Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G5
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork12
BTW why are you banging your head against the wall ?
Class?
Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork12
I am getting G5 but can only find a Trex450se here at the forum for the G4.5. Seeing this is a custom I was wondering if the conversion program will work and wonder if anyone has tried this conversion and more expert than me to know if its flying physics is realastic. If not does anyone have a link to a good G5 Trex450.

Realized I have a second question if the above does work I am not upgrading a G4.5 install but installing a new G5 so not sure if the conversion program will work as I don't have G4.5 installed with the TREX450SE

Thank you and Happy Holidays !!!!!
To answer your first question: I have a T-REX 450 SE V2 and the RF (custom build) version of this model has a bit too much power for a stock T-REX 450 SE V2. I've flown mine hard 3D with the highest ESC power settings, 15 tooth pinion, upgraded flybar and flybar paddles and a 35C battery. My T-REX is wicked fast setup like this, but the flight time is greatly reduced and the power is still not unlimited.

Don't get me wrong. The user generated model T-REX 450 SE V2 is awesome and flies great, but the real world T-REX would also need an ESC and motor upgrade to dish out close to matched performance. A few other minor adjustments can be made to the model to closely match the real world T-REX.

To answer your second question: The "upgrade G5" disk is the full version of G5 and installs seperately without interracting with G4 / G4.5 in the least bit. It's only considered an upgrade because it doesn't come with an interlink controller. The migration tool just copies the necessary files over to the G5 folders. I personally used this tool to move all of my custom models and they all still work great. There may have been a few models that acted slightly different in G5--maybe. So far I've noticed nothing drastic with my models which made them unflyable or required necessary changes.

I do have a friend that has an issue with the custom aircraft in G5--they don't work and crashes Realflight when trying to import ones from the swaps. He had to manually bring them over from the G4.5 folders because the migration tool didn't work on his PC the day he upgraded. He has since uninstalled G5 and will re-install it soon and try the tool again.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 AM

4.5 models to 5

Is there a way to upload 4.5 custom models on the swap pages to G5? I tried the migration application & it won't run on my computer using XP (get an error message). I did not upgrade from 4.5, I am starting out with G5. After it successfully uploads the model there is an error when Real Flight creates the DSS file. The G5 uploads work fine, but I would think the 4.5 ones should also work being an older version. That's generally the case. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 AM

The purpose of the migration tool is to transfer custom models from G4.5 to G5. It is useless if you only have G5.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:07 AM

Scott, go to the RF launcher and click Additional otions. Then tech support. You'll see a window that has some specifications of your system. Copy that and paste it here.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Yes you can download and import G4.5 aircraft into G5... there are direction on the download pages and as always on Jeff's banging head forum messages. See it just above... bangs head about 38 million times a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottN3N
Is there a way to upload 4.5 custom models on the swap pages to G5? I tried the migration application & it won't run on my computer using XP (get an error message). I did not upgrade from 4.5, I am starting out with G5. After it successfully uploads the model there is an error when Real Flight creates the DSS file. The G5 uploads work fine, but I would think the 4.5 ones should also work being an older version. That's generally the case. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
Class?
Sister Mary Elephant is not in at the moment.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:13 AM

Hey guys, I tried using the RealFlight Migration tool today, It sat there and ended up Hanging, nothing was moved over. Also, I moved all the files over by hand and now see something really odd. If i try to load ANY "EA" file that was moved over by hand RealFlight G5 errors. I have noticed that if I am in Multi Player and someone loads and aircraft that would normal error me, I instead see an "Invisible plane, Their name tag hangs in the air, and a Trail of smoke along with the orange text that says, "Plane refers to missing component _______" ___ being EVERY part of the plane.

Fly 'em till the rotor comes off!

There is a line between what is normal and what is crazy and I think we all just crossed that line. Yes, we definitely crossed the line with this topic.
It has been a pleasure Posting with you and flying with you guys, after we are all banned forever till we die, we will just have to find something else to do, and in the end Break it!!

-csgill75
Old 01-25-2010, 07:18 AM

I think you did something very wrong.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
I think you did something very wrong.
How do you launch a .exe wrong? or move WHOLE folders wrong?

There is a line between what is normal and what is crazy and I think we all just crossed that line. Yes, we definitely crossed the line with this topic.
It has been a pleasure Posting with you and flying with you guys, after we are all banned forever till we die, we will just have to find something else to do, and in the end Break it!!

-csgill75
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Moo!
How do you move WHOLE folders wrong?
Because you can't move without also editing each and every file. All those file contain pointers to other files and locations. The migration tool will do that for you, but if you do it yourself, you have to DO IT YOURSELF. And that means do it all yourself before you can expect it to work.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk79
Because you can't move without also editing each and every file. All those file contain pointers to other files and locations. The migration tool will do that for you, but if you do it yourself, you have to DO IT YOURSELF. And that means do it all yourself before you can expect it to work.
Oh joy, and I get nothing but lock up's and the Migration tool closing itself without moving stuff over every time I try to run it....

-csgill75
Old 01-25-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Moo!
Oh joy, and I get nothing but lock up's and the Migration tool closing itself without moving stuff over every time I try to run it....
I have a thought. Maybe try disabling any anti-virus software and any other monitoring software on your PC. Remember the other day I was telling you how long it took me to install my printer on my machine (about an hour and a half). It didn't install correctly either and then I found out there was still one ainti-virus thing hiding in the background tasks. After I disabled it I reinstalled the printer software in about 5 minutes.

I don't know if this will help you man, but it's sure worth a shot. If it turns out this doesn't work, then it's a sure way to do some spring cleaning on your custom content files. Which ones are REALLY worth keeping more than others?

Later,

Matt

Don't let physical inactivity take away your health. It's a hard lesson for those of us with desk jobs, but also for those that work at home from a PC as a second source of income. I'm lucky to still be alive.

Last edited by mwilson914; 01-25-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 AM

How does Migration Tool do it's job?

I tried the Migration Tool and it just sat there and hung. I'm running Windows 7, but I have installed G4.5 and G5 in non-standard directories (d:\Program Files\RealflightG4 and d:\Program Files\RealflightG5). Does the migration tool assume that the programs are installed in c:\Program Files (x86)\RealflightG4, etc.?

I see all of the files in:

d:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data\
and
d:\Program Files\RealFlightG5\Data\
and
c:\Users\rpederso.ENGR\Documents\RealFlight G4\Cache\Data\
and
c:\Users\rpederso.ENGR\Documents\RealFlight G5\Cache\Data\

but I don't know exactly what the migration tool is trying to do, which files it is copying, which files is it trying to modify, ...

Could I get blow-by-blow instructions on how to migrate one custom aircraft manually? If I knew what had to be done, I might be able to write a script to do it for all of my planes.

Thanks in advance -
Old 01-26-2010, 10:23 AM

Just batch import your original swap page EA files into G5, followed by your AV and CS files. If you've tweaked the EA files yourself, export an EA from G4.5, and import it into G5. You can import multiple files at once, but do the EAs first.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: