Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G5
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

However, being in the S/W business myself I consider this totally unacceptable. Talk about mickey mouse, I'm tempted to return the product and purchase my second choice.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Funny how many people in the sw business post here. Stick it out, though. It's a good sim.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Funny how many people in the sw business post here. Stick it out, though. It's a good sim.
Thanks.

Question, I just noticed the title to the link you suggested mentions no C: drive.

In fact, I do have a C: drive....what gives?

Thomas
Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 PM

I knew that. I was just trying to find some sort of help for you, and it partially applied to your situation. I was hoping it'd help you, anyway.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I knew that. I was just trying to find some sort of help for you, and it partially applied to your situation. I was hoping it'd help you, anyway.
Thanks...I'll follow the procedure anyway and see what happens.

If it still doesn't work I'll cross my fingures and call their CS group .
Old 01-10-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslambo
If it still doesn't work I'll cross my fingures and call their CS group .
That'll make it tough to dial!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
That'll make it tough to dial!
Ok, I think this may be my bad. My Internet connection was not active while I was attempting to enter the serial number (my son had taken down the link and I didn't notice it was down). I believe this was why the "OK" button was not activated.

Once I brought the Internet link back up and accessed the serial number entry screen again the "OK" button activated automatically.

However, I definitely would have fallen prey to the issue with the "I" vs "1" had I not found this Internet site. The "I" shows up like "l" when printed on the controller label (easily mistaken for the number 1).

FYI, I used the sim for several hours last night and my first impressions are very good.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Actually, an internet connection (or lack thereof) won't have any effect on the ability of the OK button to become enabled once it detects valid serial numbers. It will only affect the outcome of the activation step that happens after you click OK. Even though I'm sure you were very careful when entering the numbers, the likeliest explanation is a mistake somewhere in one of the numbers, and the timing with the Internet connection was just a coincidence.

At any rate, I'm glad you're now up and running!

The whole situation with the "I" is regrettable. Current versions of the software will accept a "13" or even an "l3" (ell) and silently convert it to "I3" to prevent any more users from getting stuck here, but anyone who has the initial release version (5.00.018) still needs to enter "I3" before the serial numbers will be authorized.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:01 AM

Hey guys,

I just received my new copy of G5 today. Everything looks awesome except...

I can't upgrade my version to play on multi. When I try to upgrade, the launcher tells me that my serial number is not authorized and to contact support. Keep in mind I already have G4.5 on my computer upgraded from G4 2 years ago and my original Interlink. Before anyone asks, yes my computer is connected to the internet and I am using my G4 Interlink. Also this is the full version and not the upgrade. (I accidentally backordered the wrong package so now I have an extra Interlink, anyone want one for sale? lol)

What's the problem?

Thank you in advance!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:33 AM

For the middle part of your serial number, did you type an I (eye) or a 1 (one)? It should be an I (Eye). Heck, if you have a second Interlink, use that serial number. Either should work. Otherwise, you'll have to call tech support. Us users can't help you with bad serial numbers. http://knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22007
Old 01-30-2010, 03:03 PM

I actually read the forum here before getting G5 and made sure to input I3. I don't think it can be a serial number problem because then I wouldn't have been able to play the "game" at all. The issue seems to be that the server's not letting me register for updates.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:26 PM

Either the registration server is down, or you have an issue that can only be fixed by tech support.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:28 PM

Yep, looks a call to tech support is in order. I'm sending an e-mail as I write this.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:22 PM

Yak,

Give them a call. They can check the serial for you right there on the phone. It takes seconds. They can manual input your serial numbers and give you a return code key to get you running right then.

Chris McVey
Old 02-28-2010, 03:56 PM

I about had a heart attack when I went to reinstall after rebuilding my system, and part of the SN on the Interlink was wiped off!! And the hang up was I couldn't tell what the number behind the I was, but after researching, I found out it was either a 2 or a 3 - I had been trying to enter a 5!! I have a good commercial labler that the print won't rub off, and immediately put one with the SN for the Interlink on the Interlink AND in the SW box!

Something to think about

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: