Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 09-18-2014, 11:55 AM

Ya thats what I thought...however traditionally you want to NOT lower or raise the camera for the upper or lower passes
I cant keep up with all the new features for all the new cameras but so far as I know only cellphones allow making "all in one motion" type panos but if not already I'm sure its coming to a digi camera near you soon and i think i know what you mean by slightly lower or higher when you made those passes and the iphone probably compensated .....
Do you know what a "nodal" point is ?
If not Google it its a lot to explain here but is key in any successful pano weather hand held or on a tripod with a traditional camera .../given the thin profile of an iphone its almost a moot point as far as phone cameras go)... And yes its possible to make a flawless 90-180 x180 pano HAND HELD as long as you keep the nodal point in the same spot it takes some practice and familiarity with your camera but every pano I have at viewbug (see link in my sig.)with the exception of the one that says i used the bridge for support was done completely free hand...with my canon G9...evereyone .....even the 360 of the static display air-park !!
I have not tried yet but do not suggest anyone try to make a field for RF without a tripod.....but i think i could do it !

Just out of curiosity the other day I took one of an abandoned burnt out 2 story stone house hand held and this phone dose not use the all in one sweep type pano. at about 170x260 (don't have enough memory for more) but haven't been able to try stitching it ...I will post results good bad or indifferent soon

Last edited by Maj. Numbskully; 10-13-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:19 PM

Photoshop does have a lens correction and a vanishing point filter....dont understand why the call it a filter rather than calling it a tool as thats what it really is in my opinion ..
Why is it that geeks need to rename everything ?
A tool is now a filter

Format in now a file type not cameras diagonal film measurement/ Film size

A pound sign.... #.....is now a Hashtag
What in &%?!? Is a hashtag ?
Any way I doubt those tools or anything really wil correct the problem you face at this point

Rent.. borrow .buy a didgi camera figure out its normal focal length and re-shoot or get an accessorie lens that has a 50mm 35mm equivalent lens....I see no other solution...please if you do discover one please share I'm always willing to learn something new ..as i told you before if you have any questions related to photography ..photoshop or RF Collision Objects errr.... I mean Depth Buffers (there goes those geeks again) or RF in general just ask ......good luck

Last edited by Maj. Numbskully; 10-13-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: