Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G5
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:13 PM

RF V5.5 Sailplane features

I just aquired a version of real flight 5.5 to learn sailplane RC. I have ask the tech support people over at real flight if there were more sailplane features added in the later versions of real flight but they don't know. Does anyone know if there is more sailplane refinement in later versions of real flight? I am very pleased with what I have, but I am curious to know if there are there enough upgrades to newer versions of RF to buy an upgrade considering I am mostly interested in sailplanes? I read that V6 and beyond has better multi play not sure if this applies to sailplanes.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:16 AM

As far as additional glider models, just a couple more have been added. Physics were changed in version 6 and models that are tuned to work in RF6 and higher work well. The way gliders fly for you now is pretty much the same in RF7.5. With your interlink, you can upgrade to RF7.5 for 50 bucks and have the latest and greatest with all the updates (and bugs) most of us enjoy.

Last edited by csgill75; 03-01-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:31 AM

Thanks for the info. It would be great if RF would create a soaring competition within the simulater run from a server that would allow elimination brackets for multiple players or whatever comp format is currently used. There could be many comp formats. The soaring crowd could have winter soaring comp's while their building out next springs gliders.

Last edited by Sport Plane; 03-02-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 PM

While that isn't available, there is multi-player available and people do have glider sessions. The latest versions will usually see the most users.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: