Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 6
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 07-06-2013, 01:26 PM

Oculus Rift support?

We need oculus rift support post haste. I and other real flight users have purchased Dev kits. I got mine yesterday, and I must say; realflight would be amazing with this. I've been playing Quake, and Minecraft, TF2, MS flight sim, and other 3d apps with this thing and it's amazing. I'm pretty sure support can be added with a simple res split/augmentation algorithm There are 2 open source drivers that work with multiple games that don't have native support. One is VorpX, which has worked with titles such as UT3, and Skyrim. I'm pretty sure with some tinkering the devs could get it to work with realflight.

If you are in Dallas, and want to demo it, shoot me a message. If you're elsewhere, pick someone from this map. Go demo it. You'll see what I mean.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:36 PM

Does OR work with the 3D support native to Nvidia's display drivers?

I doubt OR support is a high priority with KE but there was some mention of it already.

There were few takers for Stereoscopic support, and I doubt more than a handful or two of Realflight purchasers are using 3D hardware ( I am one btw ).

I'd be interested in OR support as well, but I'm sure I'll be in the minority.

What will be telling is the number of people who end up purchasing OR devices for their home computers... only a tiny fraction of those will be Realflight users...
Old 07-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Administrator

We are aware of this device. Neat (and frequently nausea-inducing) stuff.

The dev versions are too low-res to use effectively in RealFlight. I understand they're working to increase the resolution.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: