Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 6 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Well, unlike the RQ-170, this thread was shot to hell!!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Rq-170

From what I read, the top secret stealth stuff was left off this birdy because it only has one engine. Capture by enemies was anticipated. Maybe the enemy will build theirs just like ours and we can capture one of theirs in a year or 2. Hopefully, it won't be built out of paper mache.

Last edited by andy29847; 12-13-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:28 PM

I agree Phrank. Not only did it not self destruct, if we believe what they are telling us, the thing actually is built to safely land itself intact if it malfunctions? Now unless the US taxpayers have been giving untold billions in R and D dollars to complete idiots, there might be a little more to this story.

Last edited by td9cowboy; 12-13-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9cowboy
unless the US taxpayers have been giving untold billions in R and D dollars to complete idiots,
This is news to you ?
Old 12-13-2011, 03:35 PM

Just more of the same Maj. I just thought of a couple of people I'd like to introduce to THE HOOK but I'll request them by PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:15 PM

Politics aside, I could fine more info.

TN..
Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 PM

So there are nice people here that will build a plane for RF6 and put it up on the swap pages? Nice. I have trouble even editing existing planes , let alone building one from scratch or from an existing one.

Most of the beginner planes I want to fly on sim aren't real planes , but they are all made by Hobbico so there are plenty of pics. Do links help?

Here's some I'd like. (sooner or later I'd like to learn how to create them myself) I'm no builder either , but think that perhaps rather than being a builder first then having ability to create a sim plane is normal. Maybe the other way around will prove valuable to me as well (create plane in the sim and then be more skilled in the actual building and design of a model)

All mine are electric powered.

Flyzone:

Sensei
4' Piper cub
Focke-Wulf
Cessna Corvalis

GP:

Flylite
Electro-stik
Cosmic Wind
40" super sportster

Hobbico:

3' Piper J-3
Skyfly Max (I'd fix the earlier gen if I knew how to get rid of I think it is called adverse or reverse yaw)

Cox:

skyranger
Extra 300

Tower:

P-51 D 40"
Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 PM

It's become a very historic plane. It's pretty cool looking. I would like to see it in realflight. Unless someone thinks for some reason something of this design might be difficult to get flying well, I think it would make a good addition. Something in the eight/ten foot range would be awesome. I'm shocked that you found those three views so quick Norton. What else you got? Even if no one picks it up, I'm pretty curious about it's design.

Last edited by td9cowboy; 12-13-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:16 PM

snurdly,
Let me put it this way: The first thing a modeler must do to build a model is to get reference materials. Pictures, 3-views, specifications. It would take you much less time to find all of that for every one of the models you mentioned, than it would take a modeler to build just one of your ideas. If you are sincere about wanting a particular model, you are going to have to provide much more than the name of the model.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
snurdly,
Let me put it this way: The first thing a modeler must do to build a model is to get reference materials. Pictures, 3-views, specifications. It would take you much less time to find all of that for every one of the models you mentioned, than it would take a modeler to build just one of your ideas. If you are sincere about wanting a particular model, you are going to have to provide much more than the name of the model.
Just to add info here, see posts 2 and 13 for examples of information needed. However, that could be just the beginning as well. You must show you are willing to put forth the effort to make the build go smoothly.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
snurdly,

I have most all that info , but it would take me a few hrs to compile and sort and post it. How long does an average sim model plane take to build?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 PM

Takes me and my artist about a month or two of finding free time to build a model. Probably anywhere from 50-200 hours in all. I wouldn't want you to have to spend a few hours compiling information.

Last edited by jeffpn; 12-13-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:34 AM

Coanda 1910

Can anyone make a coanda 1910 EA, the first jet aircraft? It doesn't have to be perfect and scale (I would like it to fly!) But close to it would be awesome.

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models...oanda-1910.html

NEED FOR SPEED
Old 12-14-2011, 11:40 AM

Your link doesn't even take you to the model your requesting. I'll help you again.
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/...anda-1910.html
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM

No need to double post for the "first jet aircraft" ......that really wasn't

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: