6.00.038 is now a free public release. To obtain it, simply run the RealFlight 6 Launcher, click Additional Options, then click Registration/Updates. You will need to complete the online registration if you have not done so in the past. (This may be required even if you have registered previously; if so, just make sure to use the same password you used originally.) Then, click Update to Latest Version, or Update to Specific Version if you prefer, and follow the instructions.
This update includes more new content (a Gaui quadcopter), useful improvements to different areas of the sim, and a new feature for custom content creators that will benefit all RealFlight users!
RealFlight 6 now supports custom visual blades for helis! With KEMax
, users can create their own blade shapes and textures to achieve whatever look they desire.
In the release notes below you will notice that we added a new pilot figure to several of our aircraft. We will be releasing that source art for content creators to use in their own models very soon.
Note that this update is cumulative. As long as you obtain the update via the Launcher, you do not need to update to any earlier/in-between versions first.
- Gaui 330X-S Quad Flyer
- Custom visual main blades, tail blades, and paddles for helis
- Fixed a crash when closing the sim while the physics gadget has focus
- Fixed a potential crash in the airflow calculations
- NavGuides: Added a gear icon to the gadget title bar for editing NavGuides settings
- NavGuides: Added a small/large text size option
- NavGuides: Clicking any currently displayed item opens the edit dialog with that item selected
- NavGuides: The mouse cursor changes and an arrow indicator appears when hovering over items that can be clicked
- Aircraft Editor: Added "Swivels Freely" property to landing gear. When set to Yes, it overrides the steering gear (if present) and allows caster behavior
- Aircraft Editor: Governor component's read-only "Current RPM" property displays a more stable value, which improves the display of other read-only properties based on that value
- Multiplayer: Latency build-up between participants over time is reduced
- Added an updated Jet Fighter Pilot figure to a number of RF6 and Expansion Pack aircraft
- Soccer goal and basketball hoop objects make a sound when dynamic objects (including vehicles) pass through them
- Added a warning message when either the clockwise or counterclockwise version of a heli blade or propeller is missing
- Battery voltage drop is calculated and apportioned between multiple motors more correctly. This fixes some odd RPM behavior on reset for certain aircraft
- AH-64 Apache: Added the counterclockwise version of the main blades
- Micro F-86 Sabre EDF: Tweaked a couple of RPM values for samples in the engine sound profile
- Sikorsky Skycrane (both variants): Electronic Flybar component's rate gain and heading hold gain values are reduced.
- Sikorsky Skycrane (both variants): Main rotor blur texture correctly matches the blade pattern
If you previously downloaded the 6.00.035 public beta, here's what is different in .038. For everyone else, this is irrelevant.
- The KEX import wizard process for heli visual blades is simpler.
- Flybarless helis exhibited gyro oscillations in some circumstances.
- The Soccer Net airport object (used at the older Soccer Field airport) plays a sound just like the newer Soccer Goal object does (used at Soccer Field HD).