Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 6
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:50 PM

Trying to reinstall after system crash

Hello everyone,

My Windows 8.1 PC recently died - operating system got corrupted during a recent Windows Update. Anyway, I have media for RF 6 and upgrades for 7 and 7.5. RF was installed on a 2nd drive (not corrupted by crash as only the OS partition was corrupted), so I figured I would try to reinstall over the old versions so I wouldn't have to reinstall all of my add ons. Well, to make a long story short - in my frustration, I removed everything and attempted to start the whole thing from scratch.

I have installed RF 6 without incident, but when I attempt to launch via the realflight.exe I get the following error: KEEerror 92994: Serial numbers are invalid or missing. You must run the RealFlight Launcher and enter them before RealFlight will run. Okay I say, that makes sense. So I run Launcher6.exe and I get: KEError 21051: Unknown Product Code.

So, now I am wondering how do I enter the Product Code if it never asks me for it?

Thanks for any help you can provide...
Old 06-07-2015, 04:00 PM

Oops, bit by Windows 8 again...

I decided to scan the Windows Registry and sure enough found the problem. The launcher needs to be passed some parameters, which I completely forgot about. The desktop shortcut was what I should have run rather than trying to just run the executables. I should have known this - blame it on my aging memory. Oh well, now I have tons of add-ons to reinstall for my haste...
Old 06-07-2015, 06:01 PM

You can install RF 7.5 without installing prior versions. You will probably have to install the expansion packs again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: