Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight Basic
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:06 PM

Installation issues

I am trying to install Real Flight basic on my Windows 8 machine.

I have had it installed before, but I had to complete a system restore and lost it.

Now it is like it won't install at all. It acts like it will...then nothing.

Can anyone help me please?
Old 06-07-2015, 08:28 PM

- Make sure that you run the setup.exe program by right clicking on it, then selecting "run as administrator".

- On some ( particularly AMD ) systems the installer can take a LONG time to start to copy files over. Some have reported as long as 30 minutes.

- If the file copy process, starts, then stops somewhere along the way, it is possible that your computer is having problems reading the CD.

That can be due to scratches or dirt on the CD or problems with the CD rom reader's tracking mechanism.

To double check, select everything on the CD and COPY it to a folder on your computer.

If it finishes copying, then your machine has no problems reading the CD.

If it fails, try the same thing on another computer. If it fails there too contact Tech Support.

If it succeeds on the other computer, you CD reader is not tracking correctly. You may then be able to install via the other working machine, by sharing out the CD drive over your network.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: