Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to flexible Send a message via AIM to flexible
When I was testing JAYJAY, I droped a load of eggs, hehe, then flue back and ran into them, makeing them move. Both objects must have COLL are it does not work.

Wings 3D for dummies
Mapping in Wings 3D for Dummies
Pivots in Max for Dummies
Linking the Hierarchy in Max for Dummies
Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible
When I was testing JAYJAY, I droped a load of eggs, hehe, then flue back and ran into them, makeing them move. Both objects must have COLL are it does not work.
The sign at Joes Garage does move if you bump it with the canopy or the skids. I just haven't practiced enough to get a skid hooked under it yet but i'll get it. Flexible, I love your idea about the retractable hook at this point to be able to have clearance for landings and takeoffs. Jeff and I discussed it on the phone and it's my understanding that design would have to be incorporated into and part of the EA. So to test it out it may take the help of someone who has already created a heli who took an interest in the experiment. If it works and we create a
few new toys to play with it could turn out to be a pretty popular download on the swaps some day. It wouldn't need to be anything too sophisticated at this point. It seems like it could be very easily done to my real T-rex 450 just by attaching a hook to the horn on a servo programed to a switch or dial on the radio. When you flip the switch it retracts back towards the boom out of the way. So easy a cave man could move freight

Last edited by td9cowboy; 05-10-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9cowboy
I've in fact started a little testing of my own. I've spent a pretty good little bit of time trying to hook a skid under the top of the interactive sign at Joes garage to see if I can pick up one side and maybe turn it over. It's pretty challenging even in chase view. The sign is large in scale for even a trex 600 size heli and KE probably gave it some weight so it wouldn't blow around but the interactive objects seem like the right place to look for something to be moved. Back at it! I need a hook right below the main shaft and a scaled down sign. Phrank?
Maybe you should try plucking the light windsock off of the pole. Oh nooo!!!!! This object was made with strength multiplier set at the dreaded unbreakable and indestructible FIFTEEN ZERO ZERO setting. Bwaaa ha ha ha haaaaaaaa. Now your heli is owned and hanging like a tether-ball.

Don't let physical inactivity take away your health. It's a hard lesson for those of us with desk jobs, but also for those that work at home from a PC as a second source of income. I'm lucky to still be alive.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:08 PM

Ya but the easy button will fix all that pretty quick on the sim
Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 PM

My dream of doing air drops from a RC C-130 could be realized from this very thread. I gotta get cracking on this Air Crane. If one of you guys want, I can get the overall form done rather quickly on the Air Crane. If someone would want the .max file and map the CS I would be fine with that. I also need to learn to do hierarchy, but I think I did accidentally figure out how to setup pivot points this past weekend.

I don't mind being involved in a project with multiple players involved. I would only want the completed model to kick butt in the end. I don't think I have to worry about modeling plans running downhill with any of you guys. After all, I can't be the only one that risks my daytime job everyday because of this great simulator. Right Guys? Hello? Anyone? ...Hey boss! Yeah I'm working on faxing out those TPS reports. Just gotta find my red Swingline stapler.

Don't let physical inactivity take away your health. It's a hard lesson for those of us with desk jobs, but also for those that work at home from a PC as a second source of income. I'm lucky to still be alive.

Last edited by mwilson914; 05-10-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
.....So easy a cave man could move freight

That is so not cool. Not cool at all. I just can't believe this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Matt reading T9coboy's caveman remark.jpg (16.0 KB, 15 views)

Old 05-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson914
That is so not cool. Not cool at all. I just can't believe this!
Ha Ha Ha Ha I just about rolled out of my chair
Old 05-10-2010, 05:50 PM

I still can't quit laughing. I've managed to knock joes sign over a couple times but still can't get that skid hooked. There must be 2G worth of T-rex parts scattered around out there on that desert. Quite challenging to say the least. Wouldn't it be cool to have a little KE gnome with a little(or maybe a big) loop on his hat. We could play hide and seek in multiplayer! Or have five guys line up and see who could snatch him up first! Think what a hoot that would be

Last edited by td9cowboy; 05-10-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:29 PM

Well...I don't think the sign can be picked up. It's almost like KE thought of this day and designed against it. I shrunk the sign down to 15% and used the Bell heli because of the skid design. If you get a skid inside the fold of the sign it becomes reactive and will sometimes shoot out of sight. If you get lucky and think you can pick it, the skid just passes through the sign. It's almost like the collision mesh is only on the outside and things can pass through from the inside. I bummed.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Ha Ha Ha Ha I just about rolled out of my chair
I'm glad you liked the joke. I look completely different today now. My hair was really long compared to my preferred 1/4" long, buzzed all-over, homegrown haircut. Got up this morning and broke out the clippers. Caveman Matt is gone for a few months.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson914
Apart from the idea of being able to dynamically interact with 3D objects via lifting or towing, an incredible addition to the simulator would be the ability to define targeted axis linear motion. Currently the only way to move anything on an aircraft is by pivot points defined in the aircraft editor.

If a future release/version of RealFlight incorporated a means of linear movement, it would introduce a far easier method to define complex landing gears for example, or to move the air restriction cone of a turbine engine. (<--I'm not looking up the correct term this second.) Maybe these effects provide mostly visual candy to the models and that pivots can take care of the necessary tasks well enough, but say if you want to shift CG on a model you would no longer need to define a pivot point 10 or 30 feet outside of the model to get an approximate linear path.

I wonder if there is some design limitation with the software, or any other reason why linear motion cannot be user defined.
PPlace and I Figured out a way to get Items to move in a perfectly liner motion.
It was the use of a pair of scissor points , this gives 3 pivot points to be edited in the aircraft editor within real flight.

I also have an Original Screenshot showing exactly how it is set-up.

PS, this is as good as it gets for now, and the suggestions you and td9cowboy made are worth pondering and a bit of action on Jims behalf. If only he was the one to Authorise the changes and go ahead.

Bryce
Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 PM

Welcome to the world of it's so easy..........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MATTCM.JPG (4.6 KB, 148 views)
Old 05-12-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkboy999
ROFL!!! I can't wait to show this to my co-workers. They are always having to ask me what the heck I'm doing when I take pictures of myself like that. If only I had a short history on the forums. I think a name change to "Captain Caveman" would be a deserving title.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:43 AM

Ha Ha Ha That's Great Terry!!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 AM

I just through that together before work. I can do better if you like hehehe

Can't wait until there is a I-phone App for turning your picture in to a caveman.. Hummmmm hehehe

Last edited by Junkboy999; 05-12-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: