Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight Basic
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:34 PM

I believe that you do not understand Great Plane correctly.

http://www.knifeedge.com/products.php
Old 06-04-2013, 02:08 PM

Yup...

There have been no patches because none have been needed beyond the first few.

There was never any intent to keep EXTENDING the Basic simulator beyond the initial offering.

This is in keeping with what many other RC sims do...

The OP is confusing Enhancements/Extensions with PATCHES & Support... these do not equate.

Knifeedge has spearheaded the on-going enhancements bandwagon thanks in large part to their efforts with Expansion Packs.

Enhancements to Expansion packs brought frequent updates to the flagship version of the simulator. That is slated to continue.

The "Basic" simulator does not support Expansion packs.... something the purchaser is told up front.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:13 AM

jeffpn,
I clicked on your link but, not sure I saw/read what you were intending for us/me to see. So, I'm sorry but, I did not get the point you were intending. Great Planes stated to me via email that there would be no patches and definitely you expansion packs. The no expansion packs has been clearly stated by Great Planes as well as others. As opjose has correctly stated there was never any intent to extend (enhancements) or expand (my words) BASIC. It is what it is; a basic version. My question was if there are software bugs down the road if there would be solutions. That's all. And as opjose has stated there has been no need for patches which is great.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Administrator

RealFlight Basic has been out for nearly 4 years. It is difficult for me to imagine any issues being discovered only now, after all this time, that would cause us to release an update. As you seem to understand, Basic was designed to be very self-contained and easy to use, with limited but very stable functionality. We never planned to update or patch it, and as others have said, we've never needed to.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:39 PM

Ryan D,
Thanks for jumping in. Basic it is which meets my needs so, thank the member(s) for producing such a product. And as you said stability is the issue and I might add issue free for me.

Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: