Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G5
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3862
I just called on this and the discs aren't currently available. The rep at GP said that they're trying to get the discs pressed as quickly as possible but that for now they don't have them available. He suggested trying to call back between 7 and 10 days to check again for availability.

Mr. Helpful

That's great to hear. I called them also once I figured out what to do and have to say that those guys at KE Software are great. That they are there to take care of us..
Thanks for the response..
Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM

Suggestion for Tech Support...

I would simple suggest that they put the updated software on their server for download since to activate you have to have a valid serial number anyway. That way, no waiting!!

Another suggestion would be to simple burn a disk and mail it to those that contact tech support concerning this issue so that those that have already purchased the new upgrade (like me) can get going ASAP!

Just my 2 cents!

BTW: I do really enjoy the software and these folks make great stuff - I just want to enjoy it before next year!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizkidtn
That way, no waiting!!

so that those that have already purchased the new upgrade (like me) can get going ASAP!

Just my 2 cents!

I just want to enjoy it before next year!

Or, you could build a computer specifically to run RF! You'd be running it tonight! It'd run RF much better, anyway! My last 3 computers I built with the current version of RF in mind.

Just my 2 cents!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
Or, you could build a computer specifically to run RF! You'd be running it tonight! It'd run RF much better, anyway! My last 3 computers I built with the current version of RF in mind.

Just my 2 cents!
Tis' true but I don't have the cash at the moment - what to give me some!!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:52 PM

A fix had been announced, and will be available, but remember, you did buy a square peg, but you have the old round hole. Most of us have the new square hole. The round peg is coming, be patient!

Last edited by jeffpn; 12-03-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
A fix had been announced, and will be available, but remember, you did buy a square peg, but you have the old round hole. Most of us have the new square hole. The round peg is coming, be patient!

I'm sorry, but are we still talking about realflight or should I cover my kid's eyes?

Who is putting a square what in someone's round errm what?
Old 12-03-2009, 06:32 PM

I too have contacted customer support several times to try to get a copy of the .027 replacement disk. Each time I called it was not yet available. That's fine, they can't give me what they don't have. But, they tell me to call back in 7-10 days. Which I have done, several times.. Just a suggestion for customer support. take our information on the first call, and when the disk is available, just ship it out to us. My 2 cents.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 PM

I called again today, the guy I spoke with said they're expecting to have copies available on the 15th.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT SALA
Just a suggestion for customer support. take our information on the first call, and when the disk is available, just ship it out to us.
I don't know why they wouldn't do that. Makes sense to me.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I don't know why they wouldn't do that. Makes sense to me.
Top three reasons why they wouldn't take your name and shipping information on the first call and just send you the disc:

1. It makes sense
2. It makes them responsible to follow up
3. They're bored and would rather deal with inbound calls asking about the fixed install disc
Old 12-07-2009, 01:37 AM

You folks that don't have the previous RF should tell the Techs at GP you don't. They sent me a G4.5 to use till the new version is ready to be mailed out.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:51 PM

g5

i knew it was going to be a big mistake when i upgraded to g5.....too many bugs they didnt fix before they released it.....in a hurry to make massive sales for christmas i guess? im very unimpressed with the whole scenario. so....i have a nice shiny tree ornament that cost me $80.00. waiting..........................
Old 12-08-2009, 02:56 PM

What do you mean, Ed? G5 works very well on my system. What bugs are you referring to that you imply it's worthless?
Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 PM

wont even install..........dont you read the forums?........how many amd processors are out there that this is going to cause problems with? shoulda been tested before release.........my guess is 50% of them will have the issue!!! i run g4.5 without any issues......why now?
Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmoor
wont even install..........dont you read the forums?........how many amd processors are out there that this is going to cause problems with? shoulda been tested before release.........my guess is 50% of them will have the issue!!! i run g4.5 without any issues......why now?
It will only fail to install on fairly antiquated systems which really are below the minimum spec.

But that said KE issued a fix for this issue a few weeks ago.

If you're having a problem give them a call. They will send you the disk with the fixed installer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: