Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 6
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 11:11 AM

Too late. they quit making it.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:15 AM

AV and CS files state what is required. If you don't have the requirement, it ain't gonna work!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:29 PM

ok so i have a bad canopy file how can i delete this canopy where is the color sachems stored
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 AM

Unhappy Ram stability has a direct relation to sucess.

Added some with unverified benefits:
  1. "K" kill engine
  2. Waited for the processor to increase system idle process.
  3. **Found the system pausing on the initial auto zoom and all other computer actions. Adjusted the ram voltage and improved the EA DSS file creations success to about 90 percent.
  4. Added shutting down other PC loading applications using a "Game Booster". Helped a little. It was problematic if the application was the trigger to start and stop the boost mode as it added to the restart cycle. I just start the boost mode then the application.
  5. Successfully installed an EA using another PCs loaded files. I only needed to point one file absolute address string to my location using WordPad.

**Found the voltage on the ram G Skill default DDR3 of 1.5V was to low (constant pausing). Also, discovered the voltage on the Ram sticker of 1.65 v was high and very unstable, constant pausing of actions. Both of these voltages failed all but the smallest EAs. Selecting the best RAM voltage. Still I am unable to get the largest EAs at about 4 fails/100. Played some with the processor voltage and speeds with no notable improvement.

I have a unique event with this high detail file. I do not know if it is related. This is the Error message. Working through it now.

Error resolving references for C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\My
Documents\RealFlight 6\Vehicles\CustomModels\Gronimod - SAB GOBLIN
500\Gronimod - SAB GOBLIN 500.KEX in Gronimod_SAB_GOBLIN_500. Import
Failed.

Last edited by warlockg; 06-12-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Additions
Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
Jeff, you use windows print screen. Isn't it shift+ print screen?
either that or just hit tab while you are flying..its easier.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 PM

I am brand new to this so please bear with me. I downloaded a trex 450 pro and imported it per boof69's instructions. It shows up on the first screen that offers senarios, aircraft, flying sites, but it does not appear under aircraft on the next screen.

However the bigger problem is when I select the trex 450 pro a message appears where the heli normally does saying "the aircraft variant is based on a aircraft you do not have." What must I do to get the trex 450 pro to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by pastorags; 08-02-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Your question is often asked and answered in the FAQ's here:

Click me!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:53 PM

import

after i import a model when it goes to boot up the dds file is says error occured and do i wast to sent it to knofe edge software
Old 01-09-2014, 04:02 PM

Which model? What RF version? There's a known import issue with RF 7.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 PM

I am really having a problem with the downloading. I have tried two of the files, First the C-130 Hercules. Had a problem from the get go, al I get is a failure notification and would I like to notify Knife Edge, and now when I try to delete it I can.t because it just closes the program. Short of reloading the program I don't know what else to do about it.. I also downloaded another one and I tried to fly backwards at full throttle.
Did I miss something here? I think I am at a Photo Field although I am not sure what that means. I am at the field and the plane is setting on the runway.
ANyway I guess it all comes down to this HELP!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:17 PM

You can delete bad models using the "File" menu.

When you load up a new model, the first time you click on the model the sim uses available resources to create a DDS file for EACH of the texture maps.

This is where most errors occur.

The process relies upon installed libraries and video card drivers to generate the DDS files for your system.

If selecting the model causes the sim to error to the desktop or displays a white model instead, then your machine has a similar problem.

Your best bet is to delete the model using the file menu, and update your drivers followed by re-installing DirectX 9.0c.

That may not cure the problem but it may let you import models with smaller texture sizes.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:09 PM

I am a newbie on the site. I am looking for a giant scale Ultimate ti download. I find lots of Color Schemes n AV files but can't seem to locate the EA which I need .

Thanx in advance for any help.

Rich
Old 02-22-2015, 11:30 PM

Please elaborate on what you are looking for. A Ultimate Ti isn't enough to work with.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:39 PM

I am looking for any Ultimate biplane. I would rather have a Giant Scale version. I see lots of CS and AV files but as I understand it, I need an EA file before any of the others will work.

Thanx
Old 02-22-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfabbre View Post
I see lots of CS and AV files but as I understand it, I need an EA file before any of the others will work.

Thanx
No.

If the plane is already part of the sim, then the variants and colorschemes do not use an EA.

The Ultimate Biplane is included with Realflight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: