 01-25-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeleycopter
Mine looks like yours. Minus all the normals issues
Say WHAT?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk79
Say WHAT?
Normals Issues, would you like me to point them out them in photoshop?

I commited to this model before (2 weeks before) you did BTW
Old 01-25-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
I commited to this model before (2 weeks before) you did BTW
Not to beat a dead horse, but we've heard that from you many, many times before and yet nothing ever shows up on the swap pages. So I ignored your comment, figuring it was just the usual routine. Sorry about that...

If you need help with normals, just ask. I'm sure someone can assist as it's a pretty simple concept.

Doug
Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not to beat a dead horse, but we've heard that from you many, many times before and yet nothing ever shows up on the swap pages. So I ignored your comment, figuring it was just the usual routine. Sorry about that...

If you need help with normals, just ask. I'm sure someone can assist as it's a pretty simple concept.

Doug
Anyway I made the Escapde (minus the normals issues) for nothing I guess. I will post pics later of dhks model to illustrate..
Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 AM

Awesome job on the bird Doug, and the quickest turnaround yet!

Congrats,
Frank.....
Old 01-25-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Anyway I made the Escapde for nothing I guess.
What's new, since you don't post any work. Stop with the teasing and actually release a model. When you say that you intend to do a model, it would be nice to eventually see the output.

By the way, a "normal issue" usually refers to when the normal of a face is reversed creating a void. There are none on the Escapade, so I still don't know what you are talking about. Plus your comment about "amateur mistakes" on the swaps page is totally useless. Give specifics if you'd like to see a mistake fixed.

Doug
Old 01-25-2009, 03:59 PM

Yeah, that was my thought. I think that your contribution to this community has been pretty much nil at this point so Unless you pony up something worthwhile you are not likely to be taken seriously.

Great job on the plane. I was only able to fly it briefly but I'll give her the full testing when I have the chance. Still working on W7 beta testing.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
What's new, since you don't post any work. Stop with the teasing and actually release a model. When you say that you intend to do a model, it would be nice to eventually see the output.

By the way, a "normal issue" usually refers to when the normal of a face is reversed creating a void. There are none on the Escapade, so I still don't know what you are talking about. Plus your comment about "amateur mistakes" on the swaps page is totally useless. Give specifics if you'd like to see a mistake fixed.

Doug
So I guess I never did THIS

Look at your mesh its a mess, all those things should have been fixed. See all the areas that have funky shadows thats bad also. You paintjob hides some of it but if you look at the second pic you can still see the errors I call normals issues. These are all easy fixes BTW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (68.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Image5.jpg (70.7 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM

Careful dhk79 and willsonman, you'll wind up on his ignore list as I have. And boy, do I ever regret it!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Josh 0987 Send a message via MSN to Josh 0987
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
Careful dhk79 and willsonman, you'll wind up on his ignore list as I have. And boy, do I ever regret it!!!
You're such a tease, Jeff
Old 01-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh 0987
You're such a tease, Jeff
Ignore list is uselesss when the person on it is quoted by another user unfortunately

My complete ignore list>:

jeffpn
Old 01-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Josh 0987 Send a message via MSN to Josh 0987
Quote:
Ignore list is uselesss when the person on it is quoted by another user unfortunately

My complete ignore list>:

jeffpn
Yeah, since you can see what he said with the quote.. Heh.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
So I guess I never did THIS

Look at your mesh its a mess, all those things should have been fixed. See all the areas that have funky shadows thats bad also. You paintjob hides some of it but if you look at the second pic you can still see the errors I call normals issues. These are all easy fixes BTW.
so you built 1 plane (nice model by the way)after it was already modeled, why not finish this one and show us all how it should be done.
the areas showing in your pics are created because the poly in that area is tooooo big, and the surface flashes/oilcans. if it is a slab sided model, it should look like that. this "problem" can be resolved by increasing the poly count in that section, and "smoothing" out the big flat space, but it will not fly any better if you do.
there are many folks out here that could use some tut's on modeling and such, step up and make a difference in our community, be a participant in the education process, and not just another negative nancy.
enjoy
crashed
Old 01-25-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Look at your mesh its a mess, all those things should have been fixed. See all the areas that have funky shadows thats bad also. You paintjob hides some of it but if you look at the second pic you can still see the errors I call normals issues.
LOL... And you expect to be taken seriously. It is blatantly obvious that you have never even looked at the completed model. Those are shots that I myself posted on the forum during the development. The paint job isn't even done and I had yet to do final clean-up. The finished model does not have the 3D distortions.

Those distortions are in 3D rendering, by the way, and have nothing to do with normals. They are a factor of how big the rendered area is and the proximity of other lines in the model.

One joint effort does not make you a modeler of note.

Last edited by dhk79; 01-25-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: