Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G4
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to futuramafreak30
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo_13
that would take the "realism" out of it...
i also would like snow and rain (never flown in snow [only seen it twice in my life] but rain is a different story)
How would that take the realism out of it?
If the prop is fine, you can restart no problem.

I would like more realistic engine sounds.
I wanna hear the "FHWOOMP" the egnine makes when you go from straight and level to hovering.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo_13
that would take the "realism" out of it...
Okay I should have been a bit more specific about what I meant by that. Firstly I meant it would be nice to able to restart engines when the aircraft is stationary on the ground. Also it might be an idea to only have a designated area (in the pits) where you can restart engines. Just like a kind of invisible boundary box object that you can add to airports so that when your aircraft is inside the box and is stationary you can press a key to restart the engine.

Quote:
i also would like snow and rain (never flown in snow [only seen it twice in my life] but rain is a different story)
I have flown in snow twice (once in the dark just to make things a bit more interesting .) I see adding snow as much more of a “nice to have” thing. However if they add rain it’s fairly easy to add snow particles too, the only difference with snow is obviously it gathering on the ground which is much more of a challenge to replicate…
Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
How about a wife sitting in a chair reading a book, randomly nagging you that you've been there long enough?

you mean the one currently in the kitchen nagging at you while your flying RF is not enough heck jest get her a lawn chair and a book less computer resource's needed

Crash! Glue! Repeat!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:35 PM

I would like to see the timer. Since we have a Bergan Intrepid and gasser, how about a turbine?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to maxx2504
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrogers
I would like to see the timer. Since we have a Bergan Intrepid and gasser, how about a turbine?
Maybe there is a Bergen Turbine on it's way...you never know
Old 05-29-2009, 11:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to rcflyer_09
I think anyone owning Realflight G4, or 4.5, should get to upgrade to G5. and not have to buy the whole thing again.

If not I'll buy Phoenix next time.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer_09
I think anyone owning Realflight G4, or 4.5, should get to upgrade to G5. and not have to buy the whole thing again.

Not gonna happen. KE does deserve a paycheck, just like you.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer_09

There is this thing, called "making money" that companies must do to stay afloat....

They've already given you a free upgrade to G4.5 and free add-ons.

Each major revision upgrade has had an associated cost for the end user, but the upgrade price is much lower than what normal purchasers must pay.

It is unrealistic to expect G5 to be a free upgrade, though there are always those who are quick to complain....

And now we get complaints even before the product is announced ( or maybe even being developed )!!!

Last edited by opjose; 05-29-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg.B
Okay I should have been a bit more specific about what I meant by that. Firstly I meant it would be nice to able to restart engines when the aircraft is stationary on the ground. Also it might be an idea to only have a designated area (in the pits) where you can restart engines. Just like a kind of invisible boundary box object that you can add to airports so that when your aircraft is inside the box and is stationary you can press a key to restart the engine.

I have flown in snow twice (once in the dark just to make things a bit more interesting .) I see adding snow as much more of a “nice to have” thing. However if they add rain it’s fairly easy to add snow particles too, the only difference with snow is obviously it gathering on the ground which is much more of a challenge to replicate…

kk i see now about the restart idea

the snow would not be too hard to replicate...
just have a texture (like grass or dirt) but make it snow...every 2 sec (depending on how much snowfall there is) have the density change...this CAN be done now but you would have to change it manually...hmm this is very possible with just a little programming tweak (try 10100110110100100101011101111010 it should work )...i sure hope that knifeedge will try this (not the binary, the snow concept)
Old 05-29-2009, 05:49 PM

Are you out of your minds?

SNOW!!! we don't need no stinkin SNOW
Old 05-30-2009, 08:20 AM

2 things 12oclock

like Greg said...you have never been to England (i havent either but i hear it is just "smashing")

snow and rain would prepare you for many things other than just flying in percepitation...
it would teach you to fly in limited visibility like foggy mornings
Old 05-30-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramafreak30
I would like more realistic engine sounds.
I wanna hear the "FHWOOMP" the egnine makes when you go from straight and level to hovering.
yeah i like the deep "NEAAOWW" sound DA-150's make when they go by at full power
Old 05-30-2009, 09:48 AM

hey apollo 13...
NOT that I have ever done it before...
but you CAN edit your last post
Instead of stringing 2-3 posts behind each other here in the forum....it keeps the tread size to a minimum
Old 06-02-2009, 01:46 AM

MUST have!!!

GET RID OF THE "SPEED LIMIT," JUST TOTALLY DO AWAY WITH HAVING THE PLANE ONLY BE ABLE TO GO UP TO ABOUT 443MPH, I WANT TO GO F A S T E R ! ! ! ! WAY FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would like to see more realistic crashes (e.g. broken props; bent landing gear; torn covering; cracked cowlings and canopies; if you hit your wing on the ground only part of it breaks off but it looks all mangled; if you do a nose-dive your plane will be totally demolished, not just in a few pieces with bulsa "bits" around, but actually the engine, servos, covering, bulsa, landing gear, weals, push rods, receivers, batteries, fuel tanks....etc....; if a turbine powered aircraft crashes it will EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!1 ; all of that cool stuff you actually see, and if you have a mid-air with someone, say someone hits the other person's tail, it will just cut off the tail of the other plane and then the other plane will crash).

I would also like to be able to cut off your ribons or have other people be able to cut off your ribbons (so you can do combat).

It would also be cool if you could edit your own night flight lighes, like choose colors and place them where ever you want on the plane, heli, or whatever you fly.

Those are my ideas, I hope to see them in G5! I currently have G3.5 and I would like to upgrade, but I am going to wait for G5 to come out instead fo getting G4.5, and I really hope to see these things in G5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 06-02-2009, 07:40 AM

From the countless rediculous requests to "do away with the speed limit," I have learned that it is there because physics don't make sense past that. There are problems inherent trying to replicate impossible speeds. Don't worry, though. Eventually, you'll mature, and realize this is a sim, trying to behave like real models do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: