Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 6 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 07:58 AM

Bill I assume you are doing a finer job of creating your field? Be sure to add the "dead" zone at the far right end of the runway... I would also suggest you place some "clover" patches in there too a haha. good times. This is all great stuff.

SHOULD BE A STICKY.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:08 AM

The new photo field is really awesome... incredible really.

I would like to know the maximum photo resolution...

I again want to mention to the KE people, the buffer primitives really need to be sizeable by individual dimensions, not just one size parameter.

Also need to take pano of a field on more than one occasion... morning, evening, summer, winter... this really makes you feel as if you are flying on your own field.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Wow, I'm overwhelmed by the generosity and support by you guys from coast to coast across the US for this project. I am getting very excited about getting started with my education. The weather is going to be horrid here in OH for a few months and there will soon be a few fields surrounded by palm trees that will be local to me. There is one little ball field down there that I fly helis on that is a drop dead gorgeous to fly on. The far end of the field is surrounded by sea wall on two sides with an anchorage for sailboats and about a half mile of open blue sky as a backdrop across the bay. There is nothing behind the heli for it to blend in with. This would also make an excellent park flyer and heli field unlike anything we have in RF. Here's the ball field. The pilot spawn is home plate the heli spawn is a portable heli pad near the pitchers mound. The street view is not great but it kind of gives a better feel for the place. Not that I would post a field that I thought was less than perfect, but something like this may give me a little practice this winter before I get to the prize this spring. There are also a few AMA fields in the area that could be candidates. Sparks Field being the closest. I may have to rethink Phranks generous offer on the nodal loan. There are three fields that could be done at Wingmasters if I included the heli area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ballfield 1.jpg (127.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Ballfield 2.jpg (123.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Ballfield 3.jpg (185.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Ballpark street view.jpg (156.3 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by td9cowboy; 12-15-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:25 PM

Nooner, where are your creations? Those would be helpful as a learning tool. I promise I won't fly on them. Ya right.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9cowboy
Nooner, where are your creations?
I was wondering the same thing !
Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 PM

I think Nooner keeps his creations in the same place phrank keeps his. Wouldn't that be the mother lode if you could find it?!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 PM

You want even MORE content?
There is no shortage of content at the swaps, you guys are doing a fine job.

We appreciate the hard work.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:09 PM

As addicts .........We want the best crack phrank !
Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Well, what do we have to do, pry them out of their cold dead hands?
Old 12-15-2011, 01:17 PM

You're getting the best crack already! We just want as much crack as we can get!!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM

Jeff is right, you are already getting the best crack.

Plus, there is a dirty little secret...

off topic... Photofields, yeah, we were talking about the old dude's Photofield.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 PM

Actually, I just checked out Phranks files in his profile and he has shared some of his airport work. I have flown both in the past and they were very nice. I need to get those in 6 for a test flight. 2007 is when he shared them and also when I joined this site.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 PM

So what do you guys think about the ball field. I haven't flown there in a couple years. It's a little used place but you'll notice a walking trail around the perimeter that sometimes can cause major delays if someone shows up and makes about ten laps. I quit flying there after that girl got hit in the head with a heli in a near by park a while back that of course made national news. It's a great spot though and there are no safety concerns in RF. I think I'm going to go out see what I can find in a pano head on the cheap. Do I need the leveling device or can leveling be done with a torpedo level on the cheap?

Last edited by td9cowboy; 12-15-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:39 PM

I have been flying a much less than perfect panoramic picture for a couple of years. I have only had the Ninja for a couple of months now. It took me three photo shoots to get things nailed down. I got the unrestricted version of PTIGUI last week or so. So it is only recently that I have a really nice representation of my home field. I am in the process of adding all the depth buffers and other stuff now.

Like fine wine... it is aging.. I have lots of good ideas, but ideas are worthless without the time and effort it takes to bring to completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9cowboy
Nooner, where are your creations? Those would be helpful as a learning tool. I promise I won't fly on them. Ya right.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh
I have been flying a much less than perfect panoramic picture for a couple of years. I have only had the Ninja for a couple of months now. It took me three photo shoots to get things nailed down. I got the unrestricted version of PTIGUI last week or so. So it is only recently that I have a really nice representation of my home field. I am in the process of adding all the depth buffers and other stuff now.

Like fine wine... it is aging.. I have lots of good ideas, but ideas are worthless without the time and effort it takes to bring to completion.
What was causing you problems on the first two shoots? Not enough overlap,lighting issues, focus?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: