Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 03:29 PM

I set up my DX6I with the software mix and rates enabled according to your screen print. However, if I assign channel 6 to smoke and fly helicopters ( I only fly helis mild 3D), the rates are stuck in low. I have no idea what smoke does when flying helicopters. It seems like I wasted a channel by that assignment.

Solution : I setup channel 6 for dual rates. I have to set the flap up 100 and down 100 for landing in the DX6I settings. This enables the dual rates to work on the flaps/gyro switch. This can be verified by going to helicopter edit and observe channel 1 low rate condition is satisfied and flicking the flap/gyro switch.
The only thing I have to use the keyboard for is the throttle hold (I). My flight mode works with flight mode switch and dual rates work with flap/gyro switch.
I sometimes get an abrupt tail kick when flying. I usually fly the Rave 90 (both FBL and FB), Align 500. BTW the Align 500 is more challenging to fly because it seems sluggish and under powered.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:19 AM

Futaba T8FG Super

I could not get the interlink module to see the Tx. After many searches and reading all kinds of solutions for other radios, I swapped the connector cable ends. That's it. No training mode or selection of output type needed. You can use the Real Flight software interface and the sticks work. I chose to skip the software and practice programming the Tx. The only thing that I have found that doesn't work is setting a switch up for "killing" the engine. That is a keyboard command and I don't see anything about connecting my switch position to the command.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:53 PM

Spektrum DX6

I see alot of suggestions for the DX6i anyone have a good setup for the DX6? Would they be the same?
Old 03-07-2015, 02:04 PM

Solution page

It may be wiser to keep this thread contained with questions also instead of fragmenting people all over the place with new threads. Usually solutions have left out critical steps. Maybe some of the solutions can divert newbies to a video or a more in depth solution for the newbies. I remember what it was like to be one and it's no fun.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Talking Hitec Aurora 9

This radio works fine with the interface unit. Be sure the cable is plugged in to radio before power up. Tap the MultiIO button at the lower-right corner and select Pupil mode. The only thing wrong in RF7 is that the radio settings for this model have throttle and elevator reversed. Set those two to normal and it works fine with all models.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowality View Post
It may be wiser to keep this thread contained with questions also instead of fragmenting people all over the place with new threads.
Please help keep the thread clean with only radio solutions and no requests for help.

Post a request for help in a new thread or another existing thread about the same radio.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:22 PM

DX6i battery current drain

I measured the current from the batteries.
25 ma in the trainer mode [main switch off with trainer cable plugged in].
95 ma with the main switch on.
Batteries should last for a LONG time without charging in the trainer mode.
Interesting how much energy goes out the antenna in regular flight operation.

Walt
Old 06-14-2016, 06:24 PM

@ninjapuppy -

I'm using my new DX6 with RealFlight, and it's working fine. The only problem I'm having is getting the Gear channel on the radio to work with the retracts in RealFlight. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gryf
Old 06-14-2016, 08:05 PM

The only switch on my DX6 that is recognized is the D switch on channel five. You can assign that one to whatever you want. All other functions have to be done using the keyboard keys. (Default is YUIO for channels 5,6,7,8)
Old 06-14-2016, 08:30 PM

Right, I'm using the D switch for flaps.

Thanks for the keyboard advice - guess I'll go with that.

Gryf
Old 06-15-2016, 10:19 AM

PLEASE HELP KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN REMOVE YOUR QUESTIONS. You can edit your post and then delete it.

The thread is for radio solutions only. If you want to explain the setup of a radio, this is the place for that. If you have questions please post them as a new thread.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:14 PM

Question Dx6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spektrum DX6i --- RF7 -- http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...70&postcount=6
Spektrum DX6 New Version Check Out This Link: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...3&postcount=26

Spektrum DX7 ---
Spektrum DX7s --- http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...4&postcount=23

Spektrum DX8 --- RF7 -- http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...61&postcount=5
--another author --------- http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...8&postcount=12

Spektrum DX9 ---

Spektrum DX18 ---- RF7 --- http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...34&postcount=4

JR Radios
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to get a DX6 (New Version) working. All other links DX8 and DX7 for example have detailed/Proper transmitter instructions.

However the link for DX6 lacks proper instructions ... its more how "opjose" shuffled some channels around

Also, in the first post you mention "Make sure your trainer system is enabled " ... What does this mean? When I plug the lead behind the DX6 it comes ON even if the power button is off ...
Old 11-19-2016, 04:54 PM

I have the Graupner mz-24. Anybody have experience setting it up with RF 7.5?
Old 11-20-2016, 08:45 AM

This thread is for solutions... not answers. At this stage of the product... I doubt you will get an answer here. I do not plan continue this effort for RF-X. I don't have access to enough radios.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 11-20-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:59 PM

RF7 control issue with RF TX interface

I am running RF7.5 and my field radio is a Graupner mz-24, 12 channel. I'm flying the Flightliine P-38 in the sim and all works well except the guns fire when I move the rudder stick to the far left. Can't figure out how to correct that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: