Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 07:25 PM

Frequently Asked Questions - RF7

This unofficial FAQ was originally written by Knife Edge Software and is now maintained & updated by user 12oclockhigh. -Knife Edge

The RealFlight (RF) Forums are a small community of mostly user to user members with occasional company moderation ... if you post something, it will be seen by the forum regulars. Posting the same question in multiple threads will not get you an answer faster. The fastest way for you to get an answer is to search and read the threads or call Tech Support. Many times, the answer given for an older RF software version still applies to the latest version. The more you help yourself, the happier you will be. Almost every problem a new user experiences has been written about. There is always tech support... click on the link in the grey bar at the top of each page or see the first Q&A below.

The answers you get here should not reflect on the "company". You should not make purchasing decisions on information you get in the forum. Forum members are giving you some of their free time to help you with your problem. You get what you pay for. Usually it is good honest advice. We are people too and we can get grumpy when the same question is posted for the 14 millionth time. Don't abuse the guy answering just because you don't like the answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product activation, product registration, and a Knife Edge discussion forums account are all separate things.

Activation involves your product serial numbers and some other information but no username or password. Activation happens automatically after entering your serial numbers the first time you run the software after installing. Manual activation (via the website) is only required when automatic activation fails. If that happens, the software will direct you to the website and it will give you all three pieces of information that you need (including the activation key that you couldn't find). On the other hand, if your software is running, it is activated, and you don't need to do anything else. It sounds like we could do more to make this clear for users who are simply browsing RealFlight.com. On-Line Activation Page: http://activation.knifeedge.com/RealFlight7/

Registration involves some contact information and a password, and is tied to your serial numbers. After registering your software you are able to perform online updates. Free updates include things like new features, additional models and flying sites, and bug fixes.

A forums account involves a username and a password plus a valid email address. It is not tied to your serial numbers or product registration in any way. (Even if you use the same password here as you do for product registration--which is not recommended--these two systems will know nothing of each other.) Signing up for an account allows you to post messages here, obviously. The swap pages, where loads of user-created content is available for free download, are a part of the discussion forums. But no account is necessary in order to download that content. We've made it pretty easy for people to enjoy it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Flight Version 7.5 Does Not Run on Windows XP. You must use Version 7 or lower with that operating system.

Q. HAVING TROUBLE INSTALLING OR REGISTERING?
A. Many times the forum is not the place to seek help with these issues. You need to call technical support. A link is in the Gray bar at the top of each forum web page. Sending an e-mail for support may take a couple of days.
There another section below, in this post, that talks about install disk issues.

Q. HAVING TROUBLE RE-INSTALLING REAL FLIGHT SOFTWARE?
A. Take a look at the link below, it might help you out if the original install did not go correctly.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31336

Q. I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH REAL FLIGHT UNINSTALLER DELETING MY DATA

A. It has been reported that Realflight 7 uninstaller can delete all your data! -- http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32498

Q. HAVING PROBLEMS ACTIVATING REAL FLIGHT? IS YOUR VOLUME SERIAL ID SOMETHING LIKE THIS?
A. The VolumeID of my C drive was something like 000-00001 Check this thread; http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31881

Q. HOW DO I OBTAIN TECHNICAL SUPPORT?
Visit http://www.realflight.com/support/kb/index.php for technical support.
There is also a link for technical support in the grey bar at the top of each forum web page.

Q. HOW DO I RESET THE DEFAULT VALUES?
A. On the Real Flight Launcher there is an option for "Additional Options" clicking the box will show another box for "Restore Defaults". Use of this feature will solve many of the problems that occur from using the software.

Q. CAN I RUN REALFLIGHT ON A MAC?
A. Yes, but with some limitations. You must be using a Mac with an Intel processor, and you must use Boot Camp to boot your Mac using Windows XP, Vista, Win7 or Win8. There has been some success with running Real Flight 7 in a virtual machine with Parallels and Fusion. We suggest reading the following thread for more information; 1.) RF7 on Mac Thread 2.) Running RF7 with Parallels and Fusion

Q. CAN I RUN REALFLIGHT USING A WINDOWS 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM?
A. Yes

Q. CAN I SHARE RECORDINGS MADE IN REALFLIGHT WITH OTHER PEOPLE?
A. RealFlight creates recordings that can only be shared with other RealFlight users. If you want to create a video file in a format such as WMV or MPEG, your best option is to create the recording in RealFlight, then play back that recording and use a screen-capture program such as Fraps to make a video file as the recording plays back.

Q. HOW DO I DOWNLOAD AND PLAY RECORDINGS FROM THE INTERNET?
A. Try following these directions. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...14&postcount=3

Q. HOW DO I SET UP THE SOFTWARE TO USE WITH MY FIELD RADIO?
A. This thread should help you. Field Radio Setup Even if your radio is not listed, the process for another radio may help you with yours. When you get it working, help others and post the settings that you found to work with the radio in the field radio thread.

Q. I AM HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING SWAP PAGE AIRCRAFT.
A. Click on the Yellow Question Mark Icon. The pop-up page will explain how to use the files. There is further information later in this post about this topic.

GRAPHICS CARDS --- this section has not been updated... maybe Jose will take a run at it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM GRAPHICS CARD REQUIREMENT TO RUN REALFLIGHT? This information may not be current.
A. RealFlight G3.5, G4, and G4.5 all require a graphics card that has 32 MB of video RAM and supports DirectX 9.0 and Shader Model 1.4. Practically speaking, G3.5 requires an ATI Radeon 7500 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 or better; G4 & G4.5 require an ATI Radeon 9500 or NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti4200 or better.

Q. WHAT GRAPHICS CARDS DO YOU RECOMMEND? This information may not be current.
A. Meeting the minimum requirement is not likely to result in a satisfactory experience--RealFlight will run, but at low quality and low frame rates. If your computer has an AGP slot for graphics cards, we recommend the ATI Radeon HD 3850 or NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS. If your computer has a PCI-e slot for graphics cards, we recommend the ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT. All of these graphics cards are available for less than $200. There are many other graphics cards available for less money than these; here at Knife Edge we use the GeForce 8800 GT, which is available for about $120.

Q. WILL A LAPTOP RUN REALFLIGHT? This information may not be current.
A. Some laptops and desktop computers have an "integrated" graphics card. Integrated graphics cards do not meet the minimum requirement and are not supported. Some laptops come with a "discrete" graphics card; for these the usual minimum requirements apply. If you are buying a new laptop, we recommend the Radeon X1900 or GeForce 8400M GT or better. Be careful when buying--some laptops have graphics cards marketed as GeForce or Radeon but are in fact integrated graphics cards. The computer's spec sheet should tell you whether a graphics card uses "shared" memory; a graphics card must not use shared memory to meet the minimum requirement. As a general rule of thumb, a $300 laptop is not likely to run Real Flight very well, if at all.

Q. IS THERE NO LOVE FOR THOSE OF US WITH INTEGRATED GRAPHICS CARDS? This information may not be current.
A. The most recent updates of all versions of RealFlight run at low quality on an integrated graphics card. However, we cannot provide technical support for using RealFlight in this manner and we cannot promise that this functionality will continue in future updates or releases.

Q. WHY WON'T MY GEFORCE 8200 RUN REALFLIGHT? This information may not be current.
A. The GeForce 8200 is an integrated graphics card that NVIDIA markets under the GeForce brand. It does not meet the minimum requirement to run RealFlight.

Q. REALFLIGHT7 IS RUNNING FINE, HOW CAN I GET THE BEST VIDEO GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE OUT OF MY SETUP? CAN YOU SUGGEST ANY OPTIMIZATION SETTINGS?
A. Checkout this link by Opjose; http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...98&postcount=7

SOUND CARDS AND SOUND ISSUES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING SOUND FROM RF7, WHAT CAN I DO?
A. You should first check to see that you are using the latest drivers for your system. See this thread for some ideas. Click Me

Q. HOW DO I GET RID OF THE MUSIC AT JOE'S GARAGE?

A. There are sound "emitters" in the airport... see this post that explains how to edit an airport. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...07&postcount=4

Q. HOW DO I CREATE CUSTOM MOTOR SOUNDS IN REAL FLIGHT?
A. Here is a thread that will help you with this issue: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28417

CUSTOM CONTENT

Q. HOW DO I OBTAIN CUSTOM CONTENT?
A. Thousands of custom aircraft, color schemes, and airports are available on our Swap Pages at http://knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php . They are freely available for all users of our software.

Q. HOW DO I INSTALL CUSTOM CONTENT?
A. When you have downloaded the file you want from our swap site, load RealFlight. Select the "Simulation > Import > G3X" menu item in G3.5 or "Simulation > Import > RealFlight Archive" in G4.x, G5.x., RF6.x7 RF7.x. In the import dialog box that appears, locate the file you downloaded and open it. RealFlight will import the file. In G4 and later versions you can select more than one file to import at one time. Do not attempt to put custom content in RealFlight's data or documents folders; this will not work. After the import, it is possible to click on the label displayed in the lower left of the screen to open that content.

Q. HOW DO I REMOVE CUSTOM CONTENT?
A. Go to the "Simulation > Manage User Files" menu item. There you will see a directory-like structure to see all of your custom content. You must ALWAYS use the Manage User Files dialog to remove custom content; attempting to remove any files in RealFlight's data folders will cause problems.

Q. HOW DO I CREATE A COLOR SCHEME USING GIMP?
A. Check out this link, it is older, but much of the information is still useful. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...mp+users+guide

Q. HOW DO I REMOVE A CUSTOM COLOR SCHEME?
A. This link should help you. It is a manual method used with Windows Explorer. Remove Color Scheme

Q. HOW DO I REMOVE AN AIRCRAFT THAT IS NOT LISTED IN THE MANAGE FILES FUNCTION?
A. Using Windows Explorer look in your directory: C:\Users\*your_user-name*\Documents\RealFlight 7\Vehicles\CustomVehicles or \CustomModels
Be careful not to destroy something you might need. You can delete to your recycle bin and restore if need be.

Q. WHY DOESN'T THE AIRCRAFT I JUST DOWNLOADED LOAD?
A. You probably downloaded an Aircraft Variant for which you don't have the original model. Every Aircraft Variant description page gives the name of the Aircraft Model that it requires. Most of these are based on aircraft that are included in RealFlight or in its Add-Ons or Expansion Packs. Some Aircraft Variants are based on Aircraft Models that are available from the swap pages; if this is the case, the Aircraft Variant description page will include a link to the Aircraft Model file that it is based on.

Q. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN AIRCRAFT MODEL AND AN AIRCRAFT VARIANT?
A. An Aircraft Model includes a 3D model that RealFlight uses to display an aircraft on the screen. Aircraft Variants only store changes to the physics properties of an aircraft such as its weight and the size of its motor. Since the Aircraft Variant file does not include a 3D model of the aircraft, RealFlight will not be able to display the aircraft on the screen unless the Aircraft Model on which the Aircraft Variant is based is also present.
Swap Page File Types:
EA=Entire Aircraft,
AV=Aircraft Variant, (AVs can be variants of purchased or Swap Page aircraft)
CS=Color Scheme. (CSs - ditto note above)
AV and CS files need the specified EA file to exist as a Stock/EP (expansion pack)/MP (mega pack) aircraft to work.

Q. HOW DO I DISTINGUISH AIRPORT FILE TYPES ON THE SWAP PAGES?
A. There are two swap pages file types; a.) PI=Photo Fields, b.) AP=Other Airports. Photo fields do not allow the user access to various moving camera views. A panoramic image creates the background for the view in a photofield. In 3D airports almost all the content is computer generated. In a 3D airport you can fly as if you are actually in the computer generated world. Both airport types use elements from each other such as a distant background picture or the placement of computer generated objects in a photo field.

Q. HOW DO I CREATE CUSTOM CONTENT?
A. If you intend to create new 3D models for using in RealFlight, you may use 3D Studio MAX and the KEMax plugin to create files in a format that RealFlight understands. Wings3D and several other modeling software programs may also be used. You are likely to get the most support by using 3DMax Studio from the modelers in this forum. More information is available on the Knife Edge Forums at http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107 .

Q. HOW CAN I MAKE MY OWN AIRCRAFT AND HELICOPTERS?
A. It is the same answer as. Read in the designer forums RFG4, RFG5, RF6 and RF7 forums all apply. There is so much written that you will very likely find your answer there and save yourself a lot of time waiting for your question to be answered.
Here is a good link to get you started.

Q.CAN SOMEONE CREATE AN AIRCRAFT FOR ME?
A. Designers/Artists sometimes take requests from people wanting certain aircraft. You will have to do some homework and provide as many views of the aircraft as possible. Shots taken from above, below, both sides, front and rear are the most helpful. If it is an RC model, gather components and weights to be used in the aircraft. The process may take a while. The design may take a hundred hours or more of a guys free time.

Q. HOW DO I CREATE A PHOTO FIELD WITH MY PANORAMIC PICTURE?
There are several thread that discuss this topic. Here is a good one to start with; http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27839

Q. HOW DO I ADD FLAPERONS TO AN EXISTING AIRCRAFT?
Flaperons make the ailerons dual purpose and provide additional lift as well as a slower landing speed. Both ailerons are deployed down to provide additional lift. Yet, the aileron steering function continues to work. The elevator is mixed with the flaperons to counter the effect. There is a good thread to follow regarding this topic. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...t=17498&page=5

Q.HOW DO I MAKE A CUSTOM SOUNDS FOR MY AIRCRAFT?
A. Custom motor sound profile tutorial: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...ht=sound+files
How to Create your own Custom Engine sound: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...ht=sound+files
MOKI250 Sound and Engine: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...ht=sound+files[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

DISCS AND INTERLINK
Q. MY COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE A CD/DVD DISK DRIVE, HOW DO I INSTALL/
A. See the following thread to explain using a USB drive for installing the RF software. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31152

Q. WHAT DO I DO IF MY DISCS DON'T WORK?
A. If your discs don't work on your computer, please call RealFlight technical support at +1 (217) 398-8970. They will be able to determine whether your disc is damaged and send you a replacement.

Q. MY COMPUTER WILL NOT BOOT WITH THE INTERLINK PLUGGED IN, WHAT IS WRONG?
See this thread for a discussion of the issue http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30663

Q. CAN I USE A USB3 PORT WITH MY INTERLINK ELITE?
It has been reported that the Interlink Elite controller doesn't like being connected to a USB3 port.

Q. WHAT IF MY SERIAL NUMBER IS INVALID?
A. If the serial numbers included with your RealFlight discs don't work, please call RealFlight technical support at +1 (217) 398-8970. They will be happy to help you.

Q. WHAT DO I DO IF MY CONTROLLER BREAKS?
A. Call technical support at +1 (217) 398-8970 and they will be happy to assist.

Q. CAN I RUN REALFLIGHT WITHOUT THE CONTROLLER PLUGGED IN?
A. No. The InterLink is used to authenticate your copy of RealFlight. RealFlight will not start without the InterLink plugged in.

Q. CAN I INSTALL REALFLIGHT ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS?

A. Yes, but remember that you will only be able to run RealFlight on one computer at a time because you must have the InterLink plugged in.

Q. CAN I SELL MY COPY OF REALFLIGHT?

A. Yes. If you do, please call RealFlight technical support at +1 (217) 398-8970 so that they can unregister your serial number. If you do not do this, your buyer will not be able to register to receive updates to the software.

Q. HOW DO I UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF REALFLIGHT?

A. First, you must register your copy of RealFlight. To do this, load the RealFlight Launcher, click "Additional Options", and then click on "Registration/Updates". In the window that appears, click "Online Registration..." and enter your information in the screen that appears. Once you've registered, return to the "Registration/Updates" screen and click "Update to Latest Version". Updating a full version from RF6.x to RF7 is not a free upgrade, you will have to purchase the update. Updating from RF6 to RF6.5 is a free update by download. The full version upgrades are physical disks and cannot be downloaded. It is possible to upgrade from RFG4.x to RF7 in one step. You can have multiple versions of RF installed at the same time. You can install the latest version without having the prior version installed.

Q. HOW DO I CHANGE MY INTERLINK ELITE RADIO MODE?
A. Please view this post on the subject. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...98&postcount=2

MULTIPLAYER

Q. CAN I USE THE MULTIPLAYER FEATURE WITH USERS WHO HAVE AN OLDER OR NEWER VERSION OF REALFLIGHT?
A. No. Users of particular version can only use multiplayer with other users having the same version of Real Flight.

Q. I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE SERVER LIST. WHAT IS GOING ON?
Unfortunately, the list server does crash from time to time. If it happens over the weekend, it will usually not be reset until 9am pacific time on Monday. The problem always seems to happen on a holiday weekend, so usually the staff is looking out for you and it may be resolved earlier. Fortunately, this has not been happening frequently.

Q. What are the rule of etiquette while using multi-player?
A. Simply said, there are no rules. CSGill has said it very well in this post; RF Etiquette

LEARNING TO FLY USING REALFLIGHT

Q. HOW CAN I USE REALFLIGHT TO LEARN TO FLY R/C?
A. We think the best way to learn R/C is to have fun flying in RealFlight. At first, don't concentrate on learning. Just enjoy the simulation and fly around. It might help you to use a 3D airport, like Flight School, and fly around a bit in "chase" or "cockpit" modes (press "C" to change modes). Try out all the models and try all the airports. Begin challenging yourself. Remember that everything you do is a learning experience and all of it will pay off. It helps to mix in some disciplined practice sessions from time to time, but we've found it's easy to learn if you keep things fun. Keep playing with it until you can successfully take off, fly around, and land pretty much every single time. At that point, you are ready to fly a real R/C plane. We suggest you get some help from your local club or hobby shop when you are ready.

Try the challenges, they are designed to improve your flight skills. The scoring system will show your improvement over time. Some challenges will be nearly impossible for the new pilot, but will be achieved with more flight time. There are training aid in the 'Training' menu. There are also the virtual flight instruction videos that will explain how to fly aerobatic maneuvers.

Q. REAL FLIGHT SEEMS EASIER THAN REAL LIFE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
A. Make sure the difficulty is set to 'Realistic' on the Physics form. You can select the 'Custom' Tab to increase the 'Physics Speed'. You can increase the wind speed and turbulence. You can also enable the flight failures. The simulation is designed to be a bit easier than real life using the default settings. When using the Training videos, you should use a 'Physics Speed' equal to 100% or the sound may be distorted.

Q. REAL FLIGHT IS TOO HARD. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
A. Set the difficulty to "Beginner". Click on 'Simulation', then 'Physics' and click on 'Beginner' That will make the flight model more forgiving and will also slow the simulation down substantially. You can increase the 'Auto Pilot Assist' selection from 'None' to your meet your need. Knife Edge recommends that you move up to "Intermediate" as soon as possible. Remember that flying R/C in real life is hard too!

Q. I CANNOT GET REAL FLIGHT TO ZOOM IN OR OUT?
A. You cannot use the zoom feature when "Keep Ground in View" is selected as the 'Zoom Type' in the 'View' menu.

Q. IS THE USER MANUAL AVAILABLE IN FRENCH?
A. Here is the RF7 manual, completely translated into French with screenshots. French RF User Manual Thanks to Stedemar also check later in the thread for the help and tactic600 document.

Q. I AM USING A NON-ENGLISH KEYBOARD (PORTUGUESE ABNT(BRAZIL)) WHEN I TYPED THE ~ KEY IN REAL FLIGHT THE CONSOLE DOES NOT OPEN. THE CONSOLE IS NOT SHOWN ON THE SCREEN AFTER PRESSING THE ~ KEY.
A. Control + Shift + C now works to open console in RF 7 in addition to the ~ key.

Q. WHY ARE THE CAMERA VIEWS DISABLED WHEN I TRY TO USE THEM?
A. Views such as chase plane, nose view for example are only available when you are flying in a 3D field. Panoramic Picture created fields are taken from one camera point. 3D fields exist almost entirely as computer generated bit maps. The horizon may look like a picture but everything in the foreground is computer generated.

Q. I GET DISORIENTED AND CANNOT FIND THE RUNWAY WHEN I AM READY TO LAND.
A. In the 'View' menu, select 'Zoom Type' and then select 'Keep Ground in View'. This is the best setting for keeping ground orientation.
You can also use the 'down arrow key' on your keyboard when flying the other zoom settings.
A view of the ground will be displayed for as long as you hold down the arrow key and then return to the aircraft view.

Q. HOW DO I RESET THE TRIM BUTTONS TO THE DEFAULT (ZERO) POSITION?
A. Perhaps the easiest way is to display the radio gadget. The trim is displayed on the gadget. When the trim is zero, a red indicator will be displayed on the trim selection you are adjusting. As you are clicking the trim, a different tone will sound when the trim is centered. If it is a stock plane, changing to another plane and back to the first will reset the trims. If it is a custom plane, you must adjust the trim using the trim buttons.

Q. WHY DOES MY HELICOPTER CANOPY FALL OFF THE HELICOPTER AND STAY ON THE GROUND?
A. The designer of the helicopter included a feature to allow users to view the graphical work under the canopy which is quite significant. You can use the knob control (ch 6) on the interlink to turn all the way in one direction or the other to have the canopy stay with the aircraft.

Q. I HAVE NO THROTTLE IN THE HELICOPTER HOVER SIMULATOR USING A SPEKTRUM DX5e RADIO. HOW DO I FIX THIS?
A. A user has found a "bug" in the software and then found a work around. We hope this link helps you.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30453

Q. HOW DO I GET RID OF THE THROTTLE ROUGHNESS FOR FLYING HELICOPTERS?
A. Helicopter pilots like a smooth Collective Stick (Throttle/Blade Pitch). To get rid of the steps/notch feel you can follow these instructions. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31928

EXPANSION PACKS AND ADD-ONS

Q. DO EXPANSION PACKS WORK WITH RF7?

A. RF7 will run all expansion packs and MegaPacks. There may be some aircraft editing required to get an aircraft to perform as you require.

Q. WHERE DO I OBTAIN FREE ADD-ONS?

A. If you have G4 or G4.5, you can obtain all of the Add-Ons for free. The Add-ons also include several airports and some airport objects. The Addon aircraft may not have updated physics to work with RF7, but you can modify them yourself or check the swaps pages for Aircraft Variant AV files where someone may have already updatated the physics.
http://www.realflight.com/downloads/add-ons.html
List of all Add-On Aircraft

Q. WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THE FREE EXPANSION AND MEGA PACKS?
A. The Expansion Packs and Mega Packs are not available for free. These must be purchased. Only the Add-Ons are available for free.

Q. WHERE DO I FIND THE FREE ADD-ONS FOR G3.5?
A. The Add-Ons are only available for free for users of G4.x through G7.x versions of Real Flight . If you have G3.5, you must still purchase the Add-Ons.

Q. HOW DO I COPY THE EXPANSION PACKS, MEGA PACKS AND SWAP PAGES DOWNLOADED AIRCRAFT FROM AN OLD VERSION OF REAL FLIGHT?
A. There is an update utility in the stickies at the top of the RF7 forum for migrating downloaded aircraft files. Real Flight Migration Tool
If you have previously installed and properly registered the EPs/MPs, it is possible to copy the EPs and MPs from the old directory to the new directory. SEE THIS THREAD FIRST POST Do Not Do This If You are NOT computer savy.
The safest method of updating is to use the install disks and install another time for use with RF7.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 08-12-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:36 AM

What Connection Are You Using?

As you write about your problem controlling Real Flight, it would be helpful if you are very clear about the interface you are using;

There are now four Styles of connecting to Real Flight.
1.) Interlink Elite - has been around since RFG4.x (you can plug your field radio into the back)

2.) Interlink Interface - New for RF7 (meant for use with your field radio) Please note that the reset button is on the interface.
.....Press to reset simulator and get a new copy of the aircraft you were flying.

3.) TTX600 Tactic Radio - New for RF7 (the included radio can also be used as a field radio)

4.) New for RF7.5 is the wireless connection. Be careful, read and look at what radios are compatible with the new wireless connection.
.....NOT ALL RADIOS ARE DIRECTLY COMPATIBLE, you might need to purchase an "AnyLink" device to use the wireless connection.

When you ask a question in the forum, tell us what interface you are using, it might make a difference in the answer you might get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InterlinkElitegpmz4500.jpg (16.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg InterlinkInterfacegpmz4504.jpg (12.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg TTX600gpmz4510.jpg (15.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg RealFlightWireless-gpmz4524.jpg (13.8 KB, 1176 views)

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 01-01-2015 at 07:25 AM. Reason: #4 added compatibility statement.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:59 AM

Please Don't Post Here... start a new thread with your problem or continue an existing thread of the similar problem. I will grab all the repetitive questions from the forum and post answers here. PM me if you disagree with an answer posted here...

Added the zoom question
Added 3D vs. Panoramic --- camera views disabled.
Added Landing Orientation View Explanation and how to zero out the radio trim being used.
Added Moving EP, MP and Downloaded Content to RF7
Be happy help yourself...
Pugged Interlink will not allow computer to boot.
Restore Defaults.
French User Manual Link Added
Field Radio Question and Link
List of Add-On Aircraft Added 2/20/2014
Added Sound section 2/26/2014
Creating a PhotoField 3/7/2014
Optimizing RF7s Graphics Settings 3/16/2014
Radio Interfaces 3/18/2014
Making your own custom aircraft 3/30/2014
Added Etiquette "Rules" of RF Multiplayer 4/4/2014
Installing and Registering of RF 4/26/2014
Added More Info on Downloading Swap Page Files at beginning of FAQs. 5/1/2014
Added Link to RF7 on Mac Thread 5/11/2014
Added a Link to Running RF7 on Mac with Fusion 5/22/2014
Added Link to Manually Removing a Color Scheme 5/27/2014
Added question about Helicopter Canopies on ground 6/29/2014
Added question about removing AV or CS files that do not have required EA file 10/29/2014
Added question about removing sound emitters at Joe's Garage 11/6/2014
Added picture of new 7.5 wireless interface. 11/6/2014
Clarified a couple of things in the interface post 1/1/2015
Added a link to the thread about reinstalling after failed install 1/5/2015
Added Flaperon thread link 1/12/2015
Added Real Flight 7.5 Does not Run on Windows Xp message 1/15/2015
Added message about using USB Drives to install Real Flight 2/3/2015
Added message about creating color schemes using Gimp 6/3/2015
Added message about using DX5e radio with Helicopter Hover Trainer 11/2/2015
Added message about various Airport File Types 11/22/2015
Added message about On-Line Activation 1/10/2016
Added message about manual activation 1/18/2016
Added message about moding the Interlink Controller for a smooth throttle 2/13/2016
Added message about creating custom motor sound files for Real Flight 5/16/2016
Added message about USB3 port and interlink elite problems... 2/7/2017
Added message about Changing Interlink Modes 2/13/2017
Added message about uninstaller deleting data 2/22/2017
Added message about creating custom sounds 8/10/2017

Please Don't Post Here... start a new thread with your problem or continue an existing thread of the similar problem.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 08-10-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:08 AM

Mode change

Greetings. I have spent time trying to change my new RF7.5 simulator from mode 2 to mode1. The instructions for the mechanical part of the operation were clear enough, but I was then told to enter the Real Flight program and configure the software to operate in the mode 1 setting. Having only a basic IT knowledge, I can find no way of doing as instructed. Can any one help me? Keith s.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: