Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G5
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Personally, I would prefer that RF be written with current hardware in mind. When I got G2 many years ago, I had a feeling it would not run on my then-current computer. I tried a new video card, but that idea went up in smoke. Literally. So I built a new computer, designed to make G2 run as well as possible, considering my budget. I'm sorry G5 does not run on your system, but through reading the forums, it's really not that popular of a problem. The solution is coming. Unlike when I bought G2, I had to comply with the software. Your fix will cost you nothing but time.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 PM

reqiurements

i read the box before i opened it......on requirements......i didnt see any problems.....they dont go into FULL detail on requirements do they? what good is the requirements then on the box? im not saying anymore.....i may get banned from here............
Old 12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Administrator

edmoor, if you read back through this entire thread, you'll get a lot more information about the problem and the solution for the problem. In particular, you should read this post and this post.

At this point, Great Planes has received an updated version from us containing the fix, which means there is nothing more we can do. From what other users have posted above you after contacting tech support, it sounds like the disks aren't quite ready to send out to customers, but they will be soon.

Only a small percentage of users will be affected by this bug, which is why nobody detected it until after the product shipped. Of course, if you're one of the unlucky ones, it doesn't matter if it affects 1% or 100% of the other customers. We regret the inconvenience. All we can do is fix the problem now that it is a known issue, and we have done that. Your inability to use G5 is only temporary.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:09 PM

new release

anyone get a new release of the bad g5 disc yet?.......i havent......its friday.....still no word..........
Old 12-11-2009, 06:36 PM

Call them again and tell them you want to leave your name and shipping address if you haven't already done so.

Other than that you're waiting like the rest of us.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:17 PM

I have the .027 version and an AMD Athelon processor and I'm still getting the error when the CD is inserted.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:15 PM

I too just received the updated .027 disk form tech support. Using a Pentium 3 processor and I still have the Blue screen problem when starting the install.......
Old 12-24-2009, 12:40 PM

F Y I
I was finaly able to install the .027 G5 update by restarting my computer in Safe Mode. After the program installed, I restarted the computer again in normal mode, and G5 is now working.... Yes.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:24 PM

Angry Angry customer so they check compatabity..NOT

Just got my gift bummer I have an AMD 2700+ and AMD 2400 neither work so for now my G5 realflight will collect dust hope they are enjoying their holiday. I spent hours on this until I figured out it was an AMD incompatibility issue then I came here and confirmed my finding.

Unfortunately if they can't fix the running of setup.exe I am not very confidant that they can deal with video comparability issues with the CPU's. I don't disagree with a previous post that its better to move forward and forget older systems as it may lead to better products but this should be an upfront an PUBLISHED information for Two reasons (an like the other poster I own G2) 1) I would not have purchased the product for now obviously not great for the company sales 2) Had I known I am sure there is a version of realflight I can run that has much better gravity driven physics than G2 and would have looked to find and buy that until such time as G5 is fixed.

I feel for now they should at least make a past earlier rev available to those of us with this issue!!!! They should also be upfront about what the delay is being caused by see my concern above. If G4.5 works they should give us that at least !!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great holiday everyone here is always helpful I hope that includes those that are working on the issue.

Last edited by hardwork12; 12-24-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:01 PM

Red face G5 I Got mine... now what???

Merry Christmas to me, got my copy of G5, but now what: I've been reading the compatibility threads (I'm running a Sempron 3300+) so I'm aware G5 will crash my system during load... is there a fix on line (ftp site, etc), or will I have to wait even longer to order & receive the .027 fix-disc???

Merry Chrismas 2U@RF
/R
Anxious Dad
Old 12-24-2009, 08:02 PM

DeeDads:
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...74&postcount=7
Old 12-24-2009, 11:26 PM

I assume they know all of the interlink numbers that are valid for G5 interlink controllers and could put up a download ISO file that we can all use a build that accepts any valid G5 controller. So I feel they can do this fix for AMD users as a download file and still maintain the controller as a dongle key. This would solve the customization of each disk issue and more quickly get the new software to us useres with this problem and at the same time get quicker feedback if there are still issues.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork12
This would solve the customization of each disk issue and more quickly get the new software to us useres with this problem and at the same time get quicker feedback if there are still issues.
Yeah, I'm sure they totally overlooked that option.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:15 AM

Talking Yeah I was afraid of that

Guess I'll drop the 'Product Support' staff an email, with follow up call in order to recieve the G5 fix-disc... I've waited this long; I guess a lil longer won't kill me.

Thanks all for all the threads on the matter; at least the forum prep'd me for what I was in store for and what to do to resolve the problem.

Great communications, and hats off to those who've gone before

/R
(Still) Anxious Dad
Old 12-25-2009, 07:15 AM

I think send them your interlink serial number and an address to send it to not sure what else they need.

Don't know why they just don't immediately send all of us dissapointed individuals G4.5 which has been out a while and I don't see posts on this issue and then when fixed ship us an upgrade to G5 once the problem is solidly fixed. This would allow them time to properly test the fixes and get us alll up and running. The only users right now that can download the latest version are those that do not have this issue as they can get at their launchers we can't do that as we need the new release just to install.

IN GENERAL I HOPE 2010 WILL BE A GREAT YEAR AND A HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL ! Including the staff for Realflight G5 they I am sure are not pleased right now either and I sincerely hope they will do good for the customers.

Last edited by hardwork12; 12-25-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: